Re: [Peterhead] James Robertson, Weaver Peterhead - 1800's

  • M La Rooij
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 2, 2007
      Sounds good Roy.
      Cheers,
      Marion

      ----- Original Message -----
      From: roy_henderson_1955
      To: Peterhead@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Monday, October 01, 2007 11:47 AM
      Subject: [Peterhead] James Robertson, Weaver Peterhead - 1800's

      I am still experimenting with my photography project but felt this
      might be of interest to anyone with a potential connection to James
      Robertson or Elizabeth Jack:

      http://www.peterhead.info/fhr/kirkyard/pmi_r001.html

      I'm working on two main aspects at the moment - firstly what
      information to put on the detail pages and secondly how best to
      organise / index the detail pages to allow information to be found
      quickly and easily.

      My initial thought regarding individual gravestones was to
      photograph fully face-on and then crop out everything around the
      stone - essentially just leaving the inscription. However, I am
      starting to think that it might be nicer to take photographs which
      include some of the background as well to allow the grave to be
      better visualised.

      Regards,

      Roy

    • Ian Robertson
      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 4, 2007
        Last spring I happened to meet a charming woman at the Aberdeen and North East Family History Society offices in Aberdeen. In conversation I learned that she and a friend had totally indexed and photographed the St Peters Old Churchyard and the Constitution Street Cemetery in Peterhead. The result is four CDs complete with the tombstone descriptions and photographs. It's an amazing result and one worth looking at. The authors are Mary Robertson and Helen Keith.

        Since acquiring the CDs, I now load them into the computer and using MS word search, I am easily able to locate every reference to the Robertsons who are buried there!

        Sincerely,
        Ian Robertson
        864 Pacific Dr
        Delta, BC, Canada
        V4M 2K3
        Tel: 604-943-3715
        fax:604-943-7391
        email: HYPERLINK "mailto:idr@..."idr@...
        web: HYPERLINK "http://www.robertsoninc.ca/"www.robertsoninc.ca

        Checked by AVG Free Edition.

      • Henderson, Roy
        Message 3 of 9 , Oct 4, 2007
          That's interesting information Ian! Are the CDs generally available, or
          did you acquire your copy through personal contact with the authors? I'd
          certainly like to take a look at what they contain to see how my efforts
          would best complement what they have already done.

          I know this next question won't sound very objective - but it is
          genuinely meant as objective! How does the quality of their photography
          compare to the Robertson image I posted here a few days ago? I would
          much rather build upon their foundation than repeat the entire exercise

          Roy

          ________________________________

          <mailto:idr%40robertsoninc.ca> "idr@...
          <mailto:idr%40robertsoninc.ca>
          web: HYPERLINK "http://www.robertsoninc.ca/
          <http://www.robertsoninc.ca/> "www.robertsoninc.ca

          Checked by AVG Free Edition.
          10/3/2007 8:22 PM

          CONFIDENTIAL & PRIVILEGED COMMUNICATION

          of this communication or message.

        • Betty
          Message 4 of 9 , Oct 4, 2007
            Hi Ian
            I too would be very interested in the CD's for St. Peters Old Churchyard. I have been trying very hard to find the burial place of my gr. grandfather and other members of the family. I visited the ANEFSH website, and can find no mention of the CD's. Could you advise how you managed to purchase them? It would be greatly appreciated.
            Thank you in advance,
            Elizabeth M

            Message 5 of 9 , Oct 5, 2007
              Elizabeth,

              If you give me some brief details regarding names and approximate dates,
              then I'll have a look next time I'm in the cemetery. I sometimes find
              that when I'm even just walking through and glancing at the stones then
              every now and again a name will ring a bell in my head.

              Regards,

              Roy

              ________________________________

              Message 6 of 9 , Oct 5, 2007
                No problem Elizabeth - I will add these names to my mental checklist for
                my wanders through the graves!

                ________________________________

                <http://www.robertsoninc.ca/>
                <http://www.robertsoninc.ca/ <http://www.robertsoninc.ca/> >
                "www.robertsoninc.ca

                Checked by AVG Free Edition.
                10/3/2007 8:22 PM

                CONFIDENTIAL & PRIVILEGED COMMUNICATION

                The information contained in this message is privileged, confidential,
                and protected from disclosure.
                This message is intended for the individual or entity addressed herein.
                If you are not the intended recipient,
                please do not read, copy, use or disclose this communication to others.
                Also please notify the sender by
                replying to this message, and then delete it from your system. The
                sender totally disclaims, and will not
                accept, any responsibility or liability for the unauthorized use, or the
                consequences of any unauthorized use,

                  Message 8 of 9 , Jan 8, 2008
                    I, like so many, would be interested in the CD's. Let me know how much
                    and
                    where I send the money.
                    regards john