Re: Birnie LAIRS (St.Peters)

  • roy_henderson_1955
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 13, 2007
      When I get a chance I'll try and take a couple of pictures for you
      Linda. As I said, the surface of the 1812 stone is still in very good
      condition so I should be able to transcribe the entire inscription.

      There are others mentioned on the newer stone but I did not want to
      spend any time until you confirmed if I had the ones you were
      interested in. I don't recall any other BIRNIE stones beside them
      which Alex's information would suggest but I'll look more closely
      when I go back.

      Regards,

      Roy

      --- In Peterhead@yahoogroups.com, "Linda Adam" <taadam@...> wrote:

      > Roy, my GGGG Grandfather was Alexander Birnie, Joiner/Mason b. ABT.
      1748 d.
      > 1812. That must be his headstone. His wife was Margaret Findlater.
      How
      > wonderful that the stone still exists and is in condition.
      >
      > I'm not sure if the pink granite stone would be from my Birnie's. I
      can't
      > recall mention of a Birnie lost at sea -- but you never can tell.
      >
      > The purpose of my original request was to attempt to determine if
      John
      > Birnie (wife Jane Geary) happens to be a son of Alexander Birnie &
      Margaret
      > Findlater.
      >
      > Thank you all for the support.
      > Linda

    • roy_henderson_1955
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 13, 2007
        There's mention of Margaret Findlater on the 1812 stone Linda so that
        confirms its identity.

      • Linda Adam
        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 13, 2007
          Roy, a photo would be wonderful! Thanks once again.
          Linda