Re: john johnston master mariner peterhead 1840 - 1860

  • cats2308
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 17, 2007
      Hi Catherine,

      Thx for doing that. I dont know the important things about John
      really, where he was born, who his parents were or his death. I am
      presuming he had a brother as I went onto the scotlands people site you
      told me about and he was living with an alexander johnston in the 1841
      census and they were both seamen apprentices. I think that his seamens
      records are where I will find the information I need but it is just
      knowing where to start. I had a look at the mariners msg board you
      mentioned too and will give that a try.

      Regards
      Carol
    • rachaeldmcd
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 19
        I realise this is a very old thread, but I think this is their daughter, Mary McKinnon, nee Johnston, who died in 1871 at Port Chalmers in New Zealand.  She died in 1871.  Her husband, Andrew, was also from Peterhead.

        I found her death through a Death Notice on Trove.