Martin family

  • Norma Manson
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 24, 2007
      Hi everyone,
      Thank you so much to everyone who has replied to my request about the Martin family. While I had names and dates, I now know some interesting details which fill out their lives.
      On the IGI, I found another child of George Martin, John Martin b 17 Oct 1835. He does not appear in the 1841 census so I presume he died young.
      Also, my grandmother told a story about one of her ancestors, I don't know whether it was a Martin or a Hutchison, who captured a French ship during the Napoleonic wars and the family were expecting a nice little inheritence but they were disappointed.

      Regards

      Norma Manson