Martins of Peterhead

  • Norma Manson
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 18, 2007
      Hi everyone,
      I have just found your group and have been reading some of the older information on theis site. I was delighted to find some information about my 2 great grandfather, George Gordon Martin. From the IGI, I have found out births and marriages but not the deaths.
      I am descended from George's son William Hutchison Martin who did not follow the sea faring tradition and was an accountant on his mother's death certificate and a commercial clerk on my grandmother's marriage certificate.He married Christina McKenzie and had 2 sons, William McKenzie Martin b1870, George Martin b1873, and 4 daughters Isabella Gordon Martin b1868, Sarah Hutchison Martin b1872, Catherine Hutchison Martin b 1874 and Christina McKenzie Martin b1880. They lived at Newhills.
      I would be delighted to hear more about George and his wife Catherine Hutchison and Catherine's parents William Hutchison and Sarah Robertson and any other connections of this family.

      I hope there are other members of this family out there.

      Norma Manson

    • Henderson, Roy
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 19, 2007
        Hi Norma,

        I seem to remember there was a Stan Martin who was headmaster of
        Peterhead Episcopal School in Hanover Street back in the 1960s. I am
        sure he had daughters.

        Don't know if he would be a descendent of your 19th C Martins ...

        Roy

[...]

        CONFIDENTIAL & PRIVILEGED COMMUNICATION

        of this communication or message.

      • Norma Manson