Re: [Peterhead] Alexander Henderson / Jessie Ann Taylor

  • Cci
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 23, 2007
      Hi Roy,
      The dates you have quoted for deaths 1855 and up until 1956 are available at Scotlandspeople.
      You can buy 30 credits for about $14 Aus. To print off a certificate takes 6 credits.
      http://www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk/

      Good luck,
      Catherine

      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 24, 2007
        Hi Catherine!

        I'm sacred to think how much money I have already spent at
        ScotlandsPeople ...

        I have found it very useful for many of my searches but have had no
        luck in tracing these two individuals. I'm starting to wonder if
        they moved out of Scotland before their deaths

        The records are knee-deep in Alexander Hendersons but trying to
        eliminate them is proving a costly exercise. In contrast, there
        appear to be very few Jessie Taylors but those I have found have all
        been wrong.

        I'm planning to write to Tony Blair complaining that we don't have
        fully-digitised records back to 1,000AD with a free automatic family
        history search program!

        :-)

        --- In Peterhead@yahoogroups.com, "Cci" <cci@...> wrote:

        > Hi Roy,
        > The dates you have quoted for deaths 1855 and up until 1956 are
        available at Scotlandspeople.
        > You can buy 30 credits for about $14 Aus. To print off a
        certificate takes 6 credits.
        > http://www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk/
        >
        > Good luck,
        > Catherine

        1/21/2007

      • Cci
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 24, 2007
          Hi Roy,
          If you had'nt wirtten as below, "I'm starting to wonder if they moved out of Scotland", this might be them.

          1910 US census
          Essex, Newark, New Jersey
          Ward 11
          Alexander Henderson, 60, brn Scotland
          Jessie Henderson, 55, brn Scotland
          Jeane Henderson, 26, brn Scotland
          Agnes Henderson, 20, brn New Jersey
          Year of immigration 1883

          1/21/2007

        • Linda Adam
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 24, 2007
            NameParent or spouse namesHome in 1900
            (City,County,State)Birth YearBirthplaceRaceRelation

            Alexander HendersonJessie LNewark Ward 11, Essex, New JerseyABT 1850
            Scotland WhiteHead
            Jessie L HendersonElizabeth,
            AlexanderNewark Ward 11, Essex, New JerseyABT 1855 Scotland WhiteWife
            Maggie HendersonAlexander,
            Jessie LNewark Ward 11, Essex, New JerseyABT 1875 Scotland WhiteDaughter
            Lizzie G HendersonAlexander,
            Jessie LNewark Ward 11, Essex, New JerseyABT 1879 Scotland WhiteDaughter
            Jean HendersonAlexander,
            Jessie LNewark Ward 11, Essex, New JerseyABT 1882 Scotland WhiteDaughter
            Agnes G HendersonAlexander,
            Jessie LNewark Ward 11, Essex, New JerseyABT 1888 New Jersey WhiteDaughter
            Jessie L GriesAlexander,
            Jessie LNewark Ward 11, Essex, New JerseyABT 1884 New Jersey WhiteDaughter
            Elizabeth TomerlinNewark Ward 11, Essex, New JerseyABT 1837 Scotland
            WhiteMother-in-law
            Robert McQueenNewark Ward 11, Essex, New JerseyABT 1865 Scotland
            WhiteBrother-in-law
            Jessie GriesNewark Ward 11, Essex, New JerseyABT 1900 New Jersey
            WhiteGranddaughter

            This was the U.S. 1900 Census data, Newark Ward 11, Essex, New Jersey.
            Hope it is helpful to you Roy.
            Linda Adam
            Kitchener, Ontario

            I'm sacred to think how much money I have already spent at
            ScotlandsPeople ...

            I have found it very useful for many of my searches but have had no
            luck in tracing these two individuals. I'm starting to wonder if
            they moved out of Scotland before their deaths

            The records are knee-deep in Alexander Hendersons but trying to
            eliminate them is proving a costly exercise. In contrast, there
            appear to be very few Jessie Taylors but those I have found have all
            been wrong.

            I'm planning to write to Tony Blair complaining that we don't have
            fully-digitised records back to 1,000AD with a free automatic family
            history search program!

            :-)

            --- In Peterhead@yahoogroups.com, "Cci" <cci@...> wrote:

            > Hi Roy,
            > The dates you have quoted for deaths 1855 and up until 1956 are
            available at Scotlandspeople.
            > You can buy 30 credits for about $14 Aus. To print off a
            certificate takes 6 credits.
            > http://www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk/
            >
            > Good luck,
            > Catherine

            1/21/2007

          • roy_henderson_1955
            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 24, 2007
              Thanks Catherine and Linda.

              I actually have them listed on the 1901 UK Census - living in
              Aberdeen with their children. They show as alive in 1908 at the
              marriage of one of their sons - that is the last firm mention I can
              find for either of them. The CWGC record for one of their sons does
              not identify either of them as deceased in 1918 but I don't know if
              this is reliable evidence of their still being alive at that point.

              Based very roughly on life expectancy within the branch, I would
              have expected them to die sometime between 1925 and 1940 at the
              extreme.

              I just find it strange for both of them to have vanished.

              What I may try is finding the burial details for Alexander
              Henderson's father - I have his death record in 1896. There is just
              a slight chance that the son might also be interred in the same lair
              which would give me a date and help to track down their details.

              Family History - Sometimes it's fun!

              Roy

              --- In Peterhead@yahoogroups.com, "Linda Adam" <taadam@...> wrote:

              > NameParent or spouse namesHome in 1900
              > (City,County,State)Birth YearBirthplaceRaceRelation
              >

              > Alexander HendersonJessie LNewark Ward 11, Essex, New JerseyABT
              1850
              > Scotland WhiteHead
              > Jessie L HendersonElizabeth,
              > AlexanderNewark Ward 11, Essex, New JerseyABT 1855 Scotland
              WhiteWife
              > Maggie HendersonAlexander,
              > Jessie LNewark Ward 11, Essex, New JerseyABT 1875 Scotland
              WhiteDaughter
              > Lizzie G HendersonAlexander,
              > Jessie LNewark Ward 11, Essex, New JerseyABT 1879 Scotland
              WhiteDaughter
              > Jean HendersonAlexander,
              > Jessie LNewark Ward 11, Essex, New JerseyABT 1882 Scotland
              WhiteDaughter
              > Agnes G HendersonAlexander,
              > Jessie LNewark Ward 11, Essex, New JerseyABT 1888 New Jersey
              WhiteDaughter
              > Jessie L GriesAlexander,
              > Jessie LNewark Ward 11, Essex, New JerseyABT 1884 New Jersey
              WhiteDaughter
              > Elizabeth TomerlinNewark Ward 11, Essex, New JerseyABT 1837
              Scotland
              > WhiteMother-in-law
              > Robert McQueenNewark Ward 11, Essex, New JerseyABT 1865 Scotland
              > WhiteBrother-in-law
              > Jessie GriesNewark Ward 11, Essex, New JerseyABT 1900 New Jersey
              > WhiteGranddaughter
              >

              > This was the U.S. 1900 Census data, Newark Ward 11, Essex, New
              Jersey.
              > Hope it is helpful to you Roy.
              > Linda Adam
              > Kitchener, Ontario