Re: DINNES & Diverall

  • roy_henderson_1955
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 25, 2007
      Betty,

      I went in past the Kirkyard this lunchtime and took a few quick
      phonecam shots which I have transcribed below. It was just too cold
      and windy to spend much time there - but I'll go back with some
      warmer clothes next time to pick up on the missing part.

      There are 3 stones in a row - one is obviously older than the other
      two because they are granite.

      The inscriptions are:

      Erected
      by
      James & Barbara Diverall
      in memory of
      their daughter Elizabeth
      who died 23rd Feby 1871 aged 29 years.
      also their son
      James who died in infancy.
      and their daughter
      Isabella who died 2nd Nov
      1847 aged 3 years.
      The above
      James Diverall died 17 Oct 1881
      aged 73 years.
      Also the above
      Barbara Diverall
      died 25th April 1892 aged 74 years.
      And their daughter
      Ann Smith Diverall
      died 10th July 1921 aged 70 years.

      ==================================

      Erected by
      William Diverall
      in loving memory
      of his beloved wife
      Elizabeth Dinnis
      who fell asleep resting on Jesus
      the 22nd day of November 1902
      aged 85 years
      The above
      William Diverall
      died 2nd December 1913
      aged 82 years

      In
      loving memory
      of
      William Gordon Diverall
      Book-keeper
      who died July 10th 1909
      aged 75 years
      also his son
      James
      who died Feb 19th 1873
      aged 4 years
      also
      Christian Johnston
      wife of the above
      who died November xxxxxx
      aged xx years

      Let me know in due course if you recognise any of the above or if
      any of the dates don't look quite right.

      If these graves are of interest then when the weather is a little
      better I will take proper pictures of them for you.

      Regards,

      Roy

      --- In Peterhead@yahoogroups.com, "Betty Holmes" <bede@...> wrote:

      > Thank you very much Roy. I look forward to receiving the
      information from the Toomstone. Betty.