Cemetery Records at Peterhead

  • Margaret Hector
    Message 1 of 25 , Nov 27, 2007
      Hi Ian and all
      I, too would be very interested in the Cemetery records at Peterhead.
      Cheers
      Margaret

    • Anne Geddes
      Message 2 of 25 , Nov 28, 2007
        Message for Ian Robertson

        I too would be interested in CDs of Peterhead MIs

        Cheers

        Anne Geddes

        Message 3 of 25 , Nov 28, 2007
          Ian,

          Please can I be included on this list too. Do you need any more details or will this email do the trick?

          Thanks,

          Jen

          email: HYPERLINK "mailto:idr@..."idr@...
          web: HYPERLINK "http://www.robertsoninc.ca/"www.robertsoninc.ca

          Checked by AVG Free Edition.

        • Steve Broekmann
          Message 4 of 25 , Nov 28, 2007
            Could Mary Robertson not perhaps be persuaded to post to everyone on the list when the CDs become available and what the cost would be?

            Ideally, could there be extracted from them an index of names so that people buying will at least know they have some prospect of finding who they might be interested in?

            Steve

              Message 6 of 25 , Nov 28, 2007
                I too would be interested in obtaining copies of these CDs. A
                suggestion -
                since you say you are not sure if Mary Robertson is organised to sell
                them -
                could ANESFHS be asked to undertake this? They already distribute
                monumental inscriptions from other cemeteries. I do hope that the CDs
                can be made available soon.

                Mary Barnes
                marysb@...

                On 27/11/2007, at 5:29 AM, Ian Robertson wrote:
                > Greeting to those interested in this topic.
                >
                > Last spring I visited Peterhead (after spending 2 days at ANESFHS
                > in Aberdeen). I was looking for my Robertson ancestors prior to
                > about 1822. I found two items which may be of interest.
                > 1. The Record Office in Peterhead has five binders listing who is
                > buried where in St Peters Old Churchyard Cemetery. One of the books
                > is an alphabetical cross index to the other four books, each of
                > which are organized by Lair number. As six bodies may be buried
                > within a lair, and because most of the records were pretty
                > complete, you can get dates and names directly from the entries.
                > Offspring are often identified so family relationships are often
                > easy to decipher. I believe you must make a personal appearance to
                > look at these records, and a modest fee is charged for the effort.
                > 2. While at ANESFHS, I met a Mary Robertson, who told me of her
                > work to record tombstones, both at St Peters Old Churchyard
                > Cemetery, and also at Constitution Street Cemetery. After some
                > subsequent correspondence, Mary has sent me four CDs which record
                > in both text and pictures ALL the monumental inscriptions found at
                > those two cemeteries. With the search abilities of MS Word, family
                > trees just come 'bouncing out' of the data! Mary has not yet
                > confirmed to me she is organized to sell the CDs. So, if you are
                > interested, please email me, and I will pass your email on to her
                > for her attention.
                >

                > Sincerely,
                > Ian Robertson
                > Ian D Robertson Inc
                > Delta, BC, Canada
                > V4M 2K3
                > Tel: 604-943-3715
                > fax:604-943-7391
                > email: HYPERLINK "mailto:idr@..."idr@...
                > web: HYPERLINK "http://www.robertsoninc.ca/"www.robertsoninc.ca

                > Checked by AVG Free Edition.
                > 11/25/2007 4:24 PM

                Mary Barnes
                marysb@...

              • Ed Campbell
                Message 7 of 25 , Nov 28, 2007
                  Hello Ian:

                  I would appreciate being added to the list to obtain the CDs.

                  I can provide more info re my Robertson including Mary McKinnon Robertson
                  who died 1938 in Peterhead. I wonder if the Mary you mentioned could be
                  related?

