Forman/Foreman

  • margiedavidson@btinternet.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 10 9:09 AM
      Hi,

      Sometime since I have posted although I am always lurking in the
      background! Looking for info on the parents of John Forman born Crimond
      1796. From his seamnan's ticket, his parents were John Forman and
      Margaret Buchan- can anyone help?

      Margie
    • Mary Barnes
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 10 3:26 PM
        --- In Peterhead@yahoogroups.com, "margiedavidson@..." <margiedavidson@...> wrote:

        > Hi,
        >
        > Sometime since I have posted although I am always lurking in the
        > background! Looking for info on the parents of John Forman born Crimond
        > 1796. From his seamnan's ticket, his parents were John Forman and
        > Margaret Buchan- can anyone help?
        >
        > Margie

        Margie mentions info from a seaman's ticket. I'd like to obtain details of the seaman's
        tickets of some of my seagoing ancestors. Can anyone tell me how/where I can find this
        information?

        Mary
      • June
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 13 1:29 PM
          Hi Margie,
          How interesting, maybe we are looking for the same ancestors! My
          father's name was John Buchan Forman and was connected with Crimond. I
          am wondering was his middle name from Margaret Buchan's connection? It
          does sound like they were also my Father's ancestors. Are you
          connected to Provost Robert Forman? He was my Grandfather Alexander
          ('Al Berg') Forman's brother.