Re: CORDINER, James / ROBERTSON, Jane

  • roy_henderson_1955
    Message 1 of 19 , Jan 17, 2007
      Thanks Catherine!

      Strange there is no mention of Isabella. I have her marriage entry
      of 04-JUL-1873 to James Angus. She is aged 21 at that point which
      puts her birth around 1852. Her parents are listed as James
      Cordiner, Cooper and Jane Cordiner, ms Robertson.

      From her gravestone I have "Also his wife Isabella Cordiner died
      26th May 1931 aged 79 years" which again confirms the 1852 birth.

      Please don't tell me I have taken a wrong branch!

      Roy

      --- In Peterhead@yahoogroups.com, "Cci" <cci@...> wrote:

      > Hi Roy,
      > Welcome.
      > I'm not related to the Robertson's or Cordiner's.
      > from Catherine
      >
      > James Cordiner, Cooper in Peterhead and Jane Robertson
      > his wife a son James born 1 March 1845 bap 10 March 1845
      > before Alexander Cordiner snr and jnr
      >
      > James Cordiner, Cooper in Peterhead and Jane Robertson
      > his wife a son Alexander born 7 Nov 1847 bap 14 Nov 1847
      > before Alexander Cordiner and William Robertson
      >
      > James Cordiner, Cooper in Peterhead and jane Robertson
      > his wife a son Robertson born 27 Aug 1854 bap 20 Sept 1854
      > before William Robertson snr and jnr
      >
      > IGI
      > James b 1845
      > Alexander b 1847
      > Robertson b 1854
      > John b 1856
      >
      > 1851 census
      > Boddam
      > James Cordiner, Cooper, 32, born Boddam
      > Jane Cordiner, wfie, 31, born Peterhead
      > James Cordiner, son, 5, scholar, born Boddam
      > Alexander Cordiner, son, 3, born Boddam
      > Robertson Cordiner, son, 1, born Boddam
      >
      > 1861 census
      > 2 Brook Street, Peterhead
      > Jean Cordiner, head, 41, Coopers wife, born Peterhead
      > Alexander Cordiner, son, 13, Errand boy grocer, born Boddam
      > William Cordiner, son, 11, Errand boy grocer, born Peterhead
      > Robertson Cordiner, son, 7, scholar, born Peterhead
      > John Cordiner, son, 5, scholar, born Peterhead

      Isabella
      > b:1852, d:1931. In turn, I believe her parents to be CORDINER,
      James
      > b:c1920, d:1898 and ROBERTSON, Jane b:c1821, d:1907 and that is
      > where I am now concentrating.
      >
      > I notice there is already some information regarding CORDINER /
      > ROBERTSON in the archives so I guess there must be some distant
      > relatives in the membership.
      >
      > I took a walk through the kirkyard yesterday and eventually
      found
      > the grave for CORDINER / ROBERTSON. The inscription is still in
      very
      > good condition and would probably reproduce well in a photograph
      if
      > anyone is interested in one.
      >
      > I would appreciate any firm birth information regarding
      CORDINER,
      > James and ROBERTSON, Jane - at the moment I just have circa
      dates.

      > Equally, I would appreciate any information working back from
      them.

      > In return, if I can offer any local assistance such as physical
      > searches of the graveyards or photography then please let me
      know.

      > Regards,
      >
      > Roy

      1/16/2007

    • roy_henderson_1955
      Message 2 of 19 , Jan 17, 2007
        Thanks Steve!

        At the moment, I'm thinking my James Cordiner is the son of
        Alexander Cordiner b:c1790, d:c1842 and Christina/Christian Cordiner
        b:c1791, d:c1867.

        However, there appear to be so many Cordiners that I may well have
        that wrong, I have only recently started researching this particular
        line.

        I am planning to book some time with the local Registrar and do some
        searches of the burial records for both the Kirkyard and
        Constitution St and see what that may reveal.

