Re: looking for living kin in Peterhead

  • roy_henderson_1955
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 13, 2007
      Hello again Gillian,

      I started to actually think about your post this morning. There's a K
      Chisholm who lives in the same street as me who is a retired warder.
      He might well be the chap you are looking for ...

      Regards,

      Roy

      --- In Peterhead@yahoogroups.com, "gillybeanwilson" <gillybean58@...>
      wrote:

      > Hello All
      >
      > My name is Gillian Wilson and I live in Jasper, Alberta, Canada.
      I'm
      > searching for the living desendants of my father's sister, and my
      > search has lead me to Peterhead.
      >
      > My father, Francis George Smith (George) left Lossiemouth after
      WWII
      > and settled in Vancouver where he married, had a family and lived
      > out his life. He was very private and didn't share much about his
      > life in Scotland, but I do know that he had a sister, Eleanor Smith
      > (Elly) who married Allan (Lofty) Murray. They had a daughter
      > Elizabeth (my cousin) and this is where the trail gets fuzzy.
      >
      > I've recently learned that Elizabeth (may have) married Kenneth
      > Chisholm who is reported to have retired as a warden at the
      > Peterhead prison. I'm guessing that they're in their 70's now.
      >
      > Can anyone verify this information?
      > Are they still living?
      > Did they have children?
      >
      > Gillian

    • gillybeanwilson
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 14, 2007
        Hello Roy,

        Small world....

        I've sent a letter of introduction to Kenneth Chisholm of Peterhead.
        Either he is my cousin (by marriage) or he isn't....only his wife
        Elizabeth can confirm that.

        This is fun. I rather wish I had more lost family members to find...

        Gillian

        In Jasper, Alberta

        --- In Peterhead@yahoogroups.com, "roy_henderson_1955"
        <roy.henderson@...> wrote:

        > Hello again Gillian,
        >
        > I started to actually think about your post this morning. There's
        a K
        > Chisholm who lives in the same street as me who is a retired
        warder.
        > He might well be the chap you are looking for ...
        >
        > Regards,
        >
        > Roy
        >
        > --- In Peterhead@yahoogroups.com, "gillybeanwilson" <gillybean58@>
        > wrote:
        > >
        > > Hello All
        > >
        > > My name is Gillian Wilson and I live in Jasper, Alberta, Canada.
        > I'm
        > > searching for the living desendants of my father's sister, and
        my
        > > search has lead me to Peterhead.
        > >
        > > My father, Francis George Smith (George) left Lossiemouth after
        > WWII
        > > and settled in Vancouver where he married, had a family and
        lived
        > > out his life. He was very private and didn't share much about
        his
        > > life in Scotland, but I do know that he had a sister, Eleanor
        Smith
        > > (Elly) who married Allan (Lofty) Murray. They had a daughter
        > > Elizabeth (my cousin) and this is where the trail gets fuzzy.
        > >
        > > I've recently learned that Elizabeth (may have) married Kenneth
        > > Chisholm who is reported to have retired as a warden at the
        > > Peterhead prison. I'm guessing that they're in their 70's now.
        > >
        > > Can anyone verify this information?
        > > Are they still living?
        > > Did they have children?
        > >
        > > Gillian