Re: [SPAM] [Peterhead] Slesser Family

  • Cci
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 22, 2007
      Hi Jill,
      I could'nt find anything about Alexander Slessor at Ancestry, but found this;

      Robert Slessor, Seaman in Peterhead a dau Mary Ann
      born 2 Oct 1842 bap 23 Oct 1842
      before William Robb and David Craig

      Robert Slessor, Seaman in Peterhead a dau Jean
      born 1 Oct 1839 bap 11 Oct 1839
      before John Lawson and James Hutchison

      Robert Slessor, Seaman in Peterhead a son Thomas
      bap 28 Feb 1836
      before John Lawson and David Craig

      John Slessor, Cooper in Peterhead and Isabella Divral
      his wife a son William born 13 Aug 1851 bap 28 Aug 1851
      before William Divral and George Slessor

      John Slessor, Cooper in Peterhead and Isabella Divral
      his wife a son John born 6 Dec 1845 bap 18 Dec 1845
      before William and James Divral

      If these are your George and John Slessor's I can follow them through
      the census's if you don't have access to them.
      Catherine

      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 30, 2007
        --- In Peterhead@yahoogroups.com, "Cci" <cci@...> wrote:
        >Hello Catherine:
        Yes, I would be interested if you could follow John and George
        Slessor through the census. John Slessor is my great-great
        grandfather (William is my great-grandfather).
        Thank-you,
        Jill

        > Hi Jill,
        > I could'nt find anything about Alexander Slessor at Ancestry, but
        found this;

        > Robert Slessor, Seaman in Peterhead a dau Mary Ann
        > born 2 Oct 1842 bap 23 Oct 1842
        > before William Robb and David Craig
        >
        > Robert Slessor, Seaman in Peterhead a dau Jean
        > born 1 Oct 1839 bap 11 Oct 1839
        > before John Lawson and James Hutchison
        >
        > Robert Slessor, Seaman in Peterhead a son Thomas
        > bap 28 Feb 1836
        > before John Lawson and David Craig
        >
        > John Slessor, Cooper in Peterhead and Isabella Divral
        > his wife a son William born 13 Aug 1851 bap 28 Aug 1851
        > before William Divral and George Slessor
        >
        > John Slessor, Cooper in Peterhead and Isabella Divral
        > his wife a son John born 6 Dec 1845 bap 18 Dec 1845
        > before William and James Divral
        >
        > If these are your George and John Slessor's I can follow them
        through
        > the census's if you don't have access to them.
        > Catherine

        11/22/2007 6:55 PM

      • Cci
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 30, 2007
          Hi Jill,
          I also followed throught the census' Thomas Slessor who was 4 on the 1841 census.
          It's very easy to follow the male line, I hope you don't mind me doing that.
          I'll start with John Slessor another night.

          Robert Slessor/Slesser

          1841
          St Peters, Eastside, Peterhead
          Robert Slessor, head, mar, 26, Seaman, brn Aberdeenshire
          Ann Slessor, wife, mar, 20, brn Aberdeenshire
          Thomas Slessor, son, 4, brn Aberdeenshire
          Jean Slessor, dau, 1, brn Aberdeenshire

          1851
          Maiden Lane, Peterhead
          Ann Slesser, wife of head, 33, Seamans wife, brn Strichen
          Thomas Slesser, son, 13, brn Strichen
          Mary Ann Slesser, dau, 7, scholar, brn Peterhead
          Isabella Slesser, dau, 1, brn Peterhead

          1861
          21/1 Backgate Street, Peterhead
          Ann Slessor, head, mar, 44, Seamans wife, (M.S.) brn Strichen
          Jean Slessor, dau, 22, Domestic serv, brn Peterhead
          Robert Slessor, son, 7, brn Peterhead

          1871
          8 Porthenry Lane, Peterhead
          Robert Slessor, head, mar, 55, Pilot, brn Cruden
          Ann Slessor, wife, mar, 58, brn Strichen
          Mary Ann Slessor, dau, 29, Dealer in fish, brn Peterhead
          Robert Slessor, grandson, 6, scholar, brn Peterhead
          Ann Selssor, granddau, 1, brn Peterhead

          1871
          Porthenry Lane, Peterhead
          Thomas Slessor, head, mar, 36, Pilot, brn Peterhead
          Ellen Slessor, wife, mar, 30, brn Peterhead
          Thomas Lawrence, neice, 7, scholar, brn Peterhead
          Robert Selssor, brother, 18, fisherman, brn Peterhead