                  Many thanks,

                  Ed. Campbell

                  email: HYPERLINK "mailto:idr@... <mailto:idr%40robertsoninc.ca>
                  "idr@... <mailto:idr%40robertsoninc.ca>
                  web: HYPERLINK "http://www.robertsoninc.ca/"www.robertsoninc.ca

                  Checked by AVG Free Edition.
                  4:24 PM

                • Brenda Sleight
                  Message 8 of 25 , Nov 30, 2007
                    Greetings Ian, I too would be interested in the CD's of Mary Roberston

                    Regards
                    Bren

                    To: Peterhead@yahoogroups.comFrom: pmwalker@...: Mon, 26 Nov 2007 17:16:27 -0800Subject: RE: [Peterhead] Cemetery Records at Peterhead

                    Hello IanI too would like to get the CD's if Mary Robertson has them available tosell. Thanks for the information.Pat WalkerNew Westminster BCTel 604-540-8952From: Peterhead@yahoogroups.com [mailto:Peterhead@yahoogroups.com] On BehalfOf Ian RobertsonSent: Monday, November 26, 2007 10:29 AMTo: Peterhead@yahoogroups.comSubject: [Peterhead] Cemetery Records at PeterheadGreeting to those interested in this topic.Last spring I visited Peterhead (after spending 2 days at ANESFHS inAberdeen). I was looking for my Robertson ancestors prior to about 1822. Ifound two items which may be of interest.1. The Record Office in Peterhead has five binders listing who is buriedwhere in St Peters Old Churchyard Cemetery. One of the books is analphabetical cross index to the other four books, each of which areorganized by Lair number. As six bodies may be buried within a lair, andbecause most of the records were pretty complete, you can get dates andnames directly from the entries. Offspring are often identified so familyrelationships are often easy to decipher. I believe you must make a personalappearance to look at these records, and a modest fee is charged for theeffort.2. While at ANESFHS, I met a Mary Robertson, who told me of her work torecord tombstones, both at St Peters Old Churchyard Cemetery, and also atConstitution Street Cemetery. After some subsequent correspondence, Mary hassent me four CDs which record in both text and pictures ALL the monumentalinscriptions found at those two cemeteries. With the search abilities of MSWord, family trees just come 'bouncing out' of the data! Mary has not yetconfirmed to me she is organized to sell the CDs. So, if you are interested,please email me, and I will pass your email on to her for her attention.Sincerely,Ian RobertsonIan D Robertson IncDelta, BC, CanadaV4M 2K3Tel: 604-943-3715fax:604-943-7391email: HYPERLINK "mailto:idr@robertsoninc. <mailto:idr%40robertsoninc.ca>ca"idr@robertsoninc. <mailto:idr%40robertsoninc.ca> caweb: HYPERLINK "http://www.robertso <http://www.robertsoninc.ca/>ninc.ca/"www.robertsoninc.caNo virus found in this outgoing message.Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.503 / Virus Database: 269.16.7/1151 - Release Date: 11/25/20074:24 PM[Non-text portions of this message have been removed][Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

                  • Ken May
                    Message 9 of 25 , Nov 30, 2007
                      Dear All,

                      I too would like to be added to the list, but the cost of sending a large number of CDs around the world would be prohibitive.

                      It might be possible to send one CD to each region, then rely on someone there to copy and distribute locally, keeping the costs to a minimum?

                      Regards

                      Ken

                      Message 10 of 25 , Dec 1, 2007
                        May I please be included for the CD. I live in Arizona(in the winter) &
                        Washington State(in the summer) and would be happy to make copies of the CD
                        to send to others in the US, if this would be of any help.

                        I too, have quite a few Robertson's from Peterhead as well as other surnames
                        and would be happy to share what I do have.

                        Regards

                        DeLories

                        www.tribalpages.com/tribes/cheyne

                      • maymyo25
                        Message 11 of 25 , Jan 7, 2008
                          Ian,

                          Would you please add my name to the list of people interested in
                          purchasing the Peterhead cemetery CD's. I did manage to get to
                          Peterhead this year but could only stay a day. I did find one grave I
                          was looking for with information provided by the Registrar (alas, no
                          headstone) but need more information about the rest of the family
                          burials.