        Sadly, some of the non-granite Kirkyard stones are now in a very
        poor condition with several of them having lost part or all of the
        surface layer - obviously taking the inscription with it. There are
        quite a few old stones which would be worth capturing before the
        inscriptions are lost forever - but that's not a task for January!

        Roy

        --- In Peterhead@yahoogroups.com, "Steve Broekmann" <lawmen@...>
        wrote:

        > Hi Roy,
        >
        > If your James CORDINER is related (perhaps the son) to James
        CORDINER b 8 Jan 1801 - also from Boddam - I have some more names
        and a poor quality photo of his sister (your ancestor's aunt?) Janet
        CORDINER b 24 Jul 1793.

        > Steve
        > Cape Town

      • Steve Broekmann
        Message 3 of 19 , Jan 17, 2007
          Hi Roy,

          I agree there is no shortage of CORDINERs. What is worse is that they seemed to intermarry and co-habit rather freely with the STEPHEN clan.

          Anyhow, I have a James CORDINER b c1827? who was the son of Alexander CORDINER and Mary ?. Alexander, in turn, was brother to both Christian (a female) and James b 1801.

          Let me know if you conclude that we connect.

          wrote:

          > Hi Roy,
          >
          > If your James CORDINER is related (perhaps the son) to James
          CORDINER b 8 Jan 1801 - also from Boddam - I have some more names
          and a poor quality photo of his sister (your ancestor's aunt?) Janet
          CORDINER b 24 Jul 1793.

          > Steve
          > Cape Town

        • Cci
          Message 4 of 19 , Jan 17, 2007
            1861 census

            14 Roanheads

            Christian Robertson, Head, 66, Seamans wife, born Fraserburgh
            Catharine Hutchison, sister in law, 64, Sailors wife, born Peterhead
            Isabella Cordiner, grand dau, 9, scholar, born Peterhead
            Isabella Brown, grand dau, 5, scholar, born Peterhead

            from
            Catherine

            Strange there is no mention of Isabella. I have her marriage entry
            of 04-JUL-1873 to James Angus. She is aged 21 at that point which
            puts her birth around 1852. Her parents are listed as James
            Cordiner, Cooper and Jane Cordiner, ms Robertson.

            From her gravestone I have "Also his wife Isabella Cordiner died
            26th May 1931 aged 79 years" which again confirms the 1852 birth.

            Please don't tell me I have taken a wrong branch!

            Roy

            --- In Peterhead@yahoogroups.com, "Cci" <cci@...> wrote:

            > Hi Roy,
            > Welcome.
            > I'm not related to the Robertson's or Cordiner's.
            > from Catherine
            >
            > James Cordiner, Cooper in Peterhead and Jane Robertson
            > his wife a son James born 1 March 1845 bap 10 March 1845
            > before Alexander Cordiner snr and jnr
            >
            > James Cordiner, Cooper in Peterhead and Jane Robertson
            > his wife a son Alexander born 7 Nov 1847 bap 14 Nov 1847
            > before Alexander Cordiner and William Robertson
            >
            > James Cordiner, Cooper in Peterhead and jane Robertson
            > his wife a son Robertson born 27 Aug 1854 bap 20 Sept 1854
            > before William Robertson snr and jnr
            >
            > IGI
            > James b 1845
            > Alexander b 1847
            > Robertson b 1854
            > John b 1856
            >
            > 1851 census
            > Boddam
            > James Cordiner, Cooper, 32, born Boddam
            > Jane Cordiner, wfie, 31, born Peterhead
            > James Cordiner, son, 5, scholar, born Boddam
            > Alexander Cordiner, son, 3, born Boddam
            > Robertson Cordiner, son, 1, born Boddam
            >
            > 1861 census
            > 2 Brook Street, Peterhead
            > Jean Cordiner, head, 41, Coopers wife, born Peterhead
            > Alexander Cordiner, son, 13, Errand boy grocer, born Boddam
            > William Cordiner, son, 11, Errand boy grocer, born Peterhead
            > Robertson Cordiner, son, 7, scholar, born Peterhead
            > John Cordiner, son, 5, scholar, born Peterhead

