Re: [Peterhead] Cemetery Records at Peterhead

  • PHMorrison
    Message 1 of 25 , Nov 26, 2007
      Ian,

      I would be very interested in getting the information about the cd¹s.

      Philip Morrison

    • Shona
      Message 2 of 25 , Nov 26, 2007
        --- In Peterhead@yahoogroups.com, "Ian Robertson" <idr@...> wrote:
        >I would be very interested if these cd's were for sale as I have
        many family connections with Peterhead.My maternal grandparents being
        buried in the Constitution Street Cemetery.

        Regards,Seonaid

        > Greeting to those interested in this topic.
        >
        > Last spring I visited Peterhead (after spending 2 days at ANESFHS
        in Aberdeen). I was looking for my Robertson ancestors prior to about
        1822. I found two items which may be of interest.
        > 1. The Record Office in Peterhead has five binders listing who is
        buried where in St Peters Old Churchyard Cemetery. One of the books
        is an alphabetical cross index to the other four books, each of which
        are organized by Lair number. As six bodies may be buried within a
        lair, and because most of the records were pretty complete, you can
        get dates and names directly from the entries. Offspring are often
        identified so family relationships are often easy to decipher. I
        believe you must make a personal appearance to look at these records,
        and a modest fee is charged for the effort.
        > 2. While at ANESFHS, I met a Mary Robertson, who told me of her
        work to record tombstones, both at St Peters Old Churchyard Cemetery,
        and also at Constitution Street Cemetery. After some subsequent
        correspondence, Mary has sent me four CDs which record in both text
        and pictures ALL the monumental inscriptions found at those two
        cemeteries. With the search abilities of MS Word, family trees just
        come 'bouncing out' of the data! Mary has not yet confirmed to me
        she is organized to sell the CDs. So, if you are interested, please
        email me, and I will pass your email on to her for her attention.

        > Sincerely,
        > Ian Robertson
        > Ian D Robertson Inc
        > Delta, BC, Canada
        > V4M 2K3
        > Tel: 604-943-3715
        > fax:604-943-7391
        > email: HYPERLINK "mailto:idr@..."idr@...
        > web: HYPERLINK "http://www.robertsoninc.ca/"www.robertsoninc.ca

        > Checked by AVG Free Edition.
        11/25/2007 4:24 PM

      • Pat Walker
        Message 3 of 25 , Nov 26, 2007
          Hello Ian

          I too would like to get the CD's if Mary Robertson has them available to
          sell. Thanks for the information.

          Pat Walker

          New Westminster BC

          Tel 604-540-8952

[...]

          email: HYPERLINK "mailto:idr@robertsoninc. <mailto:idr%40robertsoninc.ca>
          ca"idr@robertsoninc. <mailto:idr%40robertsoninc.ca> ca
          web: HYPERLINK "http://www.robertso <http://www.robertsoninc.ca/>
          ninc.ca/"www.robertsoninc.ca

          Checked by AVG Free Edition.
          4:24 PM

        • colin collie
          Message 4 of 25 , Nov 27, 2007
            Hi
            I am interested in graveyard records for both as my familes on my father's side came from Peterhead both grand parents. They were Collie's and Buchan's. I am starting work on the extended family which brings in a lot more names.
            All the best and thanks
            Colin R.H. Collie

            To: Peterhead@yahoogroups.comFrom: luxorsun71@...: Mon, 26 Nov 2007 22:35:44 +0000Subject: [Peterhead] Re: Cemetery Records at Peterhead

