Re: [Peterhead] McRoberts/Miller/Murray

  • ** **
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 7, 2007
      HI Marion, I do have her death certificate and it lists Barbara C. Murray as
      mother born Scotland and Robert Mc Robert born England. I don't know how to
      go about looking at the Army records do you? What was the time period for
      this Robert Miller? My Robert was born abt 1781 and Barbara born abt 1790.
      Thank you for your response
      Diane

    • M La Rooij
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 21, 2007
        Hi,
        Sorry to be so long but couldn't find notes. Not that I have anything really. Robert MILLER was a witness to many christenings of John & Jean MURRAY's children in Peterhead. If he was married to a Barbara she was most likely Barbara chr 14 Dec 1760 Keithhall & Kinkell, Aberdeen, the dau of James MURRAY & Jane TAPP. they were married in 1746 there. I can't be positive though, there is not a lot of evidence, & as you say, his wife may not have been Barbara. These army people are so hard to trace. Were Elspeth & Mary Anne born in Aberdeen?
        Army records are held at National Archives (England), put A2A in your search engine..you can search the catalogue online & also buy any records you find. However army records are hit & miss as they seem to be only discharge records. You might be lucky as he was discharged since alive at 60 & a Pensioner. He would be a Chelsea Pensioner, the pension was paid to their home address, only a few lived at Chelsea. Can you confirm any ages by their deaths?
        Cheers,
        Marion