family of William Yule, b. 1846

  • magyule777
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 6, 2007
      William Yule was my g-g-grandfather , he had a brother John born 1842,
      father John Yule , 1813 and mother Isabella Knox, 1815. Any help
      finding living descendants of John Yule would be appreciated. William
      went to America in 1870, he was a blacksmith. That's about all I've got
      so far.
      Thanks, Magyule
    • bigt0e
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 7, 2007
        Hello Mag Yule

        I have a Margaret (Maggie) Yule Reid in my tree, b abt 1888 in
        Peterhead, d 19Sept1918. Parents were Joseph Reid (a carter/horse
        hirer) & Eliza Reid Sherrifs. I have yet to figure out the 'Yule'
        connection, but would love to hear from anyone who may have some info.
      • magyule777
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 17, 2007
          I've got some more recent information on the descendants of my g-
          grandfather's brother. John YUle b. 1843 married Jane Cowe had 6
          children, one of which was Duncan Campbell Yule b. 8, Nov. 1872 in
          Longside. they seemed to go from Peterhead to Longside and back again.
          Duncan married Jessie (haven't found maiden name) and they had 2 sons,
          Alex John Yule b. 1899 in Peterhead and Charles S Yule b. 1901 also in
          Peterhead. These two sons would have been cousins to my father, William
          Alan Yule b. 1908 in Indianapolis Indiana. Everyone seemed to be named
          either William or John so I'm hoping Duncan might stand out a bit.
          Thanks,
          Maggi
        • Kenmalley4@aol.com
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 17, 2007
            Duncan Campbell b.8 Nov 1872 Longside d.5 Apr 1948 Peterhead wed Jessie
            Rennie b.1873 Peterhead d.13 Jul 1934 Peterhead is that the couple your looking
            for?
            Contact me direct for further information
            regards Kenny

          • magyule777
            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 3, 2007
              I've gotten some help with this but I know there are Yules out there
              that know more.
              My g- grandfather William Yule had a brother, John borm 1843, who
              stayed in Scotland. His wife was Jane Cowe and their children were...
              John b.1868
              William b.1868
              Duncan b. 1873
              Jane b. 1875
              George b.1878
              Eliza b.1880
              Anything about who they married or what they did for work would be of
              interest.
              I did get information about Duncan already.
              Thanks,
              Maggi
            • Kenmalley4@aol.com
              Message 6 of 6 , Oct 4, 2007
                Hi Maggie I have information on the couple you mentioned John b.25 Jun 1842
                Peterhead wed Jane Cowie ( not Cowe ) b.1843 Longside d.16 Aug 1893 Longside
                ( Green of Rora )on 6 Jul 1867 Longside.Not a direct line of ours
                Contact me of list so as can send reports on their 6 children
                regards Kenny
                _kenmalley4@..._ (mailto:kenmalley4@...)