            --- In Peterhead@yahoogroups.com, "Ian Robertson" <idr@...> wrote:>I would be very interested if these cd's were for sale as I have many family connections with Peterhead.My maternal grandparents being buried in the Constitution Street Cemetery.Regards,Seonaid> Greeting to those interested in this topic.> > Last spring I visited Peterhead (after spending 2 days at ANESFHS in Aberdeen). I was looking for my Robertson ancestors prior to about 1822. I found two items which may be of interest.> 1. The Record Office in Peterhead has five binders listing who is buried where in St Peters Old Churchyard Cemetery. One of the books is an alphabetical cross index to the other four books, each of which are organized by Lair number. As six bodies may be buried within a lair, and because most of the records were pretty complete, you can get dates and names directly from the entries. Offspring are often identified so family relationships are often easy to decipher. I believe you must make a personal appearance to look at these records, and a modest fee is charged for the effort.> 2. While at ANESFHS, I met a Mary Robertson, who told me of her work to record tombstones, both at St Peters Old Churchyard Cemetery, and also at Constitution Street Cemetery. After some subsequent correspondence, Mary has sent me four CDs which record in both text and pictures ALL the monumental inscriptions found at those two cemeteries. With the search abilities of MS Word, family trees just come 'bouncing out' of the data! Mary has not yet confirmed to me she is organized to sell the CDs. So, if you are interested, please email me, and I will pass your email on to her for her attention.> > > Sincerely,> Ian Robertson> Ian D Robertson Inc> Delta, BC, Canada> V4M 2K3> Tel: 604-943-3715> fax:604-943-7391> email: HYPERLINK "mailto:idr@..."idr@...> web: HYPERLINK "http://www.robertsoninc.ca/"www.robertsoninc.ca> > > > > No virus found in this outgoing message.> Checked by AVG Free Edition. > Version: 7.5.503 / Virus Database: 269.16.7/1151 - Release Date: 11/25/2007 4:24 PM> > > > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]>

          • Margaret Hector
            Message 5 of 25 , Nov 27, 2007
              Hi Ian and all
              I, too would be very interested in the Cemetery records at Peterhead.
              Cheers
              Margaret

            • Anne Geddes
              Message 6 of 25 , Nov 28, 2007
                Message for Ian Robertson

                I too would be interested in CDs of Peterhead MIs

                Cheers

                Anne Geddes

                email: HYPERLINK "mailto:idr@robertsoninc. ca"idr@robertsoninc. ca
                web: HYPERLINK "http://www.robertso ninc.ca/"www.robertsoninc. ca

                Checked by AVG Free Edition.

              • Jen Wilson
                Message 7 of 25 , Nov 28, 2007
                  Ian,

                  Please can I be included on this list too. Do you need any more details or will this email do the trick?

                  Thanks,

                  Jen

                  Message 8 of 25 , Nov 28, 2007
                    Could Mary Robertson not perhaps be persuaded to post to everyone on the list when the CDs become available and what the cost would be?

                    Ideally, could there be extracted from them an index of names so that people buying will at least know they have some prospect of finding who they might be interested in?

                    Steve

                      Message 10 of 25 , Nov 28, 2007
                        I too would be interested in obtaining copies of these CDs. A
                        suggestion -
                        since you say you are not sure if Mary Robertson is organised to sell
                        them -
                        could ANESFHS be asked to undertake this? They already distribute
                        monumental inscriptions from other cemeteries. I do hope that the CDs
                        can be made available soon.

                        Mary Barnes
                        marysb@...

                        On 27/11/2007, at 5:29 AM, Ian Robertson wrote:
                        > Greeting to those interested in this topic.
                        >
                        > Last spring I visited Peterhead (after spending 2 days at ANESFHS
                        > in Aberdeen). I was looking for my Robertson ancestors prior to
                        > about 1822. I found two items which may be of interest.
                        > 1. The Record Office in Peterhead has five binders listing who is
                        > buried where in St Peters Old Churchyard Cemetery. One of the books
                        > is an alphabetical cross index to the other four books, each of
                        > which are organized by Lair number. As six bodies may be buried
                        > within a lair, and because most of the records were pretty
                        > complete, you can get dates and names directly from the entries.
                        > Offspring are often identified so family relationships are often
                        > easy to decipher. I believe you must make a personal appearance to
                        > look at these records, and a modest fee is charged for the effort.
                        > 2. While at ANESFHS, I met a Mary Robertson, who told me of her
                        > work to record tombstones, both at St Peters Old Churchyard
                        > Cemetery, and also at Constitution Street Cemetery. After some
                        > subsequent correspondence, Mary has sent me four CDs which record
                        > in both text and pictures ALL the monumental inscriptions found at
                        > those two cemeteries. With the search abilities of MS Word, family
                        > trees just come 'bouncing out' of the data! Mary has not yet
                        > confirmed to me she is organized to sell the CDs. So, if you are
                        > interested, please email me, and I will pass your email on to her
                        > for her attention.
                        >

                        > Sincerely,
                        > Ian Robertson
                        > Ian D Robertson Inc
                        > Delta, BC, Canada
                        > V4M 2K3
                        > Tel: 604-943-3715
                        > fax:604-943-7391
                        > email: HYPERLINK "mailto:idr@..."idr@...
                        > web: HYPERLINK "http://www.robertsoninc.ca/"www.robertsoninc.ca

                        > Checked by AVG Free Edition.
                        > 11/25/2007 4:24 PM

                        Mary Barnes
                        marysb@...

