Re: [Peterhead] Re: Eliza Lyon

  • rlyon@beeb.net
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 17, 2007
      Thanks Linda,

      I think that you are right and this is Elspet Walker in 1841
      before her marriage to James Lyon in 1843 at Fraserburgh.

      But the Walker family she is with is not that of her parents.

      On the Birth record for her first child William Walker Lyon (
      in the OPR record misspelt Layon) one witness is William
      Walker at Rora. This turns out to be her father, her mother is
      Jean Wallace, I now have Elspet Walker's birth 16th January
      1820 at Wester Rora, Longside, Aberdeenshire, and several (
      13)siblings one of whom ( Ann Kilgour Walker) has much data on
      IGI. Ann Kilgour Walker married Alexander Wood and both
      settled in Canada.

      At 1841 census William Walker and his wife Jean are at
      Millbank, Longside Parish with five children. I have yet to
      establish the relationship to the Walker families at Meryhillock.

      And so another puzzle is nearly solved, although I have no
      detail or record of what happened to Elspet after she bore
      Elizabeth Ann Gordon Lyon in 1846.As James Lyon was with Ann
      Thom by 1848 that so far remains a mystery.

      Many thanks for your interest. You will recall we exchanged
      data some couple of years ago regarding Ann Thom.

      Best wishes

      Richard Lyon