James Wildgoose

  • irvine1610
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 14, 2007
      Hi,

      Trying to trace the family group of the following

      James Wildgoose born about 1770 (said to be a Soldier) married to
      Christian Smith PARENTS of James Wildgoose born in Cruden 1806ish and
      died 1873 in Macduff, Banff (his wife was Elspet Reidford married 1855
      but had a son Robert 1835 - not 53 as on IGI)

      I believe James father may have James also but have no other info.

      Trying to link them to the Wildgoose's in Aberdeenshire overall.

      I have built up a picture of the Aberdeenshire Wildgoose's with about
      400 names in it - so if anyone has any other Wildgoose info out there
      no matter how small / trivial do let me know. Intend (hopefully) to get
      back as far as the Wildgoose's who sat on the assizes for the witch
      trials in Slains in the 1590's.

      Will lodged a copy with A&NE FHS when I finish

      Regards

      John Irvine
    • Nancy Visima
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 16, 2007
        John, my gggg-grandmother was Elspet WILDGOOSE who married William
        Bruce in Aug 1789 in either Slains or Cruden, Aberdeen. At this
        point, I don't know anything more about her (birth, death, parents,
        etc.). Any sign of her in your Wildgoose collection?

        Nancy Visima
        Toronto, Canada

        On 14-Feb-07, at 1:40 PM, irvine1610 wrote:

        > Hi,
        >
        > Trying to trace the family group of the following
        >
        > James Wildgoose born about 1770 (said to be a Soldier) married to
        > Christian Smith PARENTS of James Wildgoose born in Cruden 1806ish and
        > died 1873 in Macduff, Banff (his wife was Elspet Reidford married 1855
        > but had a son Robert 1835 - not 53 as on IGI)
        >
        > I believe James father may have James also but have no other info.
        >
        > Trying to link them to the Wildgoose's in Aberdeenshire overall.
        >
        > I have built up a picture of the Aberdeenshire Wildgoose's with about
        > 400 names in it - so if anyone has any other Wildgoose info out there
        > no matter how small / trivial do let me know. Intend (hopefully) to
        > get
        > back as far as the Wildgoose's who sat on the assizes for the witch
        > trials in Slains in the 1590's.
        >
        > Will lodged a copy with A&NE FHS when I finish
        >
        > Regards
        >
        > John Irvine

      • Keith Baigrie
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 16, 2007
          Hello Nancy,

          I noticed your Wildgoose enquiry.. and thought it 'rang a bell',after a couple of days 'trawling' ( this is Peterhead after all, LOL),
          I came across the entry on IGI, 2 for a marriage to James Baigrie ( one of my lot), dated 3 Feb. 1770 and Feb.1773. obviously
          a small dating blunder. Then again, what looks like another entry showing a birth of a son "James" to (probably) the same James
          Baigrie dated 2 Feb 1776.

          All these were in Cruden. I have thought for some time that this particular James was the Baigrie Sea Capt that is mentioned
          as taking convicts for transportation to Australia. However I know little else about hin other that I think he may have once lived at
          Nethermill in Cruden, then his families home.

          If you have any other inf. I would be delighted to hear about it as this part of my genealogy is where my nose is pressed firmly against
          the brick wall..and has been for some years!

          Best wishes,

          Keith Baigrie