                      • Ed Campbell
                        Message 11 of 25 , Nov 28, 2007
                          Hello Ian:

                          I would appreciate being added to the list to obtain the CDs.

                          I can provide more info re my Robertson including Mary McKinnon Robertson
                          who died 1938 in Peterhead. I wonder if the Mary you mentioned could be
                          related?

                          Many thanks,

                          Ed. Campbell

                          email: HYPERLINK "mailto:idr@... <mailto:idr%40robertsoninc.ca>
                          "idr@... <mailto:idr%40robertsoninc.ca>
                          web: HYPERLINK "http://www.robertsoninc.ca/"www.robertsoninc.ca

                          Checked by AVG Free Edition.
                          4:24 PM

                        • Brenda Sleight
                          Message 12 of 25 , Nov 30, 2007
                            Greetings Ian, I too would be interested in the CD's of Mary Roberston

                            Regards
                            Bren

                            To: Peterhead@yahoogroups.comFrom: pmwalker@...: Mon, 26 Nov 2007 17:16:27 -0800Subject: RE: [Peterhead] Cemetery Records at Peterhead

                            Hello IanI too would like to get the CD's if Mary Robertson has them available tosell. Thanks for the information.Pat WalkerNew Westminster BCTel 604-540-8952From: Peterhead@yahoogroups.com [mailto:Peterhead@yahoogroups.com] On BehalfOf Ian RobertsonSent: Monday, November 26, 2007 10:29 AMTo: Peterhead@yahoogroups.comSubject: [Peterhead] Cemetery Records at PeterheadGreeting to those interested in this topic.Last spring I visited Peterhead (after spending 2 days at ANESFHS inAberdeen). I was looking for my Robertson ancestors prior to about 1822. Ifound two items which may be of interest.1. The Record Office in Peterhead has five binders listing who is buriedwhere in St Peters Old Churchyard Cemetery. One of the books is analphabetical cross index to the other four books, each of which areorganized by Lair number. As six bodies may be buried within a lair, andbecause most of the records were pretty complete, you can get dates andnames directly from the entries. Offspring are often identified so familyrelationships are often easy to decipher. I believe you must make a personalappearance to look at these records, and a modest fee is charged for theeffort.2. While at ANESFHS, I met a Mary Robertson, who told me of her work torecord tombstones, both at St Peters Old Churchyard Cemetery, and also atConstitution Street Cemetery. After some subsequent correspondence, Mary hassent me four CDs which record in both text and pictures ALL the monumentalinscriptions found at those two cemeteries. With the search abilities of MSWord, family trees just come 'bouncing out' of the data! Mary has not yetconfirmed to me she is organized to sell the CDs. So, if you are interested,please email me, and I will pass your email on to her for her attention.Sincerely,Ian RobertsonIan D Robertson IncDelta, BC, CanadaV4M 2K3Tel: 604-943-3715fax:604-943-7391email: HYPERLINK "mailto:idr@robertsoninc. <mailto:idr%40robertsoninc.ca>ca"idr@robertsoninc. <mailto:idr%40robertsoninc.ca> caweb: HYPERLINK "http://www.robertso <http://www.robertsoninc.ca/>ninc.ca/"www.robertsoninc.caNo virus found in this outgoing message.Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.503 / Virus Database: 269.16.7/1151 - Release Date: 11/25/20074:24 PM[Non-text portions of this message have been removed][Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

                          • Ken May
                            Message 13 of 25 , Nov 30, 2007
                              Dear All,

                              I too would like to be added to the list, but the cost of sending a large number of CDs around the world would be prohibitive.

                              It might be possible to send one CD to each region, then rely on someone there to copy and distribute locally, keeping the costs to a minimum?

                              Regards

                              Ken

                              Message 14 of 25 , Dec 1, 2007
                                May I please be included for the CD. I live in Arizona(in the winter) &
                                Washington State(in the summer) and would be happy to make copies of the CD
                                to send to others in the US, if this would be of any help.

                                I too, have quite a few Robertson's from Peterhead as well as other surnames
                                and would be happy to share what I do have.

                                Regards

                                DeLories

                                www.tribalpages.com/tribes/cheyne

                              • maymyo25
                                Message 15 of 25 , Jan 7, 2008
                                  Ian,

                                  Would you please add my name to the list of people interested in
                                  purchasing the Peterhead cemetery CD's. I did manage to get to
                                  Peterhead this year but could only stay a day. I did find one grave I
                                  was looking for with information provided by the Registrar (alas, no
                                  headstone) but need more information about the rest of the family
                                  burials.

