Birkett

  • ugiepark1
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 16, 2007
      My uncle, David Ritchie, was married to Betty Birkett. Latterly they
      lived in Loughborough (England). My uncle is now deceased but Betty
      still lives down there.
      She has brothers, Tommy, Harold & George who all still live in
      Peterhead (as far as I know).
      Don't know anything about the Birketts further back than that. I'll try
      and find out if my mother knows any more about them.

      Alex Ritchie
    • alan676561
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 16, 2007
        -Hi Alex,
        Thanks for your message.Betty Birkett(ritchie)is my aunty as well,she
        is my Dads sister,and my dad actually spoke to her yesterday.My dads
        name is David,who is a brother to Tommy and George,his brother Harold
        died some while ago.I remember Uncle Davie (Ritchie ) really well he
        often stayed at my dads house in Slough where my mum and dad still
        live.My dad is 89 now..I remember Uncle Davie giving me a cricket bat
        from Barbados where he lived for some time,when he heard I was fond
        of cricket.
        I live in Gateshead now with my wife having moved from Slough in 1987.
        Where do you live?...It was great to hear from you and please feel
        free to contact me again if you want to.

        Kind regards

        Alan Birkett

        -- In Peterhead@yahoogroups.com, "ugiepark1" <alex-jean.ritchie@...>
        wrote:

        > My uncle, David Ritchie, was married to Betty Birkett. Latterly
        they
        > lived in Loughborough (England). My uncle is now deceased but Betty
        > still lives down there.
        > She has brothers, Tommy, Harold & George who all still live in
        > Peterhead (as far as I know).
        > Don't know anything about the Birketts further back than that. I'll
        try
        > and find out if my mother knows any more about them.
        >
        > Alex Ritchie

      • Henderson, Roy
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 17, 2007
          I can remember Birketts who lived in Forman Drive during the 1960s. I
          think that was Harold. There were at least 2 sons who I think were
          Harold and David. I guess the sons would now be around 50. For some
          reason, I seem to have it in my head that they had ginger hair.

          -- In Peterhead@yahoogroups.com <mailto:Peterhead%40yahoogroups.com> ,