Re: MARTINS

  • Richard Lyon
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 1, 2007
      I spotted the name George Lyon marrying Helen Marion Martin on this
      thread.

      Do you happen to have on record who were George Lyon's parents?

      Many thanks

      Richard

      --- In Peterhead@yahoogroups.com, "ugiepark1" <alex-jean.ritchie@...>
      wrote:

      > For Norma Manson :
      >
      > Hello Again Norma, yes, John Martin (born 1835) died young and was
      > buried in Peterhead in 1837.
      > Other offspring of George Martin/Catherine Hutchison were :
      > William H.Martin (b.1838)
      > Jane Martin (b.1841)
      > Helen Marion Martin (b.1846) married George Lyon in 1866
      > George Brown Martin (b.1852)
      > Sarah Ann Hutchison Martin (b.1854) arried William Taylor in Glasgow
      > 1873.
      >
      > Hope this is of interest..........Alex Ritchie
      >
      > p.s. interesting story about the Napoleonic era. That would be around
      > 1800. Possibly a Hutchison rather than a Martin ?

    • ugiepark1
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 1, 2007
        Hi Richard,
        According to Marion Martin/George Lyon marriage certificate, George
        Lyon's parents were James Lyon (Seaman) & Margaret Ritchie. The
        marriage certificate entry is 168/1 (285). They were married in
        Aberdeen although both resided in Peterhead at the time.

        Alex Ritchie

      • rlyon@beeb.net
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 5, 2007
          Thanks Alex,

          This, as far as I can see, is not a family related to my own,
          but it is geographically close so there may be a more distant
          relationship from the 1700's. I have my 2G grandfather born c
          1826, but nothing on my 3G grandfather except the name James
          Lyon. His wife Barbara Legg(e) remarries in 1828 to George
          Finnie,in Pitsligo, and on her death cert. of the 1870's it
          says previously widow of James Lyon, but other than that
          information have not been able to pin James down.

          Richard