Peterhead Episcopal Records

  • Christine Tregonning
    Message 1 of 13 , Aug 21, 2007
      Dear Carol and Others,

      I was interested in your reference to the Peterhead Episcopal Records.

      My ancestor James LOVIE gives his place of birth on the 1851 census as
      Peterhead. There is also a John LOVIE living in St Cyrus who also gives his
      place of birth as Peterhead.

      While there is a possible entry in the Longside Parish records for James
      LOVIE, this James LOVIE was born at Mains of Buthlaw in 1803; I cannot find
      a record of the birth or baptism of John LOVIE.

      I am assuming that John LOVIE was born sometime around 1800. How would I
      find out if his birth or baptism were recorded in the Episcopal Church at
      Peterhead?

      Regards,

      Christine

      Checked by AVG Free Edition.