Re: John Johnston from Carol

  • Carol Tate
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 22, 2007
      To Keith, Catherine, Alex and Christine

      Keith thank you for the Map and link to electricscotland, very interesting
      reading, gives me information on what times were like then and I checked on
      the map to see where the streets were and what the town was like.

      Catherine my family settled in NSW around the Annandale/Glebe area. I know
      they stayed in that area, I remember a little bit but not much and those
      that would remember have passed now so I have no one to ask. I kick myself
      everyday for leaving it so long to do this.

      Alex, thank you too for the info on the Episcopal records but where the heck
      did you find it, I have been looking for months and not able to find
      anything, although not sure about the John think that was too early for him.
      John was 23 on Wedding Papers in Aust 1875, could understand if it was a few
      years but not 10 although I have found anything seems to be possible. I am
      wondering if John died at an early age and they used the same name for my
      GGrandfather. Are the Episcopal records available for research? Anyway
      will plod along but should you find anymore I would be most thankful. Oh
      and the William was absolutely correct, I had a second look on the shipping
      paper I have and he was born in Glasgow 1850.

      Christine, I have no idea about the Episcopal records but am looking for
      them too, they would be very handy.

      I have waffled way too much again.

      Regards
      Carol