RE: [Peterhead] Fishing in Peterhead

  • Henderson, Roy
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 12, 2007
      Welcome to the group!

      Can you give some indication of the period the Silver Hope was sailing?
      Also, if you happen to know, its registration number?

      I'm assuming it sailed from Peterhead by the way?

      That may help in tracing any photos which may exist ...

      ________________________________

      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 12, 2007
        --- In Peterhead@yahoogroups.com, "Henderson, Roy" <roy.henderson@...>
        wrote:
        >Sorry I don't know the registration number or when it sailed. I know
        that they had to sweep for mines during the ww2. I only vaguely
        remember him as I was about 4 when he died and that must of been 20
        years ago. He and his wife Elsie lived in Ugie View, Parkhill Road. I
        don't know much else about the boat at all. Sorry !

        > Welcome to the group!
        >

        > Can you give some indication of the period the Silver Hope was sailing?
        > Also, if you happen to know, its registration number?
        >

        > I'm assuming it sailed from Peterhead by the way?
        >

        > That may help in tracing any photos which may exist ...
        >

        > ________________________________

        confidential, and protected from disclosure.
        > This message is intended for the individual or entity addressed
        herein. If you are not the intended recipient,
        > please do not read, copy, use or disclose this communication to
        others. Also please notify the sender by
        > replying to this message, and then delete it from your system. The
        sender totally disclaims, and will not
        > accept, any responsibility or liability for the unauthorized use, or
        the consequences of any unauthorized use,

        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 12, 2007
          No problem - that gives us some clues regarding approximate dates.

          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 12, 2007
            wrote:
            >Hi. I have just discovered it's PD377. There is a photograph in
            Donald Anderson's new book. My other great grandmother lost her
            brothers at sea. I'm not sure the name of the boat but it must have
            been about 60 or 70 years ago.