Re: [Peterhead] Re: Birnie LAIRS (St.Peters)

  • Linda Adam
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 13, 2007
      Roy, my GGGG Grandfather was Alexander Birnie, Joiner/Mason b. ABT. 1748 d.
      1812. That must be his headstone. His wife was Margaret Findlater. How
      wonderful that the stone still exists and is in condition.

      I'm not sure if the pink granite stone would be from my Birnie's. I can't
      recall mention of a Birnie lost at sea -- but you never can tell.

      The purpose of my original request was to attempt to determine if John
      Birnie (wife Jane Geary) happens to be a son of Alexander Birnie & Margaret
      Findlater.

      Thank you all for the support.
      Linda

      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 13, 2007
        When I get a chance I'll try and take a couple of pictures for you
        Linda. As I said, the surface of the 1812 stone is still in very good
        condition so I should be able to transcribe the entire inscription.

        There are others mentioned on the newer stone but I did not want to
        spend any time until you confirmed if I had the ones you were
        interested in. I don't recall any other BIRNIE stones beside them
        which Alex's information would suggest but I'll look more closely
        when I go back.

        Regards,

        Roy

        --- In Peterhead@yahoogroups.com, "Linda Adam" <taadam@...> wrote:

        > Roy, my GGGG Grandfather was Alexander Birnie, Joiner/Mason b. ABT.
        1748 d.
        > 1812. That must be his headstone. His wife was Margaret Findlater.
        How
        > wonderful that the stone still exists and is in condition.
        >
        > I'm not sure if the pink granite stone would be from my Birnie's. I
        can't
        > recall mention of a Birnie lost at sea -- but you never can tell.
        >
        > The purpose of my original request was to attempt to determine if
        John
        > Birnie (wife Jane Geary) happens to be a son of Alexander Birnie &
        Margaret
        > Findlater.
        >
        > Thank you all for the support.
        > Linda

      • roy_henderson_1955
        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 13, 2007
          There's mention of Margaret Findlater on the 1812 stone Linda so that
          confirms its identity.

        • Linda Adam
          Message 4 of 8 , Mar 13, 2007
            Roy, a photo would be wonderful! Thanks once again.
            Linda