Re: Lair Maps

  • roy_henderson_1955
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 14, 2007
      Which HENDERSONs are you interested in?

      The maps would be available from Arburthnot House but would only have
      lair numbers on them - not any names.

      Roy

      --- In Peterhead@yahoogroups.com, "DeLories Vaughn" <JDVon2@...> wrote:

      > A mention of Lair maps may be available?? We will be in Peterhead,
      for the
      > first time, from the US, in April and I would love to know where one
      can
      > obtain such a map. I will be looking for the surnames of:
      > CHEYNE, THOMSON, HENDERSON, NICOL, GRAY, SIM. There are others that
      married
      > into these families that I will keep my eye out for too.
      > Of course the highlight of the trip to Peterhead would be to find
      living
      > family. That would be a great treasure.
      > Any help/advise would be greatly received.
      > Thank you
      > DeLories
      > www.tribalpages.com/tribes/deloriesvaughn
      > www.tribalpages.com/tribes/cheyne

    • Mary Barnes
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 14, 2007
        On 15/03/2007, at 2:26 AM, DeLories Vaughn wrote:

        > I will be looking for the surnames of: CHEYNE, THOMSON, HENDERSON,
        > NICOL, GRAY, SIM. There are others that married into these families
        > that I will keep my eye out for too. Of course the highlight of the
        > trip to Peterhead would be to find living family. That would be a
        > great treasure. Any help/advise would be greatly received.
        > Thank you
        > DeLories

        DeLories,
        I note you mention the names NICOL and HENDERSON. Are you by any chance
        descended from Robert Innes Nicol (b 13/6/1846) and his wife Isabella
        Grieve Henderson (b 16/11/1847)? If so, then we are related - Robert
        Innes Nicol was the half-brother of my grandfather, Matthew Nicol (b
        25/9/1861). Also, I can put you in touch with several other members of
        the family, including one currently living in Peterhead.

        To everyone else on the list: I too would love to know where/how I can
        obtain lair maps for the various Peterhead cemeteries, especially the
        Old Kirkyard (I assume this is the one often referred to as St Peter's
        Kirkyard) and Constitution Street. Numbers alone would not be enough. I
        would need family names as well. Would the ANEFHS have such info?

        Mary Barnes (nee Nicol)