Re: [Peterhead] Wildgoose

  • Keith Baigrie
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 16, 2007
      Hello Nancy,

      I noticed your Wildgoose enquiry.. and thought it 'rang a bell',after a couple of days 'trawling' ( this is Peterhead after all, LOL),
      I came across the entry on IGI, 2 for a marriage to James Baigrie ( one of my lot), dated 3 Feb. 1770 and Feb.1773. obviously
      a small dating blunder. Then again, what looks like another entry showing a birth of a son "James" to (probably) the same James
      Baigrie dated 2 Feb 1776.

      All these were in Cruden. I have thought for some time that this particular James was the Baigrie Sea Capt that is mentioned
      as taking convicts for transportation to Australia. However I know little else about hin other that I think he may have once lived at
      Nethermill in Cruden, then his families home.

      If you have any other inf. I would be delighted to hear about it as this part of my genealogy is where my nose is pressed firmly against
      the brick wall..and has been for some years!

      Best wishes,

      Keith Baigrie