                          Many thanks,
                          Elizabeth Robertson

                          --- In Peterhead@yahoogroups.com, "Ian Robertson" <idr@...> wrote:

                          > Greeting to those interested in this topic.
                          >
                          > Last spring I visited Peterhead (after spending 2 days at ANESFHS
                          in Aberdeen). I was looking for my Robertson ancestors prior to about
                          1822. I found two items which may be of interest.
                          > 1. The Record Office in Peterhead has five binders listing who is
                          buried where in St Peters Old Churchyard Cemetery. One of the books
                          is an alphabetical cross index to the other four books, each of which
                          are organized by Lair number. As six bodies may be buried within a
                          lair, and because most of the records were pretty complete, you can
                          get dates and names directly from the entries. Offspring are often
                          identified so family relationships are often easy to decipher. I
                          believe you must make a personal appearance to look at these records,
                          and a modest fee is charged for the effort.
                          > 2. While at ANESFHS, I met a Mary Robertson, who told me of her
                          work to record tombstones, both at St Peters Old Churchyard Cemetery,
                          and also at Constitution Street Cemetery. After some subsequent
                          correspondence, Mary has sent me four CDs which record in both text
                          and pictures ALL the monumental inscriptions found at those two
                          cemeteries. With the search abilities of MS Word, family trees just
                          come 'bouncing out' of the data! Mary has not yet confirmed to me
                          she is organized to sell the CDs. So, if you are interested, please
                          email me, and I will pass your email on to her for her attention.

                          > Sincerely,
                          > Ian Robertson
                          > Ian D Robertson Inc
                          > Delta, BC, Canada
                          > V4M 2K3
                          > Tel: 604-943-3715
                          > fax:604-943-7391
                          > email: HYPERLINK "mailto:idr@..."idr@...
                          > web: HYPERLINK "http://www.robertsoninc.ca/"www.robertsoninc.ca

                          > Checked by AVG Free Edition.
                          11/25/2007 4:24 PM

                        • haworth.jill
                          Message 12 of 25 , Jan 7, 2008
                            Hello Ian: I would be interested in obtaining the CD's that you
                            are referring to, with regards to St. Peters Old Churchyard Cemetery
                            and Constitution Street Cemetery. Please let me know when they are
                            available.
                            Thank-you,
                            Jill Haworth

                            --- In Peterhead@yahoogroups.com, "Ian Robertson" <idr@...> wrote:

                            > Greeting to those interested in this topic.
                            >
                            > Last spring I visited Peterhead (after spending 2 days at ANESFHS
                            in Aberdeen). I was looking for my Robertson ancestors prior to about
                            1822. I found two items which may be of interest.
                            > 1. The Record Office in Peterhead has five binders listing who is
                            buried where in St Peters Old Churchyard Cemetery. One of the books
                            is an alphabetical cross index to the other four books, each of which
                            are organized by Lair number. As six bodies may be buried within a
                            lair, and because most of the records were pretty complete, you can
                            get dates and names directly from the entries. Offspring are often
                            identified so family relationships are often easy to decipher. I
                            believe you must make a personal appearance to look at these records,
                            and a modest fee is charged for the effort.
                            > 2. While at ANESFHS, I met a Mary Robertson, who told me of her
                            work to record tombstones, both at St Peters Old Churchyard Cemetery,
                            and also at Constitution Street Cemetery. After some subsequent
                            correspondence, Mary has sent me four CDs which record in both text
                            and pictures ALL the monumental inscriptions found at those two
                            cemeteries. With the search abilities of MS Word, family trees just
                            come 'bouncing out' of the data! Mary has not yet confirmed to me
                            she is organized to sell the CDs. So, if you are interested, please
                            email me, and I will pass your email on to her for her attention.

                            > Sincerely,
                            > Ian Robertson
                            > Ian D Robertson Inc
                            > Delta, BC, Canada
                            > V4M 2K3
                            > Tel: 604-943-3715
                            > fax:604-943-7391
                            > email: HYPERLINK "mailto:idr@..."idr@...
                            > web: HYPERLINK "http://www.robertsoninc.ca/"www.robertsoninc.ca

                            > Checked by AVG Free Edition.
                            11/25/2007 4:24 PM

                          • haworth.jill
                            Message 13 of 25 , Jan 7, 2008
                              Hello Ian: I would be interested in obtaining the CD's that you
                              are referring to, with regards to St. Peters Old Churchyard Cemetery
                              and Constitution Street Cemetery. Please let me know when they are
                              available.
                              Thank-you,
                              Jill Haworth

