Re: [Peterhead] Birnie LAIRS (St.Peters)

  • Celtic Mist
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 13 8:41 AM
      Are There any THOMSON in those Lairs,. Could please send.

      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 13 8:47 AM
        Roy, my GGGG Grandfather was Alexander Birnie, Joiner/Mason b. ABT. 1748 d.
        1812. That must be his headstone. His wife was Margaret Findlater. How
        wonderful that the stone still exists and is in condition.

        I'm not sure if the pink granite stone would be from my Birnie's. I can't
        recall mention of a Birnie lost at sea -- but you never can tell.

        The purpose of my original request was to attempt to determine if John
        Birnie (wife Jane Geary) happens to be a son of Alexander Birnie & Margaret
        Findlater.

        Thank you all for the support.
        Linda

        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 13 8:53 AM
          When I get a chance I'll try and take a couple of pictures for you
          Linda. As I said, the surface of the 1812 stone is still in very good
          condition so I should be able to transcribe the entire inscription.

          There are others mentioned on the newer stone but I did not want to
          spend any time until you confirmed if I had the ones you were
          interested in. I don't recall any other BIRNIE stones beside them
          which Alex's information would suggest but I'll look more closely
          when I go back.

          Regards,

          Roy

          --- In Peterhead@yahoogroups.com, "Linda Adam" <taadam@...> wrote:

          > Roy, my GGGG Grandfather was Alexander Birnie, Joiner/Mason b. ABT.
          1748 d.
          > 1812. That must be his headstone. His wife was Margaret Findlater.
          How
          > wonderful that the stone still exists and is in condition.
          >
          > I'm not sure if the pink granite stone would be from my Birnie's. I
          can't
          > recall mention of a Birnie lost at sea -- but you never can tell.
          >
          > The purpose of my original request was to attempt to determine if
          John
          > Birnie (wife Jane Geary) happens to be a son of Alexander Birnie &
          Margaret
          > Findlater.
          >
          > Thank you all for the support.
          > Linda

        • roy_henderson_1955
          Message 4 of 8 , Mar 13 9:22 AM
            There's mention of Margaret Findlater on the 1812 stone Linda so that
            confirms its identity.

          • Linda Adam
            Message 5 of 8 , Mar 13 10:19 AM
              Roy, a photo would be wonderful! Thanks once again.
              Linda