RE: [Peterhead] Cemetery Records at Peterhead

  • Pat Walker
    Message 1 of 25 , Nov 26, 2007
      Hello Ian

      I too would like to get the CD's if Mary Robertson has them available to
      sell. Thanks for the information.

      Pat Walker

      New Westminster BC

      Tel 604-540-8952

      Message 2 of 25 , Nov 27, 2007
        Hi
        I am interested in graveyard records for both as my familes on my father's side came from Peterhead both grand parents. They were Collie's and Buchan's. I am starting work on the extended family which brings in a lot more names.
        All the best and thanks
        Colin R.H. Collie

        To: Peterhead@yahoogroups.comFrom: luxorsun71@...: Mon, 26 Nov 2007 22:35:44 +0000Subject: [Peterhead] Re: Cemetery Records at Peterhead

        --- In Peterhead@yahoogroups.com, "Ian Robertson" <idr@...> wrote:>I would be very interested if these cd's were for sale as I have many family connections with Peterhead.My maternal grandparents being buried in the Constitution Street Cemetery.Regards,Seonaid> Greeting to those interested in this topic.> > Last spring I visited Peterhead (after spending 2 days at ANESFHS in Aberdeen). I was looking for my Robertson ancestors prior to about 1822. I found two items which may be of interest.> 1. The Record Office in Peterhead has five binders listing who is buried where in St Peters Old Churchyard Cemetery. One of the books is an alphabetical cross index to the other four books, each of which are organized by Lair number. As six bodies may be buried within a lair, and because most of the records were pretty complete, you can get dates and names directly from the entries. Offspring are often identified so family relationships are often easy to decipher. I believe you must make a personal appearance to look at these records, and a modest fee is charged for the effort.> 2. While at ANESFHS, I met a Mary Robertson, who told me of her work to record tombstones, both at St Peters Old Churchyard Cemetery, and also at Constitution Street Cemetery. After some subsequent correspondence, Mary has sent me four CDs which record in both text and pictures ALL the monumental inscriptions found at those two cemeteries. With the search abilities of MS Word, family trees just come 'bouncing out' of the data! Mary has not yet confirmed to me she is organized to sell the CDs. So, if you are interested, please email me, and I will pass your email on to her for her attention.> > > Sincerely,> Ian Robertson> Ian D Robertson Inc> Delta, BC, Canada> V4M 2K3> Tel: 604-943-3715> fax:604-943-7391> email: HYPERLINK "mailto:idr@..."idr@...> web: HYPERLINK "http://www.robertsoninc.ca/"www.robertsoninc.ca> > > > > No virus found in this outgoing message.> Checked by AVG Free Edition. > Version: 7.5.503 / Virus Database: 269.16.7/1151 - Release Date: 11/25/2007 4:24 PM> > > > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]>

      • Margaret Hector
        Message 3 of 25 , Nov 27, 2007
          Hi Ian and all
          I, too would be very interested in the Cemetery records at Peterhead.
          Cheers
          Margaret

        • Anne Geddes
          Message 4 of 25 , Nov 28, 2007
            Message for Ian Robertson

            I too would be interested in CDs of Peterhead MIs

            Cheers

            Anne Geddes

[...]

            email: HYPERLINK "mailto:idr@robertsoninc. ca"idr@robertsoninc. ca
            web: HYPERLINK "http://www.robertso ninc.ca/"www.robertsoninc. ca

            Checked by AVG Free Edition.

          • Jen Wilson
            Message 5 of 25 , Nov 28, 2007
              Ian,

              Please can I be included on this list too. Do you need any more details or will this email do the trick?

              Thanks,

              Jen

              Message 6 of 25 , Nov 28, 2007
                Could Mary Robertson not perhaps be persuaded to post to everyone on the list when the CDs become available and what the cost would be?

                Ideally, could there be extracted from them an index of names so that people buying will at least know they have some prospect of finding who they might be interested in?

