lost a family after getting 2 mixed up

  • gyphania
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 8, 2007
      ive lost a family william anderson s of andrew anderson and margt gray
      bc 1834 m susan thom i gather shes d of john thom and mary may
      they m in peterhead in 1855 andhad william 1855 patrick j 1857
      isabella skene 1858 eliz duguid 1868 george 1864 thomas 1865 and mary
      1861
      the youngest was born in culsalmond and geo thomas and mary b in fyvie
      the eldest 2 in peterhead
      i think the son wm died in 1856 but cant find the rest of the children
      anyone help pls
      gwen
    • Cci
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 8, 2007
        Gwen,
        Here's a start.
        1861 census
        District Fyvie
        address Cairnhill
        William Anderson, head, mar, 34, Ag labourer, brn Alford Aberdeenshire
        Susan Anderson, wife, mar, 31, brn Old Meldrum
        William Anderson, son, 6, scholar, brn Old Meldrum
        James Anderson, son, 5, scholar, brn Old Meldrum
        Isabella Anderson, dau, 3, brn, Fyvie

        Will send more when I find it,
        Catherine

        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 9, 2007
          1871 census
          Parish Fyvie
          address Cloverycrooke
          William Anderson, head, mar, 44, Farm servant, brn Alford
          Susan Anderson, wife, mar, 43, brn Meldrum
          Mary Anderson, dau, 9, scholar, brn Fyvie
          George Anderson, son, 7, scholar, brn Fyvie
          Thomas Anderson, son, 5, scholar, brn Fyvie

          Parish Melrose, Roxburghshire
          address Parish School House
          Isabella Anderson, 13, General servant, brn Fyvie
          Francis Tocher, head, mar, School master, brn Daviot
          Catherine Tocher, wife, mar, brn Montrose Forfar
          Helen Jane Tocher, dau, 15, brn Melrose
          James Ray Tocher, son, 14, brn Melrose
          Francis Tocher, son, 13, brn Melrose
          George Tocher, son, 9, scholar, brn Melrose
          Mary Hay Tocher, dau, 7, scholar, brn Melrose
          Alexander Willian Tocher, son, 5, scholar, brn Melrose
          Barbara E. Tocher, dau, 3, brn Melrose

          Parish Daviot
          address Whitemire
          James Anderson, 15, Farm servant, brn Meldrum
          James Locher, head, mar, 36, Farmer of 41 acrs emp 1 lab, brn Daviot
          Hellen Locher, wife, mar, 31
          Hellen Locher, dau, 11, scholar,
          James Locher, son, 9, scholar
          Charles Locher, son, 7, scholar
          Margaret Cannon, 15, Servant

          I can't find William on the 1871 census, so if he is dead his death cert will be at Scotlandspeople,
          you can get a copy of it for 6 credits.

          Catherine

          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 9, 2007
            Hi Gwen,

            A bit of a conundrum William Anderson b. c1855

            He shows up in the 1861 census as being 6 years old and born in Old
            Meldrum his brother James being 5 years old and also born in Old
            Meldrum (actual date of birth for james 9/12/1895).

            Looking at James birth register entry it states that there are two boys
            living; most of these entries that I have seen are usually a bit more
            helpful and tell you under the mothers name if the child is 1st 2nd 3rd
            etc. So is James 1 of the 2 living, or are there 2 elder brothers
            including William. I have had a good look but can't find any births
            that meet the criteria!

            Of course its entirely possible that William was a son from a former
            marriage of his father...or illegitimate from Susan, more investigation
            I think.

            Colin Murray

            --- In Peterhead@yahoogroups.com, "gyphania" <thgirwg@...> wrote:

            > ive lost a family william anderson s of andrew anderson and margt
            gray
            > bc 1834 m susan thom i gather shes d of john thom and mary may
            > they m in peterhead in 1855 andhad william 1855 patrick j 1857
            > isabella skene 1858 eliz duguid 1868 george 1864 thomas 1865 and mary
            > 1861
            > the youngest was born in culsalmond and geo thomas and mary b in
            fyvie
            > the eldest 2 in peterhead
            > i think the son wm died in 1856 but cant find the rest of the
            children
            > anyone help pls
            > gwen

          • gyphania
            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 10, 2007
              --- In Peterhead@yahoogroups.com, "Colin Murray" <scuba1@...> wrote:
              >yes colin there is a conundrum there are 2 william anderson and
              susan thom marriages one had son james 1855 who m jane dunn susan
              was born in old meldrum the one im looking for m wm anderson in
              peterhead so i assume she too was born in peterhead
              mix up with 2 families i do know william anderson and susan had son
              wm b 1855 d 1856 and i assume s patrick jamieson as he was too born
              phead then there is other issue born in fyvie not sure if there from
              this family or the other marriage a d isabella d mary d elizabeth
              wish i could unravel any one care to try