LAIR MAPS

  • ugiepark1
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 15, 2007
      For Mary Barnes & Others :

      I do know that the Registrar at Peterhead (Arbuthnot House) has Lair
      maps. They did give me photocopies of parts of the Old Cemetery and
      Constitution Street, but not the whole cemetery. I guess they would
      have a photocopier large enough for A3 size or whatever it is, so I'm
      sure they could give you copies (might be a charge ?).
      These maps only have Lair numbers on them (no names). You would then
      have to search the Lair Registers to put a name to the Lair.

      ANEFHS does have the searchable database on computer. A search on
      there will tie in the Lair Number to a name (and also who else is in
      the Lair).

      I don't know if it's still the case, but the Gate House at
      Constitution Street Cemetery also had burial books. The burials are
      listed by surname letter in chronological order (Strangely, there were
      no Lair Register Books for this Cemetery).

      Alex Ritchie
    • Mary Barnes
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 15, 2007
        Thanks for your helpful reply, Alex. I'll add this to the list of
        things to do next time I visit the UK!

        Mary