                Steve

                  Message 8 of 25 , Nov 28, 2007
                    I too would be interested in obtaining copies of these CDs. A
                    suggestion -
                    since you say you are not sure if Mary Robertson is organised to sell
                    them -
                    could ANESFHS be asked to undertake this? They already distribute
                    monumental inscriptions from other cemeteries. I do hope that the CDs
                    can be made available soon.

                    Mary Barnes
                    marysb@...

                    On 27/11/2007, at 5:29 AM, Ian Robertson wrote:
                    > Greeting to those interested in this topic.
                    >
                    > Last spring I visited Peterhead (after spending 2 days at ANESFHS
                    > in Aberdeen). I was looking for my Robertson ancestors prior to
                    > about 1822. I found two items which may be of interest.
                    > 1. The Record Office in Peterhead has five binders listing who is
                    > buried where in St Peters Old Churchyard Cemetery. One of the books
                    > is an alphabetical cross index to the other four books, each of
                    > which are organized by Lair number. As six bodies may be buried
                    > within a lair, and because most of the records were pretty
                    > complete, you can get dates and names directly from the entries.
                    > Offspring are often identified so family relationships are often
                    > easy to decipher. I believe you must make a personal appearance to
                    > look at these records, and a modest fee is charged for the effort.
                    > 2. While at ANESFHS, I met a Mary Robertson, who told me of her
                    > work to record tombstones, both at St Peters Old Churchyard
                    > Cemetery, and also at Constitution Street Cemetery. After some
                    > subsequent correspondence, Mary has sent me four CDs which record
                    > in both text and pictures ALL the monumental inscriptions found at
                    > those two cemeteries. With the search abilities of MS Word, family
                    > trees just come 'bouncing out' of the data! Mary has not yet
                    > confirmed to me she is organized to sell the CDs. So, if you are
                    > interested, please email me, and I will pass your email on to her
                    > for her attention.
                    >

                    > Sincerely,
                    > Ian Robertson
                    > Ian D Robertson Inc
                    > Delta, BC, Canada
                    > V4M 2K3
                    > Tel: 604-943-3715
                    > fax:604-943-7391
                    > email: HYPERLINK "mailto:idr@..."idr@...
                    > web: HYPERLINK "http://www.robertsoninc.ca/"www.robertsoninc.ca

                    > Checked by AVG Free Edition.
                    > 11/25/2007 4:24 PM

                    Mary Barnes
                    marysb@...

                  • Ed Campbell
                    Message 9 of 25 , Nov 28, 2007
                      Hello Ian:

                      I would appreciate being added to the list to obtain the CDs.

                      I can provide more info re my Robertson including Mary McKinnon Robertson
                      who died 1938 in Peterhead. I wonder if the Mary you mentioned could be
                      related?

                      Many thanks,

                      Ed. Campbell

                      email: HYPERLINK "mailto:idr@... <mailto:idr%40robertsoninc.ca>
                      "idr@... <mailto:idr%40robertsoninc.ca>
                      web: HYPERLINK "http://www.robertsoninc.ca/"www.robertsoninc.ca

                      Checked by AVG Free Edition.
                      4:24 PM

                    • Brenda Sleight
                      Message 10 of 25 , Nov 30, 2007
                        Greetings Ian, I too would be interested in the CD's of Mary Roberston

                        Regards
                        Bren

                        To: Peterhead@yahoogroups.comFrom: pmwalker@...: Mon, 26 Nov 2007 17:16:27 -0800Subject: RE: [Peterhead] Cemetery Records at Peterhead

