Lair Maps

  • DeLories Vaughn
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 14, 2007
      A mention of Lair maps may be available?? We will be in Peterhead, for the
      first time, from the US, in April and I would love to know where one can
      obtain such a map. I will be looking for the surnames of:
      CHEYNE, THOMSON, HENDERSON, NICOL, GRAY, SIM. There are others that married
      into these families that I will keep my eye out for too.
      Of course the highlight of the trip to Peterhead would be to find living
      family. That would be a great treasure.
      Any help/advise would be greatly received.
      Thank you
      DeLories
      www.tribalpages.com/tribes/deloriesvaughn
      www.tribalpages.com/tribes/cheyne
    • roy_henderson_1955
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 14, 2007
        Which HENDERSONs are you interested in?

        The maps would be available from Arburthnot House but would only have
        lair numbers on them - not any names.

        Roy

        --- In Peterhead@yahoogroups.com, "DeLories Vaughn" <JDVon2@...> wrote:

        > A mention of Lair maps may be available?? We will be in Peterhead,
        for the
        > first time, from the US, in April and I would love to know where one
        can
        > obtain such a map. I will be looking for the surnames of:
        > CHEYNE, THOMSON, HENDERSON, NICOL, GRAY, SIM. There are others that
        married
        > into these families that I will keep my eye out for too.
        > Of course the highlight of the trip to Peterhead would be to find
        living
        > family. That would be a great treasure.
        > Any help/advise would be greatly received.
        > Thank you
        > DeLories
        > www.tribalpages.com/tribes/deloriesvaughn
        > www.tribalpages.com/tribes/cheyne

      • Mary Barnes
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 14, 2007
          On 15/03/2007, at 2:26 AM, DeLories Vaughn wrote:

          > I will be looking for the surnames of: CHEYNE, THOMSON, HENDERSON,
          > NICOL, GRAY, SIM. There are others that married into these families
          > that I will keep my eye out for too. Of course the highlight of the
          > trip to Peterhead would be to find living family. That would be a
          > great treasure. Any help/advise would be greatly received.
          > Thank you
          > DeLories

          DeLories,
          I note you mention the names NICOL and HENDERSON. Are you by any chance
          descended from Robert Innes Nicol (b 13/6/1846) and his wife Isabella
          Grieve Henderson (b 16/11/1847)? If so, then we are related - Robert
          Innes Nicol was the half-brother of my grandfather, Matthew Nicol (b
          25/9/1861). Also, I can put you in touch with several other members of
          the family, including one currently living in Peterhead.

          To everyone else on the list: I too would love to know where/how I can
          obtain lair maps for the various Peterhead cemeteries, especially the
          Old Kirkyard (I assume this is the one often referred to as St Peter's
          Kirkyard) and Constitution Street. Numbers alone would not be enough. I
          would need family names as well. Would the ANEFHS have such info?

          Mary Barnes (nee Nicol)