posting Hay Interests

  • george4705@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 24, 2007
      I have a James Hay marring Anne Abel 4/21/1793 in Newhills. (John Fowler
      Elder.)

      Son John baptized 4/22/1795 by Mr Skepe Ogilvy minister of Old Machar and
      witnesed by John Fowler and William Melvin

      John Hay (above) married Christian Beggrie
      (all born Peterhead)
      dau Isebella Soutter 6/3/1821 died 12/15/1891 )
      dau Charlotte 5/4/1823
      dau Margarete 1/14/1827
      son William 11/23/1828 (my 3X grandfather) married Margaret Davidson
      11/13/1851)
      son James 9/26/1832
      dau Jean 2/22/1835

      george

    • Mary Barnes
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 24, 2007
        Hi George,

        Were any of your ancestors seamen? I was just looking at Wade
        Buchan's Peterhead Genealogy website, and specifically at the index
        of Peterhead Seaman in the 1840s and 50s, <http://
        users.bigpond.net.au/phdgen/seaindex.html>
        I noticed that it includes William Hay (b Peterhead 1829, ticket no
        28326) and James Hay (b Peterhead 1833, ticket no 104586). The dates
        more-or-less fit, so they may have been your ancestors. Getting hold
        of the tickets would give you more information about them. There are
        six other Hays listed, some of whom could be related.

        Mary