                        Hello IanI too would like to get the CD's if Mary Robertson has them available tosell. Thanks for the information.Pat WalkerNew Westminster BCTel 604-540-8952From: Peterhead@yahoogroups.com [mailto:Peterhead@yahoogroups.com] On BehalfOf Ian RobertsonSent: Monday, November 26, 2007 10:29 AMTo: Peterhead@yahoogroups.comSubject: [Peterhead] Cemetery Records at PeterheadGreeting to those interested in this topic.Last spring I visited Peterhead (after spending 2 days at ANESFHS inAberdeen). I was looking for my Robertson ancestors prior to about 1822. Ifound two items which may be of interest.1. The Record Office in Peterhead has five binders listing who is buriedwhere in St Peters Old Churchyard Cemetery. One of the books is analphabetical cross index to the other four books, each of which areorganized by Lair number. As six bodies may be buried within a lair, andbecause most of the records were pretty complete, you can get dates andnames directly from the entries. Offspring are often identified so familyrelationships are often easy to decipher. I believe you must make a personalappearance to look at these records, and a modest fee is charged for theeffort.2. While at ANESFHS, I met a Mary Robertson, who told me of her work torecord tombstones, both at St Peters Old Churchyard Cemetery, and also atConstitution Street Cemetery. After some subsequent correspondence, Mary hassent me four CDs which record in both text and pictures ALL the monumentalinscriptions found at those two cemeteries. With the search abilities of MSWord, family trees just come 'bouncing out' of the data! Mary has not yetconfirmed to me she is organized to sell the CDs. So, if you are interested,please email me, and I will pass your email on to her for her attention.Sincerely,Ian RobertsonIan D Robertson IncDelta, BC, CanadaV4M 2K3Tel: 604-943-3715fax:604-943-7391email: HYPERLINK "mailto:idr@robertsoninc. <mailto:idr%40robertsoninc.ca>ca"idr@robertsoninc. <mailto:idr%40robertsoninc.ca> caweb: HYPERLINK "http://www.robertso <http://www.robertsoninc.ca/>ninc.ca/"www.robertsoninc.caNo virus found in this outgoing message.Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.503 / Virus Database: 269.16.7/1151 - Release Date: 11/25/20074:24 PM[Non-text portions of this message have been removed][Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

                      • Ken May
                        Message 11 of 25 , Nov 30, 2007
                          Dear All,

                          I too would like to be added to the list, but the cost of sending a large number of CDs around the world would be prohibitive.

                          It might be possible to send one CD to each region, then rely on someone there to copy and distribute locally, keeping the costs to a minimum?

                          Regards

                          Ken

                          Message 12 of 25 , Dec 1, 2007
                            May I please be included for the CD. I live in Arizona(in the winter) &
                            Washington State(in the summer) and would be happy to make copies of the CD
                            to send to others in the US, if this would be of any help.

                            I too, have quite a few Robertson's from Peterhead as well as other surnames
                            and would be happy to share what I do have.

                            Regards

                            DeLories

                            www.tribalpages.com/tribes/cheyne

                          • maymyo25
                            Message 13 of 25 , Jan 7, 2008
                              Ian,

                              Would you please add my name to the list of people interested in
                              purchasing the Peterhead cemetery CD's. I did manage to get to
                              Peterhead this year but could only stay a day. I did find one grave I
                              was looking for with information provided by the Registrar (alas, no
                              headstone) but need more information about the rest of the family
                              burials.

                              Many thanks,
                              Elizabeth Robertson

                              --- In Peterhead@yahoogroups.com, "Ian Robertson" <idr@...> wrote:

                              > Greeting to those interested in this topic.
                              >
                              > Last spring I visited Peterhead (after spending 2 days at ANESFHS
                              in Aberdeen). I was looking for my Robertson ancestors prior to about
                              1822. I found two items which may be of interest.
                              > 1. The Record Office in Peterhead has five binders listing who is
                              buried where in St Peters Old Churchyard Cemetery. One of the books
                              is an alphabetical cross index to the other four books, each of which
                              are organized by Lair number. As six bodies may be buried within a
                              lair, and because most of the records were pretty complete, you can
                              get dates and names directly from the entries. Offspring are often
                              identified so family relationships are often easy to decipher. I
                              believe you must make a personal appearance to look at these records,
                              and a modest fee is charged for the effort.
                              > 2. While at ANESFHS, I met a Mary Robertson, who told me of her
                              work to record tombstones, both at St Peters Old Churchyard Cemetery,
                              and also at Constitution Street Cemetery. After some subsequent
                              correspondence, Mary has sent me four CDs which record in both text
                              and pictures ALL the monumental inscriptions found at those two
                              cemeteries. With the search abilities of MS Word, family trees just
                              come 'bouncing out' of the data! Mary has not yet confirmed to me
                              she is organized to sell the CDs. So, if you are interested, please
                              email me, and I will pass your email on to her for her attention.