                              --- In Peterhead@yahoogroups.com, "Ian Robertson" <idr@...> wrote:

                              > Greeting to those interested in this topic.
                              >
                              > Last spring I visited Peterhead (after spending 2 days at ANESFHS
                              in Aberdeen). I was looking for my Robertson ancestors prior to about
                              1822. I found two items which may be of interest.
                              > 1. The Record Office in Peterhead has five binders listing who is
                              buried where in St Peters Old Churchyard Cemetery. One of the books
                              is an alphabetical cross index to the other four books, each of which
                              are organized by Lair number. As six bodies may be buried within a
                              lair, and because most of the records were pretty complete, you can
                              get dates and names directly from the entries. Offspring are often
                              identified so family relationships are often easy to decipher. I
                              believe you must make a personal appearance to look at these records,
                              and a modest fee is charged for the effort.
                              > 2. While at ANESFHS, I met a Mary Robertson, who told me of her
                              work to record tombstones, both at St Peters Old Churchyard Cemetery,
                              and also at Constitution Street Cemetery. After some subsequent
                              correspondence, Mary has sent me four CDs which record in both text
                              and pictures ALL the monumental inscriptions found at those two
                              cemeteries. With the search abilities of MS Word, family trees just
                              come 'bouncing out' of the data! Mary has not yet confirmed to me
                              she is organized to sell the CDs. So, if you are interested, please
                              email me, and I will pass your email on to her for her attention.

                              > Sincerely,
                              > Ian Robertson
                              > Ian D Robertson Inc
                              > Delta, BC, Canada
                              > V4M 2K3
                              > Tel: 604-943-3715
                              > fax:604-943-7391
                              > email: HYPERLINK "mailto:idr@..."idr@...
                              > web: HYPERLINK "http://www.robertsoninc.ca/"www.robertsoninc.ca

                              > Checked by AVG Free Edition.
                              11/25/2007 4:24 PM

                            • DeLories (De)
                              Message 14 of 25 , Jan 8, 2008
                                I, like so many, would be interested in the CD's. Let me know how much and
                                where I send the money.

                                I, also, have Robertson's in out Peterhead line as well as many Peterhead
                                ancestors and also from the surrounding areas.

                                Thank you

                                DeLories

                              • Gweneth Myers
                                Message 15 of 25 , Jan 8, 2008
                                  G'day Ian
                                  Seems like the CD is going to be a sell out before itis released. Congratulations! Would you please add me to your list as well.
                                  Thanks heaps,
                                  Gwen Myers.

                                  Hello Ian: I would be interested in obtaining the CD's that you
                                  are referring to, with regards to St. Peters Old Churchyard Cemetery
                                  and Constitution Street Cemetery. Please let me know when they are
                                  available.
                                  Thank-you,
                                  Jill Haworth

                                  --- In Peterhead@yahoogrou ps.com, "Ian Robertson" <idr@...> wrote:

                                  > Greeting to those interested in this topic.
                                  >
                                  > Last spring I visited Peterhead (after spending 2 days at ANESFHS
                                  in Aberdeen). I was looking for my Robertson ancestors prior to about
                                  1822. I found two items which may be of interest.
                                  > 1. The Record Office in Peterhead has five binders listing who is
                                  buried where in St Peters Old Churchyard Cemetery. One of the books
                                  is an alphabetical cross index to the other four books, each of which
                                  are organized by Lair number. As six bodies may be buried within a
                                  lair, and because most of the records were pretty complete, you can
                                  get dates and names directly from the entries. Offspring are often
                                  identified so family relationships are often easy to decipher. I
                                  believe you must make a personal appearance to look at these records,
                                  and a modest fee is charged for the effort.
                                  > 2. While at ANESFHS, I met a Mary Robertson, who told me of her
                                  work to record tombstones, both at St Peters Old Churchyard Cemetery,
                                  and also at Constitution Street Cemetery. After some subsequent
                                  correspondence, Mary has sent me four CDs which record in both text
                                  and pictures ALL the monumental inscriptions found at those two
                                  cemeteries. With the search abilities of MS Word, family trees just
                                  come 'bouncing out' of the data! Mary has not yet confirmed to me
                                  she is organized to sell the CDs. So, if you are interested, please
                                  email me, and I will pass your email on to her for her attention.

