Re: [SPAM] [Peterhead] Martins of Peterhead

  • Cci
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 20, 2007
      Hi Norma,
      Found these entries about the Martin's of Peterhead, you might already have all of this.
      Will send more tomowwow
      Catherine

      Jacobite Cess Roll 1715

      Formerly in the possession of the family of Martin, Henry Middleton of Clerkhill who was there in 1680 and 'erected the harbour of Peterhead' had before 1696 parted with the estate to Alexander Tulloch.

      Robert Martin was a relation to Captain Martin and of Mr Nathaniel Martin of Peterhead and the grandson of Robert Martin of Clerkhill of 1667. He resided in Aberdeen in 1696 with his wife and his children, Nathaniel, Elizabeth, Jean and Isobel. His daughter Isobel married the Rev John Mercer, Minister of Tyrie and died in 1765.

      Parish and Probate records
      Robert Martin, Shipmaster in Peterhead a dau
      Agnes Laing born 17 July 1842 bap 12 Aug 1842
      before Charles Brabds and William Christie

      30 Oct 1825 Robert Martin, Sailor in Peterhead
      a dau Jean
      wit William Christie and James Martin

      George Martin, Seaman in Peterhead
      and Catherine Hutchison his wife a dau
      Sarah Ann Hutchison
      born 25 Sept 1854 bap 1 Nov 1854
      before George Herriot and John Hutchison

      Robert Martin, Shipmaster in Peterhead
      and Margaret Brands his wife a son John
      born 4 Oct 1845 bap 30 Oct 1845
      before Alexander Whyte and Alexander Creighton

      George Martin, Seaman in Peterhead a dau Jean
      born 23 Sept 1840 bap 27 Sept 1840
      before David Stephen and George Heriot

      26 Aug 1815 Robert Martin, Sailor in Peterhead
      a dau Mary
      witn Charles Brands and William Johnston

      29 July 1832 John Martin, Seaman in Peterhead
      a son John
      witn John Martin and John Watt

      Robert Martin, Seaman in Peterhead a son
      William bap 24 Oct 1833
      wit George Gordon and Thomas Matthew

      John Martin, Shipmaster in Peterhead a son
      George born 11 Oct 1844 bap 14 Oct 1844
      before George Herriot and Forbes Philips

      John Martin, Shipmaster in Peterhead a son
      Alexander born 26 Sept 1839 bap 27 Sept 1839
      before George Simpson and David Stephen

      30 Oct 1811 Robert Martin, Seaman in Peterhead
      a son Robert
      wit William Christie and William Johnstone

      George Martin, Seaman in Peterhead a son
      John bap 17 Oct 1835
      before John Martin and William Hutchison

      23 May 1808 John Martin, Shipmaster in Peterhead
      a son John
      wit George Gordon and Thomas Matthew