                              > Sincerely,
                              > Ian Robertson
                              > Ian D Robertson Inc
                              > Delta, BC, Canada
                              > V4M 2K3
                              > Tel: 604-943-3715
                              > fax:604-943-7391
                              > email: HYPERLINK "mailto:idr@..."idr@...
                              > web: HYPERLINK "http://www.robertsoninc.ca/"www.robertsoninc.ca

                              > Checked by AVG Free Edition.
                              11/25/2007 4:24 PM

                            • haworth.jill
                              Message 14 of 25 , Jan 7, 2008
                                Hello Ian: I would be interested in obtaining the CD's that you
                                are referring to, with regards to St. Peters Old Churchyard Cemetery
                                and Constitution Street Cemetery. Please let me know when they are
                                available.
                                Thank-you,
                                Jill Haworth

                                --- In Peterhead@yahoogroups.com, "Ian Robertson" <idr@...> wrote:

                                > Greeting to those interested in this topic.
                                >
                                > Last spring I visited Peterhead (after spending 2 days at ANESFHS
                                in Aberdeen). I was looking for my Robertson ancestors prior to about
                                1822. I found two items which may be of interest.
                                > 1. The Record Office in Peterhead has five binders listing who is
                                buried where in St Peters Old Churchyard Cemetery. One of the books
                                is an alphabetical cross index to the other four books, each of which
                                are organized by Lair number. As six bodies may be buried within a
                                lair, and because most of the records were pretty complete, you can
                                get dates and names directly from the entries. Offspring are often
                                identified so family relationships are often easy to decipher. I
                                believe you must make a personal appearance to look at these records,
                                and a modest fee is charged for the effort.
                                > 2. While at ANESFHS, I met a Mary Robertson, who told me of her
                                work to record tombstones, both at St Peters Old Churchyard Cemetery,
                                and also at Constitution Street Cemetery. After some subsequent
                                correspondence, Mary has sent me four CDs which record in both text
                                and pictures ALL the monumental inscriptions found at those two
                                cemeteries. With the search abilities of MS Word, family trees just
                                come 'bouncing out' of the data! Mary has not yet confirmed to me
                                she is organized to sell the CDs. So, if you are interested, please
                                email me, and I will pass your email on to her for her attention.

                                > Sincerely,
                                > Ian Robertson
                                > Ian D Robertson Inc
                                > Delta, BC, Canada
                                > V4M 2K3
                                > Tel: 604-943-3715
                                > fax:604-943-7391
                                > email: HYPERLINK "mailto:idr@..."idr@...
                                > web: HYPERLINK "http://www.robertsoninc.ca/"www.robertsoninc.ca

                                > Checked by AVG Free Edition.
                                11/25/2007 4:24 PM

                              • haworth.jill
                                Message 15 of 25 , Jan 7, 2008
                                  Hello Ian: I would be interested in obtaining the CD's that you
                                  are referring to, with regards to St. Peters Old Churchyard Cemetery
                                  and Constitution Street Cemetery. Please let me know when they are
                                  available.
                                  Thank-you,
                                  Jill Haworth

                                  --- In Peterhead@yahoogroups.com, "Ian Robertson" <idr@...> wrote:

