James Robertson, Weaver Peterhead - 1800's

  • roy_henderson_1955
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 30 3:47 PM
      I am still experimenting with my photography project but felt this
      might be of interest to anyone with a potential connection to James
      Robertson or Elizabeth Jack:

      http://www.peterhead.info/fhr/kirkyard/pmi_r001.html

      I'm working on two main aspects at the moment - firstly what
      information to put on the detail pages and secondly how best to
      organise / index the detail pages to allow information to be found
      quickly and easily.

      My initial thought regarding individual gravestones was to
      photograph fully face-on and then crop out everything around the
      stone - essentially just leaving the inscription. However, I am
      starting to think that it might be nicer to take photographs which
      include some of the background as well to allow the grave to be
      better visualised.

      Regards,

      Roy
    • M La Rooij
      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 2, 2007
        Sounds good Roy.
        Cheers,
        Marion

        Message 3 of 9 , Oct 4, 2007
          Last spring I happened to meet a charming woman at the Aberdeen and North East Family History Society offices in Aberdeen. In conversation I learned that she and a friend had totally indexed and photographed the St Peters Old Churchyard and the Constitution Street Cemetery in Peterhead. The result is four CDs complete with the tombstone descriptions and photographs. It's an amazing result and one worth looking at. The authors are Mary Robertson and Helen Keith.

          Since acquiring the CDs, I now load them into the computer and using MS word search, I am easily able to locate every reference to the Robertsons who are buried there!

          Sincerely,
          Ian Robertson
          864 Pacific Dr
          Delta, BC, Canada
          V4M 2K3
          Tel: 604-943-3715
          fax:604-943-7391
          email: HYPERLINK "mailto:idr@..."idr@...
          web: HYPERLINK "http://www.robertsoninc.ca/"www.robertsoninc.ca

          Checked by AVG Free Edition.

        • Henderson, Roy
          Message 4 of 9 , Oct 4, 2007
            That's interesting information Ian! Are the CDs generally available, or
            did you acquire your copy through personal contact with the authors? I'd
            certainly like to take a look at what they contain to see how my efforts
            would best complement what they have already done.

            I know this next question won't sound very objective - but it is
            genuinely meant as objective! How does the quality of their photography
            compare to the Robertson image I posted here a few days ago? I would
            much rather build upon their foundation than repeat the entire exercise

            Roy

            ________________________________

            <mailto:idr%40robertsoninc.ca> "idr@...
            <mailto:idr%40robertsoninc.ca>
            web: HYPERLINK "http://www.robertsoninc.ca/
            <http://www.robertsoninc.ca/> "www.robertsoninc.ca

            Checked by AVG Free Edition.
            10/3/2007 8:22 PM

            CONFIDENTIAL & PRIVILEGED COMMUNICATION

            of this communication or message.

          • Betty
            Message 5 of 9 , Oct 4, 2007
              Hi Ian
              I too would be very interested in the CD's for St. Peters Old Churchyard. I have been trying very hard to find the burial place of my gr. grandfather and other members of the family. I visited the ANEFSH website, and can find no mention of the CD's. Could you advise how you managed to purchase them? It would be greatly appreciated.
              Thank you in advance,
              Elizabeth M

              Message 6 of 9 , Oct 5, 2007
                Elizabeth,

                If you give me some brief details regarding names and approximate dates,
                then I'll have a look next time I'm in the cemetery. I sometimes find
                that when I'm even just walking through and glancing at the stones then
                every now and again a name will ring a bell in my head.

                Regards,

                Roy

                ________________________________

                Message 7 of 9 , Oct 5, 2007
                  No problem Elizabeth - I will add these names to my mental checklist for
                  my wanders through the graves!

                  ________________________________

                  <http://www.robertsoninc.ca/>
                  <http://www.robertsoninc.ca/ <http://www.robertsoninc.ca/> >
                  "www.robertsoninc.ca

                  Checked by AVG Free Edition.
                  10/3/2007 8:22 PM

                  CONFIDENTIAL & PRIVILEGED COMMUNICATION

                  The information contained in this message is privileged, confidential,
                  and protected from disclosure.
                  This message is intended for the individual or entity addressed herein.
                  If you are not the intended recipient,
                  please do not read, copy, use or disclose this communication to others.
                  Also please notify the sender by
                  replying to this message, and then delete it from your system. The
                  sender totally disclaims, and will not
                  accept, any responsibility or liability for the unauthorized use, or the
                  consequences of any unauthorized use,

                    Message 9 of 9 , Jan 8, 2008
                      I, like so many, would be interested in the CD's. Let me know how much
                      and
                      where I send the money.
                      regards john