RE: For Carolyn RE: [Peterhead] Peterhead War Memorials

  • Henderson, Roy
    Message 1 of 18 , Sep 13, 2007
      So, could your WG actually be buried in that grave but without mention
      perhaps Carolyn? Now that I know it's of interest to you I'll take a
      couple of general pictures of the location it's sited so you can have an
      idea where it's at.

      I must confess I was quite pleased when I saw the quality of the
      high-res image of the Roll of Honour inscription! It's actually easier
      to read the inscription off the picture than it is off the memorial. The
      plate could probably do with a professional clean.

      Feel free to link to the page.

      I don't have any information regarding the memorial construction at the
      moment, but I can probably uncover some in due course. Kirk Street is
      very busy at times because the roundabout at its head is the junction
      for the South Road, the West Road and King Street so you do need to take
      care. The Old Drill Hall used to stand on the site of the roundabout. I
      can vaguely remember it when I was young.

      Regards,

      Roy

      From: "Henderson, Roy" <roy.henderson@...
      <mailto:roy.henderson%40eu.weatherford.com> >
      Date: Friday, September 14, 2007 0:47 am
      To: Peterhead@yahoogroups.com <mailto:Peterhead%40yahoogroups.com>