                                  > Greeting to those interested in this topic.
                                  >
                                  > Last spring I visited Peterhead (after spending 2 days at ANESFHS
                                  in Aberdeen). I was looking for my Robertson ancestors prior to about
                                  1822. I found two items which may be of interest.
                                  > 1. The Record Office in Peterhead has five binders listing who is
                                  buried where in St Peters Old Churchyard Cemetery. One of the books
                                  is an alphabetical cross index to the other four books, each of which
                                  are organized by Lair number. As six bodies may be buried within a
                                  lair, and because most of the records were pretty complete, you can
                                  get dates and names directly from the entries. Offspring are often
                                  identified so family relationships are often easy to decipher. I
                                  believe you must make a personal appearance to look at these records,
                                  and a modest fee is charged for the effort.
                                  > 2. While at ANESFHS, I met a Mary Robertson, who told me of her
                                  work to record tombstones, both at St Peters Old Churchyard Cemetery,
                                  and also at Constitution Street Cemetery. After some subsequent
                                  correspondence, Mary has sent me four CDs which record in both text
                                  and pictures ALL the monumental inscriptions found at those two
                                  cemeteries. With the search abilities of MS Word, family trees just
                                  come 'bouncing out' of the data! Mary has not yet confirmed to me
                                  she is organized to sell the CDs. So, if you are interested, please
                                  email me, and I will pass your email on to her for her attention.

                                  > Sincerely,
                                  > Ian Robertson
                                  > Ian D Robertson Inc
                                  > Delta, BC, Canada
                                  > V4M 2K3
                                  > Tel: 604-943-3715
                                  > fax:604-943-7391
                                  > email: HYPERLINK "mailto:idr@..."idr@...
                                  > web: HYPERLINK "http://www.robertsoninc.ca/"www.robertsoninc.ca

                                  > Checked by AVG Free Edition.
                                  11/25/2007 4:24 PM

                                • DeLories (De)
                                  Message 16 of 25 , Jan 8, 2008
                                    I, like so many, would be interested in the CD's. Let me know how much and
                                    where I send the money.

                                    I, also, have Robertson's in out Peterhead line as well as many Peterhead
                                    ancestors and also from the surrounding areas.

                                    Thank you

                                    DeLories

                                  • Gweneth Myers
                                    Message 17 of 25 , Jan 8, 2008
                                      G'day Ian
                                      Seems like the CD is going to be a sell out before itis released. Congratulations! Would you please add me to your list as well.
                                      Thanks heaps,
                                      Gwen Myers.

                                      Hello Ian: I would be interested in obtaining the CD's that you
                                      are referring to, with regards to St. Peters Old Churchyard Cemetery
                                      and Constitution Street Cemetery. Please let me know when they are
                                      available.
                                      Thank-you,
                                      Jill Haworth

                                      --- In Peterhead@yahoogrou ps.com, "Ian Robertson" <idr@...> wrote:

                                      > Greeting to those interested in this topic.
                                      >
                                      > Last spring I visited Peterhead (after spending 2 days at ANESFHS
                                      in Aberdeen). I was looking for my Robertson ancestors prior to about
                                      1822. I found two items which may be of interest.
                                      > 1. The Record Office in Peterhead has five binders listing who is
                                      buried where in St Peters Old Churchyard Cemetery. One of the books
                                      is an alphabetical cross index to the other four books, each of which
                                      are organized by Lair number. As six bodies may be buried within a
                                      lair, and because most of the records were pretty complete, you can
                                      get dates and names directly from the entries. Offspring are often
                                      identified so family relationships are often easy to decipher. I
                                      believe you must make a personal appearance to look at these records,
                                      and a modest fee is charged for the effort.
                                      > 2. While at ANESFHS, I met a Mary Robertson, who told me of her
                                      work to record tombstones, both at St Peters Old Churchyard Cemetery,
                                      and also at Constitution Street Cemetery. After some subsequent
                                      correspondence, Mary has sent me four CDs which record in both text
                                      and pictures ALL the monumental inscriptions found at those two
                                      cemeteries. With the search abilities of MS Word, family trees just
                                      come 'bouncing out' of the data! Mary has not yet confirmed to me
                                      she is organized to sell the CDs. So, if you are interested, please
                                      email me, and I will pass your email on to her for her attention.

