Re: [Peterhead] posting Hay Interests

  • Mary Barnes
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 24, 2007
      Hi George,

      Were any of your ancestors seamen? I was just looking at Wade
      Buchan's Peterhead Genealogy website, and specifically at the index
      of Peterhead Seaman in the 1840s and 50s, <http://
      users.bigpond.net.au/phdgen/seaindex.html>
      I noticed that it includes William Hay (b Peterhead 1829, ticket no
      28326) and James Hay (b Peterhead 1833, ticket no 104586). The dates
      more-or-less fit, so they may have been your ancestors. Getting hold
      of the tickets would give you more information about them. There are
      six other Hays listed, some of whom could be related.

      Mary