Fishing in Peterhead

  • linzmorganannabell
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 12, 2007
      Hi all! New member so just getting acquainted. Does anyone know where
      I could get some photos of the Silver Hope (an old fishing boat)? I'd
      love to track some down as I was hoping to get one for a Surprise gift
      for my dad. His grandad was Malaig Strachan and he was one of the
      crew. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    • Henderson, Roy
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 12, 2007
        Welcome to the group!

        Can you give some indication of the period the Silver Hope was sailing?
        Also, if you happen to know, its registration number?

        I'm assuming it sailed from Peterhead by the way?

        That may help in tracing any photos which may exist ...

        ________________________________

        Hi all! New member so just getting acquainted. Does anyone know where
        I could get some photos of the Silver Hope (an old fishing boat)? I'd
        love to track some down as I was hoping to get one for a Surprise gift
        for my dad. His grandad was Malaig Strachan and he was one of the
        crew. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

        CONFIDENTIAL & PRIVILEGED COMMUNICATION

        of this communication or message.

      • linzmorganannabell
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 12, 2007
          --- In Peterhead@yahoogroups.com, "Henderson, Roy" <roy.henderson@...>
          wrote:
          >Sorry I don't know the registration number or when it sailed. I know
          that they had to sweep for mines during the ww2. I only vaguely
          remember him as I was about 4 when he died and that must of been 20
          years ago. He and his wife Elsie lived in Ugie View, Parkhill Road. I
          don't know much else about the boat at all. Sorry !

          > Welcome to the group!
          >

          > Can you give some indication of the period the Silver Hope was sailing?
          > Also, if you happen to know, its registration number?
          >

          > I'm assuming it sailed from Peterhead by the way?
          >

          > That may help in tracing any photos which may exist ...
          >

          > ________________________________

          confidential, and protected from disclosure.
          > This message is intended for the individual or entity addressed
          herein. If you are not the intended recipient,
          > please do not read, copy, use or disclose this communication to
          others. Also please notify the sender by
          > replying to this message, and then delete it from your system. The
          sender totally disclaims, and will not
          > accept, any responsibility or liability for the unauthorized use, or
          the consequences of any unauthorized use,

          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 12, 2007
            No problem - that gives us some clues regarding approximate dates.

            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 12, 2007
              wrote:
              >Hi. I have just discovered it's PD377. There is a photograph in
              Donald Anderson's new book. My other great grandmother lost her
              brothers at sea. I'm not sure the name of the boat but it must have
              been about 60 or 70 years ago.