Re: Family of Alexander Chalmers and Christian Wilson

  • Mary Barnes
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 21, 2007
      --- In Peterhead@yahoogroups.com, Celtic Mist <airforce_one19149@...> wrote:

      > --- Keith Baigrie <keith.baigrie@...> wrote:
      >
      > > Hello Mary,
      > >
      > > Amongst my lot, the ( Bagrie/ Baigrie etc), who also
      > > hail from all along the Banff-Peterhead area, some
      > > of whom perculated down to Leith and Edinburgh in
      > > the early 1800s. My Grandfathers sister Elizabeth
      > > Bagrie Born 1876 Edinburgh married a Chalmers. All I
      > > have at the moment is my own note saying "possible
      > > marriage Edinburgh St Giles 1903 No. 947" so will be
      > > easy to check out. If you have no joy come back to
      > > me and I will help if I can. Good luck!
      > >
      > > Keith Baigrie

      Hello Keith,

      A delayed reply to your answer to my enquiry about the Chalmers family - I have just
      realised a connection with the Baigrie family that may or may not be relevant.

      Andrew Chalmers' first wife was Elizabeth Anderson - they married in Peterhead in 1848. I
      think I may have found her in the 1841 census. In the household of Jean Baigrie (age 60,
      Independent means) at Netherton of Invereddie, Longside, were George Baigrie, 36,
      Shoemaker, Elizabeth Baigrie, 34, Ag. Lab., and Elizabeth Anderson, 15, Independent
      means, all born in Aberdeenshire. I can't be sure that this is the correct Elizabeth
      Anderson, but the marriage record says she was from Longside, and Andrew Chalmers was
      a shoemaker which is another possible link. Any thoughts? Do these Baigries
      belong to your family?

      Mary
    • Keith Baigrie
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 27, 2007
        Hi Mary,
        Thanks for the reply, like you I wonder about this connection. The christian names are so worryingly similiar I shall have give it some close attention, and well see what comes out of the woodwork. Will be in touch.
        Best wishes,
        Keith