          1881
          26a Seagate Street, Peterhead
          Robert Slessor, head, mar, 61, Pilot, brn Peterhead
          Ann Slessor, wife, mar, 65, brn Strichen
          Mary Ann Slessor, dau, 39, brn Peterhead
          Thomas Lawrence, grandson, 16, Plasterer, brn Peterhead
          Robert Slessor, grandson, 14, Carter, brn Peterhead (mother Mary Ann Slessor)
          George Masson, grandson, 7, scholar, brn Peterhead (mother Mary Ann Slessor)
          Jane Slessor, granddau, 3, brn Peterhead
          Isabella Slessor, granddau, 6 months, brn Peterhead

          1881
          20 Seagate Street, Peterhead
          Thomas Slessor, head, mar, 42, Pilot, brn Peterhead
          Helen Slessor, wife, mar, 40, brn Strichen
          Helen Slessor, neice, 11, scholar, brn Peterhead
          Ann Watt, mother in law, 63, brn Strichen

          1891
          26 Longate Street, Peterhead
          Thomas Slesser, head, mar, 56, Pilot, brn Cruden
          Helen Slesser, wife, mar, 51, brn Cruden
          Ann Hall Forbes, neice, 2, brn Cruden

          1901
          88b Longate Street, Peterhead
          Thomas Slessor, head, mar, 63, Pilot, brn Peterhead
          Helen Slesser, wife, mar, 63, brn Peterhead
          Ann Wilson Slesser, adopted dau, 12, scholar, brn Peterhead

          Yes, I would be interested if you could follow John and George
          Slessor through the census. John Slessor is my great-great
          grandfather (William is my great-grandfather).
          Thank-you,
          Jill

          > Hi Jill,
          > I could'nt find anything about Alexander Slessor at Ancestry, but
          found this;

          > Robert Slessor, Seaman in Peterhead a dau Mary Ann
          > born 2 Oct 1842 bap 23 Oct 1842
          > before William Robb and David Craig
          >
          > Robert Slessor, Seaman in Peterhead a dau Jean
          > born 1 Oct 1839 bap 11 Oct 1839
          > before John Lawson and James Hutchison
          >
          > Robert Slessor, Seaman in Peterhead a son Thomas
          > bap 28 Feb 1836
          > before John Lawson and David Craig
          >
          > John Slessor, Cooper in Peterhead and Isabella Divral
          > his wife a son William born 13 Aug 1851 bap 28 Aug 1851
          > before William Divral and George Slessor
          >
          > John Slessor, Cooper in Peterhead and Isabella Divral
          > his wife a son John born 6 Dec 1845 bap 18 Dec 1845
          > before William and James Divral
          >
          > If these are your George and John Slessor's I can follow them
          through
          > the census's if you don't have access to them.
          > Catherine

          11/22/2007 6:55 PM

        • Cci
          Message 4 of 8 , Dec 1, 2007
            Hi Jill,
            This is John Slessor.

            1841
            Errol Street, Peterhead
            John Slessor, head, 20, Seaman, brn Peterhead
            1841
            Queen Street, Peterhead
            Jamaica Street, Peterhead
            Isabella Deverall, 29, Female servant, brn Peterhead
            Mary Robertson, head, 70, Independant, brn Peterhead
            Margaret Bogie, 23, Female servant brn Peterhead

            1851
            Queen Street, Peterhead
            John Slessor, head mar, 35, Cooper, brn Peterhead
            Isbella Slessor, wife, mar, 41, brn Peterhead
            John Slessor, son, 5, scholar, brn Peterhead

            1861
            21 Castle Street, Peterhead
            Isabella Slessor, head, 37, brn Peterhead
            John Slessor, son, 15, Cabinet maker journeyman, brn Peterhead
            William Slessor, son, 9, scholar, brn Peterhead

            Could'nt find John Slessor on the 1861 census.

