Re: [Peterhead] Re: Alexander Henderson / Jessie Ann Taylor

  • Cci
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 24, 2007
      Hi Roy,
      If you had'nt wirtten as below, "I'm starting to wonder if they moved out of Scotland", this might be them.

      1910 US census
      Essex, Newark, New Jersey
      Ward 11
      Alexander Henderson, 60, brn Scotland
      Jessie Henderson, 55, brn Scotland
      Jeane Henderson, 26, brn Scotland
      Agnes Henderson, 20, brn New Jersey
      Year of immigration 1883

      Catherine

      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 24, 2007
        NameParent or spouse namesHome in 1900
        (City,County,State)Birth YearBirthplaceRaceRelation

        Alexander HendersonJessie LNewark Ward 11, Essex, New JerseyABT 1850
        Scotland WhiteHead
        Jessie L HendersonElizabeth,
        AlexanderNewark Ward 11, Essex, New JerseyABT 1855 Scotland WhiteWife
        Maggie HendersonAlexander,
        Jessie LNewark Ward 11, Essex, New JerseyABT 1875 Scotland WhiteDaughter
        Lizzie G HendersonAlexander,
        Jessie LNewark Ward 11, Essex, New JerseyABT 1879 Scotland WhiteDaughter
        Jean HendersonAlexander,
        Jessie LNewark Ward 11, Essex, New JerseyABT 1882 Scotland WhiteDaughter
        Agnes G HendersonAlexander,
        Jessie LNewark Ward 11, Essex, New JerseyABT 1888 New Jersey WhiteDaughter
        Jessie L GriesAlexander,
        Jessie LNewark Ward 11, Essex, New JerseyABT 1884 New Jersey WhiteDaughter
        Elizabeth TomerlinNewark Ward 11, Essex, New JerseyABT 1837 Scotland
        WhiteMother-in-law
        Robert McQueenNewark Ward 11, Essex, New JerseyABT 1865 Scotland
        WhiteBrother-in-law
        Jessie GriesNewark Ward 11, Essex, New JerseyABT 1900 New Jersey
        WhiteGranddaughter

        This was the U.S. 1900 Census data, Newark Ward 11, Essex, New Jersey.
        Hope it is helpful to you Roy.
        Linda Adam
        Kitchener, Ontario

        I'm sacred to think how much money I have already spent at
        ScotlandsPeople ...

        I have found it very useful for many of my searches but have had no
        luck in tracing these two individuals. I'm starting to wonder if
        they moved out of Scotland before their deaths

        The records are knee-deep in Alexander Hendersons but trying to
        eliminate them is proving a costly exercise. In contrast, there
        appear to be very few Jessie Taylors but those I have found have all
        been wrong.

        I'm planning to write to Tony Blair complaining that we don't have
        fully-digitised records back to 1,000AD with a free automatic family
        history search program!

        :-)

        --- In Peterhead@yahoogroups.com, "Cci" <cci@...> wrote:

        > Hi Roy,
        > The dates you have quoted for deaths 1855 and up until 1956 are
        available at Scotlandspeople.
        > You can buy 30 credits for about $14 Aus. To print off a
        certificate takes 6 credits.
        > http://www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk/
        >
        > Good luck,
        > Catherine

        1/21/2007

      • roy_henderson_1955
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 24, 2007
          Thanks Catherine and Linda.

          I actually have them listed on the 1901 UK Census - living in
          Aberdeen with their children. They show as alive in 1908 at the
          marriage of one of their sons - that is the last firm mention I can
          find for either of them. The CWGC record for one of their sons does
          not identify either of them as deceased in 1918 but I don't know if
          this is reliable evidence of their still being alive at that point.

          Based very roughly on life expectancy within the branch, I would
          have expected them to die sometime between 1925 and 1940 at the
          extreme.

          I just find it strange for both of them to have vanished.

          What I may try is finding the burial details for Alexander
          Henderson's father - I have his death record in 1896. There is just
          a slight chance that the son might also be interred in the same lair
          which would give me a date and help to track down their details.

          Family History - Sometimes it's fun!

          Roy

          --- In Peterhead@yahoogroups.com, "Linda Adam" <taadam@...> wrote:

          > NameParent or spouse namesHome in 1900
          > (City,County,State)Birth YearBirthplaceRaceRelation
          >

          > Alexander HendersonJessie LNewark Ward 11, Essex, New JerseyABT
          1850
          > Scotland WhiteHead
          > Jessie L HendersonElizabeth,
          > AlexanderNewark Ward 11, Essex, New JerseyABT 1855 Scotland
          WhiteWife
          > Maggie HendersonAlexander,
          > Jessie LNewark Ward 11, Essex, New JerseyABT 1875 Scotland
          WhiteDaughter
          > Lizzie G HendersonAlexander,
          > Jessie LNewark Ward 11, Essex, New JerseyABT 1879 Scotland
          WhiteDaughter
          > Jean HendersonAlexander,
          > Jessie LNewark Ward 11, Essex, New JerseyABT 1882 Scotland
          WhiteDaughter
          > Agnes G HendersonAlexander,
          > Jessie LNewark Ward 11, Essex, New JerseyABT 1888 New Jersey
          WhiteDaughter
          > Jessie L GriesAlexander,
          > Jessie LNewark Ward 11, Essex, New JerseyABT 1884 New Jersey
          WhiteDaughter
          > Elizabeth TomerlinNewark Ward 11, Essex, New JerseyABT 1837
          Scotland
          > WhiteMother-in-law
          > Robert McQueenNewark Ward 11, Essex, New JerseyABT 1865 Scotland
          > WhiteBrother-in-law
          > Jessie GriesNewark Ward 11, Essex, New JerseyABT 1900 New Jersey
          > WhiteGranddaughter
          >

          > This was the U.S. 1900 Census data, Newark Ward 11, Essex, New
          Jersey.
          > Hope it is helpful to you Roy.
          > Linda Adam
          > Kitchener, Ontario