Some transcripts

  • Mary Barnes
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 26, 2007
      Here are some transcripts that may be of interest to other people.

      My interest was in Jane Cumming, who I believe to be my relative, but I
      can't be absolutely certain, as the mothers are not named in these
      records.

      Births and baptisms, 1844

      August 3rd James Cruickshank, Mason, Blackhill had a son born 2nd June,
      baptized and named John, before John Cruickshank and David ritchie.

      August 5th, James Cordiner, fisherman in Boddom had a son born 1st
      August, baptized and named John, before John Cordiner & Robert Stephen.

      August 6th, John Smith, Merchant in Aberdeen, had a daughter born
      baptized and named Elizabeth, before John Anderson & William
      Bruce.

      August 8th James Cordiner, Seaman in Peterhead, had a son born 6th
      August, baptised and named William, before Alexander Mackie & John
      Murdoch.

      August 18th William Rennie, Baker in Peterhead had a daughter born 30th
      July, baptized and named Jane, before Keith Turner and John Rennie.

      August 20th Andrew Cumming, Merchant, Inverettie, had a dau born (in
      fornication) August 9th baptized and named Jane, before George Murray &
      John Mitchell.

      August 21st William Reid, Fisherman, Burnhaven, had a daughter born
      18th August, baptized and named Maria-Ann, before Andrew Buchan &
      Arthur Buchan.

      August 22nd Alexander Phillip, fisherman in Buchanhaven, had a daughter
      born 17th august baptized and named Barbara, before James Strachan &
      David Bruce.

      August 25th John Park, Fisherman in Boddom had a son born 19th August,
      baptized and named Alexander before William Stephen ^ Alexr Cordiner.

      August 23rd James Herd, Seaman in peterhead had a son born 18th August,
      baptized and named Alexander Wilson, before Alexr Beedie & John Hay.

      Census 1851 Peterhead -- Roanheads
      Name Relation to head Condition M/F Age Occupation Birthplace
      Ann Robertson Wife Mar F 62 Peterhead
      (this is last entry for a household - the rest is on the previous page)

      Margaret Robertson Head Mar F 29 Fisherman's wife Peterhead
      George Cordiner Son U M 7 Scholar Peterhead
      William Cordiner Son U M 6 Scholar Peterhead
      Mary Cordiner Daur U F 4 Scholar Peterhead
      Helen Cordiner Daur U F 2 Peterhead

      Janet Stephen Head W F 56 Lodging house keeper Crimond
      Agnes Stephen Daur U F 16 Scholar Peterhead
      Jane Cumming Granddaur U F 6 Scholar Peterhead
      Charles Davidson Lodger U M 22 Joiner Rathen
      George Davidson Lodger U M 19 Blacksmith Peterhead
      James Greig Lodger U M 18 Shoemaker Ellon

      Margaret Don Head W F 62 Mariner's widow Peterhead

      John Buchan Head Mar M 50 Fisherman St Combs
      Margaret Buchan Wife Mar F 50 St Combs
      Barbara Buchan Daur U F 27 House Servant St Combs
      Alexander Buchan Son U M 20 Fisherman St Combs
      Andrew Buchan Son U M 18 Fisherman St Combs
      Elizabeth Buchan Daur U F 16 Servant St Combs
      Margaret Buchan Daur U F 13 Scholar St Combs