            1871
            22/2 Keith Street, Peterhead
            John Slessor, head, mar, 54, Cooper, brn Peterhead
            Isabella Slessor, wife, mar, 60, brn Peterhead
            William Slessor, son, 19, Ship ??, brn Peterhead
            James Davidson, 20, boarder, Draper, brn Cruden

            1881
            9 Queen Street, Peterhead
            Isabella Slessor, head, 71, Formerly domestic servant, brn Peterhead
            William Slessor, head, mar, 29, Harbour contractors clerk, brn Peterhead
            Jane Slessor, wife, mar, 27, brn Peterhead
            Annabella Slessor, dau, 2, brn Peterhead
            Eliza Jane Slessor, dau, 1, brn Peterhead

            1891
            69 Queen Street, Peterhead
            Jane Slessor, head, 37, Bookseller, brn Peterhead
            Annabella Slessor, dau, 12, scholar, brn Peterhead
            Sophia J Slessor, dau, 11, scholar, brn Peterhead
            Maggie S Slessor, dau, 9, scholar, brn Peterhead
            Alexandrina Slessor, dau, 7, scholar, brn Peterhead
            Jane Ann Thom, 14, Domestic servant, brn Peterhead

            1901
            22 Queen Street, Peterhead
            Jane Slessor, head, 49, Bookseller, brn Peterhead
            Maggie S Slessor, dau, 19, Post office asst, brn Peterhead
            Alexandrina Slessor, dau, 17, Mothers help, brn Peterhead

            Yes, I would be interested if you could follow John and George
            Slessor through the census. John Slessor is my great-great
            grandfather (William is my great-grandfather).
            Thank-you,
            Jill

            > Hi Jill,
            > I could'nt find anything about Alexander Slessor at Ancestry, but
            found this;

            > Robert Slessor, Seaman in Peterhead a dau Mary Ann
            > born 2 Oct 1842 bap 23 Oct 1842
            > before William Robb and David Craig
            >
            > Robert Slessor, Seaman in Peterhead a dau Jean
            > born 1 Oct 1839 bap 11 Oct 1839
            > before John Lawson and James Hutchison
            >
            > Robert Slessor, Seaman in Peterhead a son Thomas
            > bap 28 Feb 1836
            > before John Lawson and David Craig
            >
            > John Slessor, Cooper in Peterhead and Isabella Divral
            > his wife a son William born 13 Aug 1851 bap 28 Aug 1851
            > before William Divral and George Slessor
            >
            > John Slessor, Cooper in Peterhead and Isabella Divral
            > his wife a son John born 6 Dec 1845 bap 18 Dec 1845
            > before William and James Divral
            >
            > If these are your George and John Slessor's I can follow them
            through
            > the census's if you don't have access to them.
            > Catherine

            11/22/2007 6:55 PM

          • Betty Holmes
            Message 5 of 8 , Dec 1, 2007
              I also have connections to the SLESSOR Family in Peterhead.

              As already mentioned-Isabella DIVERALL b 1809 married JOHN SLESSOR in 1843.
              Isabella Diverall - was the son of William Diverall & Isabella Mitchell.
              I have followed this tree for a few Generations. My Husband's Grandfather's mother was a Diverall.
              If you would like more information please ask.
              Betty Holmes.

            • haworth.jill
              Message 6 of 8 , Dec 2, 2007
                --- In Peterhead@yahoogroups.com, "Cci" <cci@...> wrote:
                Hi Catherine: Thank-you for your valuable information. You have
                been very helpful. Would it be possible for you to check the 1841
                and 1851 census for George Slessor (John Slessor's brother)? I know
                he died in 1856 but I'm still hoping to find some link to their
                parents Alexander Slessor and Mary McKay.
                Regards,
                Jill

                Date:
                > 11/22/2007 6:55 PM

                11/30/2007 9:26 PM

              • haworth.jill
                Message 7 of 8 , Dec 2, 2007

                  Date:
                  > 11/22/2007 6:55 PM

                  11/30/2007 9:26 PM

                • Cci
                  Message 8 of 8 , Dec 2, 2007
                    Hi Jill,
                    If you ever need to see anything on the 1841 and 1851 census for Peterhead there is the FreeCen site.

                    1841
                    Errol Street, Northside, Peterhead
                    George Slessor, head, mar, 30, Shoemaker journeyman, brn Aberdeenshire
                    Elisabeth Slessor, wife, mar, 25, brn Aberdeenshire

                    1851
                    Errol Street, Peterhead
                    George Slessor, head, mar, 44, Shoemaker, brn Peterhead
                    Elisabeth Slessor, wife, mar, 38, brn Fraserburgh

                    1861
                    Elisabeth Slesser, head, 45, Boarding house keeper, brn Fraserburgh
                    Alexander Buchan, boarder, 28, Turner journeyman, brn Fraserburgh

                    Did'nt see Elisabeth/Elizabeth on the 1871.

                    If you need any more help please don't hesitate to ask.
                    Best wishes,
                    Catherine

                    Date:
                    > 11/22/2007 6:55 PM