Re: Alexander Henderson / Jessie Ann Taylor

  • roy_henderson_1955
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 24, 2007
      Thanks Catherine and Linda.

      I actually have them listed on the 1901 UK Census - living in
      Aberdeen with their children. They show as alive in 1908 at the
      marriage of one of their sons - that is the last firm mention I can
      find for either of them. The CWGC record for one of their sons does
      not identify either of them as deceased in 1918 but I don't know if
      this is reliable evidence of their still being alive at that point.

      Based very roughly on life expectancy within the branch, I would
      have expected them to die sometime between 1925 and 1940 at the
      extreme.

      I just find it strange for both of them to have vanished.

      What I may try is finding the burial details for Alexander
      Henderson's father - I have his death record in 1896. There is just
      a slight chance that the son might also be interred in the same lair
      which would give me a date and help to track down their details.

      Family History - Sometimes it's fun!

      Roy

      --- In Peterhead@yahoogroups.com, "Linda Adam" <taadam@...> wrote:

      > NameParent or spouse namesHome in 1900
      > (City,County,State)Birth YearBirthplaceRaceRelation
      >

      > Alexander HendersonJessie LNewark Ward 11, Essex, New JerseyABT
      1850
      > Scotland WhiteHead
      > Jessie L HendersonElizabeth,
      > AlexanderNewark Ward 11, Essex, New JerseyABT 1855 Scotland
      WhiteWife
      > Maggie HendersonAlexander,
      > Jessie LNewark Ward 11, Essex, New JerseyABT 1875 Scotland
      WhiteDaughter
      > Lizzie G HendersonAlexander,
      > Jessie LNewark Ward 11, Essex, New JerseyABT 1879 Scotland
      WhiteDaughter
      > Jean HendersonAlexander,
      > Jessie LNewark Ward 11, Essex, New JerseyABT 1882 Scotland
      WhiteDaughter
      > Agnes G HendersonAlexander,
      > Jessie LNewark Ward 11, Essex, New JerseyABT 1888 New Jersey
      WhiteDaughter
      > Jessie L GriesAlexander,
      > Jessie LNewark Ward 11, Essex, New JerseyABT 1884 New Jersey
      WhiteDaughter
      > Elizabeth TomerlinNewark Ward 11, Essex, New JerseyABT 1837
      Scotland
      > WhiteMother-in-law
      > Robert McQueenNewark Ward 11, Essex, New JerseyABT 1865 Scotland
      > WhiteBrother-in-law
      > Jessie GriesNewark Ward 11, Essex, New JerseyABT 1900 New Jersey
      > WhiteGranddaughter
      >

      > This was the U.S. 1900 Census data, Newark Ward 11, Essex, New
      Jersey.
      > Hope it is helpful to you Roy.
      > Linda Adam
      > Kitchener, Ontario