Re: Alexander Cordiner

  • robert.stewart1@xxx.xxx.xxx
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 13, 1999
      Wade
      I live in Scotland and visit New register House about 4 times a year. I
      could help distant researchers by transcribing certificates for them.
      Robert Stewart

      Wade Buchan wrote:

      > From: Wade Buchan <wsb@...>
      >
      > Hi Becchi,
      >
      > Niles & Becchi wrote:
      >
      > > On Scots Origin I found record of Alexander Cordiner & Susan Scott
      > > being married in 1878 in Peterhead. That was all the info they had
      > > without ordering the SI. Can you look that up?
      >
      > Sorry, I don't have access to these either, especially since I'm down
      > under in Australia. I only have access to 1855 to 1875 and 1881
      > certificates, but have to order them on film like everyone else. Which
      > is why when I order the film I transcribe all the entries from
      > Peterhead, index and put them on the web (with the aim of helping
      > others).
      >
      > I haven't ordered a certificate through Scots Orgin, so don't know what
      > it is like. I have order from Edinburgh Registrar by fax and was very
      > prompt.
      >
      > Regards, Wade.

      > Have you visited the new ONElist home page lately?
      > http://www.ONElist.com
      > ONElist: The Leading e-mail list and community service on the Internet!
    • Niles & Becchi
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 13, 1999
        I didn't realize you were "down under". What a great website to host from
        so far away. Is the Edinburgh Registry online? How would I access that
        information?

        Thanks
        Becchi