                                  Many thanks,
                                  Elizabeth Robertson

                                  --- In Peterhead@yahoogroups.com, "Ian Robertson" <idr@...> wrote:

                                  > Greeting to those interested in this topic.
                                  >
                                  > Last spring I visited Peterhead (after spending 2 days at ANESFHS
                                  in Aberdeen). I was looking for my Robertson ancestors prior to about
                                  1822. I found two items which may be of interest.
                                  > 1. The Record Office in Peterhead has five binders listing who is
                                  buried where in St Peters Old Churchyard Cemetery. One of the books
                                  is an alphabetical cross index to the other four books, each of which
                                  are organized by Lair number. As six bodies may be buried within a
                                  lair, and because most of the records were pretty complete, you can
                                  get dates and names directly from the entries. Offspring are often
                                  identified so family relationships are often easy to decipher. I
                                  believe you must make a personal appearance to look at these records,
                                  and a modest fee is charged for the effort.
                                  > 2. While at ANESFHS, I met a Mary Robertson, who told me of her
                                  work to record tombstones, both at St Peters Old Churchyard Cemetery,
                                  and also at Constitution Street Cemetery. After some subsequent
                                  correspondence, Mary has sent me four CDs which record in both text
                                  and pictures ALL the monumental inscriptions found at those two
                                  cemeteries. With the search abilities of MS Word, family trees just
                                  come 'bouncing out' of the data! Mary has not yet confirmed to me
                                  she is organized to sell the CDs. So, if you are interested, please
                                  email me, and I will pass your email on to her for her attention.

                                  > Sincerely,
                                  > Ian Robertson
                                  > Ian D Robertson Inc
                                  > Delta, BC, Canada
                                  > V4M 2K3
                                  > Tel: 604-943-3715
                                  > fax:604-943-7391
                                  > email: HYPERLINK "mailto:idr@..."idr@...
                                  > web: HYPERLINK "http://www.robertsoninc.ca/"www.robertsoninc.ca

                                  > Checked by AVG Free Edition.
                                  11/25/2007 4:24 PM

                                • haworth.jill
                                  Message 16 of 25 , Jan 7, 2008
                                    Hello Ian: I would be interested in obtaining the CD's that you
                                    are referring to, with regards to St. Peters Old Churchyard Cemetery
                                    and Constitution Street Cemetery. Please let me know when they are
                                    available.
                                    Thank-you,
                                    Jill Haworth

                                    --- In Peterhead@yahoogroups.com, "Ian Robertson" <idr@...> wrote:

                                    > Greeting to those interested in this topic.
                                    >
                                    > Last spring I visited Peterhead (after spending 2 days at ANESFHS
                                    in Aberdeen). I was looking for my Robertson ancestors prior to about
                                    1822. I found two items which may be of interest.
                                    > 1. The Record Office in Peterhead has five binders listing who is
                                    buried where in St Peters Old Churchyard Cemetery. One of the books
                                    is an alphabetical cross index to the other four books, each of which
                                    are organized by Lair number. As six bodies may be buried within a
                                    lair, and because most of the records were pretty complete, you can
                                    get dates and names directly from the entries. Offspring are often
                                    identified so family relationships are often easy to decipher. I
                                    believe you must make a personal appearance to look at these records,
                                    and a modest fee is charged for the effort.
                                    > 2. While at ANESFHS, I met a Mary Robertson, who told me of her
                                    work to record tombstones, both at St Peters Old Churchyard Cemetery,
                                    and also at Constitution Street Cemetery. After some subsequent
                                    correspondence, Mary has sent me four CDs which record in both text
                                    and pictures ALL the monumental inscriptions found at those two
                                    cemeteries. With the search abilities of MS Word, family trees just
                                    come 'bouncing out' of the data! Mary has not yet confirmed to me
                                    she is organized to sell the CDs. So, if you are interested, please
                                    email me, and I will pass your email on to her for her attention.

