Re: Herd

    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 9, 1999
      males wrote:

      > I am researching HERD John Thomas born c1860, brothers David, Charles sons
      > of George. Have checked IGI and Scots Origins on the web but havent found
      > anything as yet. Can anyone make a suggestion.

      Do you have know when and where John married? If so do you have the
      marriage certificate? Have you looked for the parents marriage?

      Regards, Wade.
    • males
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 11, 1999
        HERD
        Thanks for your reply. I didnt mention that John Thomas and his brothers
        came to Australia c1880 and married in South Australia. All that I have
        found on Australian certificates (marriage) is that he was born in
        Peterhead and was the third son of George.
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 13, 1999
          > From: "males" <males@...>
          >
          > HERD
          > Thanks for your reply. I didnt mention that John Thomas and his brothers
          > came to Australia c1880 and married in South Australia. All that I have
          > found on Australian certificates (marriage) is that he was born in
          > Peterhead and was the third son of George.

          That makes it harder. It sounds like you might have to take a chance
          and look through the Peterhead 1861 census, which is available through
          any LDS Family History Centre or if you are a member of the Aberdeen &
          NE Scotland FHS they will do a search and printout (can not remember
          cost).

          Regards, Wade.
        • males
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 14, 1999
            Thanks for advice Wade, I am a member of Aberdeen & NE Scotland FHS and may
            contact them.
            Fran
            Western Australia