Alexander Cordiner

  • Niles & Becchi
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 11, 1999
      Wade:

      On Scots Origin I found record of Alexander Cordiner & Susan Scott being married in 1878 in Peterhead. That was all the info they had without ordering the SI. Can you look that up?

      Thanks
      Becchi
    • robert.stewart1@xxx.xxx.xxx
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 13, 1999
        Wade
        I live in Scotland and visit New register House about 4 times a year. I
        could help distant researchers by transcribing certificates for them.
        Robert Stewart

        Wade Buchan wrote:

        > From: Wade Buchan <wsb@...>
        >
        > Hi Becchi,
        >
        > Niles & Becchi wrote:
        >
        > > On Scots Origin I found record of Alexander Cordiner & Susan Scott
        > > being married in 1878 in Peterhead. That was all the info they had
        > > without ordering the SI. Can you look that up?
        >
        > Sorry, I don't have access to these either, especially since I'm down
        > under in Australia. I only have access to 1855 to 1875 and 1881
        > certificates, but have to order them on film like everyone else. Which
        > is why when I order the film I transcribe all the entries from
        > Peterhead, index and put them on the web (with the aim of helping
        > others).
        >
        > I haven't ordered a certificate through Scots Orgin, so don't know what
        > it is like. I have order from Edinburgh Registrar by fax and was very
        > prompt.
        >
        > Regards, Wade.

        > Have you visited the new ONElist home page lately?
        > http://www.ONElist.com
        > ONElist: The Leading e-mail list and community service on the Internet!
      • Niles & Becchi
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 13, 1999
          I didn't realize you were "down under". What a great website to host from
          so far away. Is the Edinburgh Registry online? How would I access that
          information?

          Thanks
          Becchi

          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 13, 1999