                                    > Sincerely,
                                    > Ian Robertson
                                    > Ian D Robertson Inc
                                    > Delta, BC, Canada
                                    > V4M 2K3
                                    > Tel: 604-943-3715
                                    > fax:604-943-7391
                                    > email: HYPERLINK "mailto:idr@..."idr@...
                                    > web: HYPERLINK "http://www.robertsoninc.ca/"www.robertsoninc.ca

                                    > Checked by AVG Free Edition.
                                    11/25/2007 4:24 PM

                                  • haworth.jill
                                    Message 17 of 25 , Jan 7, 2008
                                      Hello Ian: I would be interested in obtaining the CD's that you
                                      are referring to, with regards to St. Peters Old Churchyard Cemetery
                                      and Constitution Street Cemetery. Please let me know when they are
                                      available.
                                      Thank-you,
                                      Jill Haworth

                                      --- In Peterhead@yahoogroups.com, "Ian Robertson" <idr@...> wrote:

                                      > Greeting to those interested in this topic.
                                      >
                                      > Last spring I visited Peterhead (after spending 2 days at ANESFHS
                                      in Aberdeen). I was looking for my Robertson ancestors prior to about
                                      1822. I found two items which may be of interest.
                                      > 1. The Record Office in Peterhead has five binders listing who is
                                      buried where in St Peters Old Churchyard Cemetery. One of the books
                                      is an alphabetical cross index to the other four books, each of which
                                      are organized by Lair number. As six bodies may be buried within a
                                      lair, and because most of the records were pretty complete, you can
                                      get dates and names directly from the entries. Offspring are often
                                      identified so family relationships are often easy to decipher. I
                                      believe you must make a personal appearance to look at these records,
                                      and a modest fee is charged for the effort.
                                      > 2. While at ANESFHS, I met a Mary Robertson, who told me of her
                                      work to record tombstones, both at St Peters Old Churchyard Cemetery,
                                      and also at Constitution Street Cemetery. After some subsequent
                                      correspondence, Mary has sent me four CDs which record in both text
                                      and pictures ALL the monumental inscriptions found at those two
                                      cemeteries. With the search abilities of MS Word, family trees just
                                      come 'bouncing out' of the data! Mary has not yet confirmed to me
                                      she is organized to sell the CDs. So, if you are interested, please
                                      email me, and I will pass your email on to her for her attention.

                                      > Sincerely,
                                      > Ian Robertson
                                      > Ian D Robertson Inc
                                      > Delta, BC, Canada
                                      > V4M 2K3
                                      > Tel: 604-943-3715
                                      > fax:604-943-7391
                                      > email: HYPERLINK "mailto:idr@..."idr@...
                                      > web: HYPERLINK "http://www.robertsoninc.ca/"www.robertsoninc.ca

                                      > Checked by AVG Free Edition.
                                      11/25/2007 4:24 PM

                                    • DeLories (De)
                                      Message 18 of 25 , Jan 8, 2008
                                        I, like so many, would be interested in the CD's. Let me know how much and
                                        where I send the money.

                                        I, also, have Robertson's in out Peterhead line as well as many Peterhead
                                        ancestors and also from the surrounding areas.

                                        Thank you

                                        DeLories

                                      • Gweneth Myers
                                        Message 19 of 25 , Jan 8, 2008
                                          G'day Ian
                                          Seems like the CD is going to be a sell out before itis released. Congratulations! Would you please add me to your list as well.
                                          Thanks heaps,
                                          Gwen Myers.

                                          Hello Ian: I would be interested in obtaining the CD's that you
                                          are referring to, with regards to St. Peters Old Churchyard Cemetery
                                          and Constitution Street Cemetery. Please let me know when they are
                                          available.
                                          Thank-you,
                                          Jill Haworth

                                          --- In Peterhead@yahoogrou ps.com, "Ian Robertson" <idr@...> wrote:

                                          > Greeting to those interested in this topic.
                                          >
                                          > Last spring I visited Peterhead (after spending 2 days at ANESFHS
                                          in Aberdeen). I was looking for my Robertson ancestors prior to about
                                          1822. I found two items which may be of interest.
                                          > 1. The Record Office in Peterhead has five binders listing who is
                                          buried where in St Peters Old Churchyard Cemetery. One of the books
                                          is an alphabetical cross index to the other four books, each of which
                                          are organized by Lair number. As six bodies may be buried within a
                                          lair, and because most of the records were pretty complete, you can
                                          get dates and names directly from the entries. Offspring are often
                                          identified so family relationships are often easy to decipher. I
                                          believe you must make a personal appearance to look at these records,
                                          and a modest fee is charged for the effort.
                                          > 2. While at ANESFHS, I met a Mary Robertson, who told me of her
                                          work to record tombstones, both at St Peters Old Churchyard Cemetery,
                                          and also at Constitution Street Cemetery. After some subsequent
                                          correspondence, Mary has sent me four CDs which record in both text
                                          and pictures ALL the monumental inscriptions found at those two
                                          cemeteries. With the search abilities of MS Word, family trees just
                                          come 'bouncing out' of the data! Mary has not yet confirmed to me
                                          she is organized to sell the CDs. So, if you are interested, please
                                          email me, and I will pass your email on to her for her attention.

