Re: [Peterhead] McRoberts/Miller/Murray

  • M La Rooij
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 21, 2007
      Sorry to be so long but couldn't find notes. Not that I have anything really. Robert MILLER was a witness to many christenings of John & Jean MURRAY's children in Peterhead. If he was married to a Barbara she was most likely Barbara chr 14 Dec 1760 Keithhall & Kinkell, Aberdeen, the dau of James MURRAY & Jane TAPP. they were married in 1746 there. I can't be positive though, there is not a lot of evidence, & as you say, his wife may not have been Barbara. These army people are so hard to trace. Were Elspeth & Mary Anne born in Aberdeen?
      Army records are held at National Archives (England), put A2A in your search engine..you can search the catalogue online & also buy any records you find. However army records are hit & miss as they seem to be only discharge records. You might be lucky as he was discharged since alive at 60 & a Pensioner. He would be a Chelsea Pensioner, the pension was paid to their home address, only a few lived at Chelsea. Can you confirm any ages by their deaths?