                                      > Sincerely,
                                      > Ian Robertson
                                      > Ian D Robertson Inc
                                      > Delta, BC, Canada
                                      > V4M 2K3
                                      > Tel: 604-943-3715
                                      > fax:604-943- 7391
                                      > email: HYPERLINK "mailto:idr@ ..."idr@. ..
                                      > web: HYPERLINK "http://www.robertso ninc.ca/"www.robertsoninc. ca

                                      > Checked by AVG Free Edition.
                                      11/25/2007 4:24 PM

                                    • Ian Robertson
                                      Message 18 of 25 , Jan 9, 2008
                                        Greetings to all interested in Peterhead Cemetery Records (and there are dozens of you).

                                        Since I first posted my message back in November I have heard from over 30 people. I have also been able to get in contact with the author (with whom I had lost contact temporarily). Initially it was agreed that I would make copies and sell from Canada. Then just after Christmas I received word that a new genealogy group was being set up in Peterhead. It will include a person knowledgeable in IT, and that they would like to make and distribute copies themselves. This is the wish of the author.

                                        So for now I would ask everyone to be a bit patient, to wait for a note on this discussion group, and then for you to make your request known to them.

                                        As I understand it, the Old Churchyard is a 'finished product', but Mary Robertson wants to do some more work on the Constitution St Cemetery - so I am not sure of its distribution status.

                                        Sincerely,
                                        Ian Robertson
                                        864 Pacific Dr
                                        Delta, BC, Canada
                                        V4M 2K3
                                        Tel: 604-943-3715
                                        fax:604-943-7391
                                        email: HYPERLINK "mailto:idr@..."idr@...
                                        web: HYPERLINK "http://www.robertsoninc.ca/"www.robertsoninc.ca

                                        Checked by AVG Free Edition.

                                      • kathytrevelyan
                                        Message 19 of 25 , Jan 13, 2008
                                          I'd like a CD too please!
                                          Kathy

                                          --- In Peterhead@yahoogroups.com, Gweneth Myers <gwenethmyers@...>
                                          wrote:

                                          > G'day Ian
                                          > Seems like the CD is going to be a sell out before itis released.
                                          Congratulations! Would you please add me to your list as well.
                                          > Thanks heaps,
                                          > Gwen Myers.

                                        • kathytrevelyan
                                          Message 20 of 25 , Jan 13, 2008

                                            wrote:

                                            > G'day Ian
                                            > Seems like the CD is going to be a sell out before itis released.
                                            Congratulations! Would you please add me to your list as well.
                                            > Thanks heaps,
                                            > Gwen Myers.

                                          • traceclip
                                            Message 21 of 25 , Jan 13, 2008
                                              Thank you Ian for posting this information. I am among the interested
                                              parties who have not yet registered an interest with you, and will
                                              keep an eye on the forum to see when this becomes available.

                                              --- In Peterhead@yahoogroups.com, "Ian Robertson" <idr@...> wrote:

                                              > Greetings to all interested in Peterhead Cemetery Records (and there
                                              are dozens of you).

                                              > Since I first posted my message back in November I have heard from
                                              over 30 people. I have also been able to get in contact with the
                                              author (with whom I had lost contact temporarily). Initially it was
                                              agreed that I would make copies and sell from Canada. Then just after
                                              Christmas I received word that a new genealogy group was being set up
                                              in Peterhead. It will include a person knowledgeable in IT, and that
                                              they would like to make and distribute copies themselves. This is the
                                              wish of the author.

                                              > So for now I would ask everyone to be a bit patient, to wait for a
                                              note on this discussion group, and then for you to make your request
                                              known to them.

                                              > As I understand it, the Old Churchyard is a 'finished product', but
                                              Mary Robertson wants to do some more work on the Constitution St
                                              Cemetery - so I am not sure of its distribution status.

                                              > Sincerely,
                                              > Ian Robertson
                                              > 864 Pacific Dr
                                              > Delta, BC, Canada