                                          > Sincerely,
                                          > Ian Robertson
                                          > Ian D Robertson Inc
                                          > Delta, BC, Canada
                                          > V4M 2K3
                                          > Tel: 604-943-3715
                                          > fax:604-943- 7391
                                          > email: HYPERLINK "mailto:idr@ ..."idr@. ..
                                          > web: HYPERLINK "http://www.robertso ninc.ca/"www.robertsoninc. ca

                                          > Checked by AVG Free Edition.
                                          11/25/2007 4:24 PM

                                        • Ian Robertson
                                          Message 20 of 25 , Jan 9, 2008
                                            Greetings to all interested in Peterhead Cemetery Records (and there are dozens of you).

                                            Since I first posted my message back in November I have heard from over 30 people. I have also been able to get in contact with the author (with whom I had lost contact temporarily). Initially it was agreed that I would make copies and sell from Canada. Then just after Christmas I received word that a new genealogy group was being set up in Peterhead. It will include a person knowledgeable in IT, and that they would like to make and distribute copies themselves. This is the wish of the author.

                                            So for now I would ask everyone to be a bit patient, to wait for a note on this discussion group, and then for you to make your request known to them.

                                            As I understand it, the Old Churchyard is a 'finished product', but Mary Robertson wants to do some more work on the Constitution St Cemetery - so I am not sure of its distribution status.

                                            Sincerely,
                                            Ian Robertson
                                            864 Pacific Dr
                                            Delta, BC, Canada
                                            V4M 2K3
                                            Tel: 604-943-3715
                                            fax:604-943-7391
                                            email: HYPERLINK "mailto:idr@..."idr@...
                                            web: HYPERLINK "http://www.robertsoninc.ca/"www.robertsoninc.ca

                                            Checked by AVG Free Edition.

                                          • kathytrevelyan
                                            Message 21 of 25 , Jan 13, 2008
                                              I'd like a CD too please!
                                              Kathy

                                              --- In Peterhead@yahoogroups.com, Gweneth Myers <gwenethmyers@...>
                                              wrote:

                                              > G'day Ian
                                              > Seems like the CD is going to be a sell out before itis released.
                                              Congratulations! Would you please add me to your list as well.
                                              > Thanks heaps,
                                              > Gwen Myers.

                                            • kathytrevelyan
                                              Message 22 of 25 , Jan 13, 2008

                                                wrote:

                                                > G'day Ian
                                                > Seems like the CD is going to be a sell out before itis released.
                                                Congratulations! Would you please add me to your list as well.
                                                > Thanks heaps,
                                                > Gwen Myers.

                                              • traceclip
                                                Message 23 of 25 , Jan 13, 2008
                                                  Thank you Ian for posting this information. I am among the interested
                                                  parties who have not yet registered an interest with you, and will
                                                  keep an eye on the forum to see when this becomes available.

                                                  --- In Peterhead@yahoogroups.com, "Ian Robertson" <idr@...> wrote:

                                                  > Greetings to all interested in Peterhead Cemetery Records (and there
                                                  are dozens of you).

                                                  > Since I first posted my message back in November I have heard from
                                                  over 30 people. I have also been able to get in contact with the
                                                  author (with whom I had lost contact temporarily). Initially it was
                                                  agreed that I would make copies and sell from Canada. Then just after
                                                  Christmas I received word that a new genealogy group was being set up
                                                  in Peterhead. It will include a person knowledgeable in IT, and that
                                                  they would like to make and distribute copies themselves. This is the
                                                  wish of the author.

                                                  > So for now I would ask everyone to be a bit patient, to wait for a
                                                  note on this discussion group, and then for you to make your request
                                                  known to them.

                                                  > As I understand it, the Old Churchyard is a 'finished product', but
                                                  Mary Robertson wants to do some more work on the Constitution St
                                                  Cemetery - so I am not sure of its distribution status.

                                                  > Sincerely,
                                                  > Ian Robertson
                                                  > 864 Pacific Dr
                                                  > Delta, BC, Canada