                                  > Sincerely,
                                  > Ian Robertson
                                  > Ian D Robertson Inc
                                  > Delta, BC, Canada
                                  > V4M 2K3
                                  > Tel: 604-943-3715
                                  > fax:604-943- 7391
                                  > email: HYPERLINK "mailto:idr@ ..."idr@. ..
                                  > web: HYPERLINK "http://www.robertso ninc.ca/"www.robertsoninc. ca

                                  > Checked by AVG Free Edition.
                                  11/25/2007 4:24 PM

                                • Ian Robertson
                                  Message 16 of 25 , Jan 9, 2008
                                    Greetings to all interested in Peterhead Cemetery Records (and there are dozens of you).

                                    Since I first posted my message back in November I have heard from over 30 people. I have also been able to get in contact with the author (with whom I had lost contact temporarily). Initially it was agreed that I would make copies and sell from Canada. Then just after Christmas I received word that a new genealogy group was being set up in Peterhead. It will include a person knowledgeable in IT, and that they would like to make and distribute copies themselves. This is the wish of the author.

                                    So for now I would ask everyone to be a bit patient, to wait for a note on this discussion group, and then for you to make your request known to them.

                                    As I understand it, the Old Churchyard is a 'finished product', but Mary Robertson wants to do some more work on the Constitution St Cemetery - so I am not sure of its distribution status.

                                    Sincerely,
                                    Ian Robertson
                                    864 Pacific Dr
                                    Delta, BC, Canada
                                    V4M 2K3
                                    Tel: 604-943-3715
                                    fax:604-943-7391
                                    email: HYPERLINK "mailto:idr@..."idr@...
                                    web: HYPERLINK "http://www.robertsoninc.ca/"www.robertsoninc.ca

                                    Checked by AVG Free Edition.

                                  • kathytrevelyan
                                    Message 17 of 25 , Jan 13, 2008
                                      I'd like a CD too please!
                                      Kathy

                                      --- In Peterhead@yahoogroups.com, Gweneth Myers <gwenethmyers@...>
                                      wrote:

                                      > G'day Ian
                                      > Seems like the CD is going to be a sell out before itis released.
                                      Congratulations! Would you please add me to your list as well.
                                      > Thanks heaps,
                                      > Gwen Myers.

                                    • kathytrevelyan
                                      Message 18 of 25 , Jan 13, 2008

                                        wrote:

                                        > G'day Ian
                                        > Seems like the CD is going to be a sell out before itis released.
                                        Congratulations! Would you please add me to your list as well.
                                        > Thanks heaps,
                                        > Gwen Myers.

                                      • traceclip
                                        Message 19 of 25 , Jan 13, 2008
                                          Thank you Ian for posting this information. I am among the interested
                                          parties who have not yet registered an interest with you, and will
                                          keep an eye on the forum to see when this becomes available.

                                          --- In Peterhead@yahoogroups.com, "Ian Robertson" <idr@...> wrote:

                                          > Greetings to all interested in Peterhead Cemetery Records (and there
                                          are dozens of you).

                                          > Since I first posted my message back in November I have heard from
                                          over 30 people. I have also been able to get in contact with the
                                          author (with whom I had lost contact temporarily). Initially it was
                                          agreed that I would make copies and sell from Canada. Then just after
                                          Christmas I received word that a new genealogy group was being set up
                                          in Peterhead. It will include a person knowledgeable in IT, and that
                                          they would like to make and distribute copies themselves. This is the
                                          wish of the author.

                                          > So for now I would ask everyone to be a bit patient, to wait for a
                                          note on this discussion group, and then for you to make your request
                                          known to them.

                                          > As I understand it, the Old Churchyard is a 'finished product', but
                                          Mary Robertson wants to do some more work on the Constitution St
                                          Cemetery - so I am not sure of its distribution status.

                                          > Sincerely,
                                          > Ian Robertson
                                          > 864 Pacific Dr
                                          > Delta, BC, Canada