Re: [Peterhead] Lair Maps

  • Mary Barnes
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 14 9:25 PM
      On 15/03/2007, at 2:26 AM, DeLories Vaughn wrote:

      > I will be looking for the surnames of: CHEYNE, THOMSON, HENDERSON,
      > NICOL, GRAY, SIM. There are others that married into these families
      > that I will keep my eye out for too. Of course the highlight of the
      > trip to Peterhead would be to find living family. That would be a
      > great treasure. Any help/advise would be greatly received.
      > Thank you
      > DeLories

      DeLories,
      I note you mention the names NICOL and HENDERSON. Are you by any chance
      descended from Robert Innes Nicol (b 13/6/1846) and his wife Isabella
      Grieve Henderson (b 16/11/1847)? If so, then we are related - Robert
      Innes Nicol was the half-brother of my grandfather, Matthew Nicol (b
      25/9/1861). Also, I can put you in touch with several other members of
      the family, including one currently living in Peterhead.

      To everyone else on the list: I too would love to know where/how I can
      obtain lair maps for the various Peterhead cemeteries, especially the
      Old Kirkyard (I assume this is the one often referred to as St Peter's
      Kirkyard) and Constitution Street. Numbers alone would not be enough. I
      would need family names as well. Would the ANEFHS have such info?

      Mary Barnes (nee Nicol)