Re: [SPAM] [Peterhead] The meaning of the firstname "Cow"

  • Cci
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 17 10:59 PM
      Hi Ken,
      I don't know the answer of why some Scottish children were called COW, but in other cultures a child named after an animal was quite common.
      Here in Australia the Aboriginies called some children Crocodile in Tonga a child would be called a Goose.
      I would like to hear also from someone in the group who would know the reason.

      Best wishes,
      Catherine