            1/16/2007

          • Cci
            Message 5 of 19 , Jan 17, 2007
              Hi Roy,
              Is this your James Angus's family.
              Catherine

              Alexander Angus, Labourer in Peterhead
              and Susan Connon his wife a son James
              born 8 Dec 1853 bap 4 Jan 1854
              before James Wallace and James Angus

              Alexander Angus, Labourer in Peterhead
              and Susan Connon his wife a son Alexander
              born 7 Dec 1851 bap 6 Jan 1852
              before James Angus and James Wallace

              Strange there is no mention of Isabella. I have her marriage entry
              of 04-JUL-1873 to James Angus. She is aged 21 at that point which
              puts her birth around 1852. Her parents are listed as James
              Cordiner, Cooper and Jane Cordiner, ms Robertson.

              From her gravestone I have "Also his wife Isabella Cordiner died
              26th May 1931 aged 79 years" which again confirms the 1852 birth.

              Please don't tell me I have taken a wrong branch!

              Roy

              --- In Peterhead@yahoogroups.com, "Cci" <cci@...> wrote:

              > Hi Roy,
              > Welcome.
              > I'm not related to the Robertson's or Cordiner's.
              > from Catherine
              >
              > James Cordiner, Cooper in Peterhead and Jane Robertson
              > his wife a son James born 1 March 1845 bap 10 March 1845
              > before Alexander Cordiner snr and jnr
              >
              > James Cordiner, Cooper in Peterhead and Jane Robertson
              > his wife a son Alexander born 7 Nov 1847 bap 14 Nov 1847
              > before Alexander Cordiner and William Robertson
              >
              > James Cordiner, Cooper in Peterhead and jane Robertson
              > his wife a son Robertson born 27 Aug 1854 bap 20 Sept 1854
              > before William Robertson snr and jnr
              >
              > IGI
              > James b 1845
              > Alexander b 1847
              > Robertson b 1854
              > John b 1856
              >
              > 1851 census
              > Boddam
              > James Cordiner, Cooper, 32, born Boddam
              > Jane Cordiner, wfie, 31, born Peterhead
              > James Cordiner, son, 5, scholar, born Boddam
              > Alexander Cordiner, son, 3, born Boddam
              > Robertson Cordiner, son, 1, born Boddam
              >
              > 1861 census
              > 2 Brook Street, Peterhead
              > Jean Cordiner, head, 41, Coopers wife, born Peterhead
              > Alexander Cordiner, son, 13, Errand boy grocer, born Boddam
              > William Cordiner, son, 11, Errand boy grocer, born Peterhead
              > Robertson Cordiner, son, 7, scholar, born Peterhead
              > John Cordiner, son, 5, scholar, born Peterhead

              1/16/2007

            • roy_henderson_1955
              Message 6 of 19 , Jan 18, 2007
                Hi Catherine,

                No, but they may be related.

                From a gravestone in the Kirkyard:

                "Erected by William Angus and his son James ...
                (Details of 4 children of William)
                .. Also the above William Angus
                died 1883 aged 85 years.
                .. Also his wife Ann Murrison
                died 1885 aged 76 years.
                Also 4 children of the above James Angus
                died in infancy.
                Also the above James Angus died 1929 aged 77 years.
                Also his wife Isabella Cordiner died 1931 aged 79 years."

                James Angus was a cooper. I have a couple of photographs of him.
                Towards the end of his life he used to operate the ferry across the
                Ugie for either a halfpenny or a penny fare. That was before the
                original Birnie Bridge was built across the river mouth.

                William Angus was variously described as a Labourer or Carter. It is
                perhaps possible he was a brother of the Alexander Angus you listed.

                Date:
                > 1/16/2007

                1/17/2007

              • Cci
                Message 7 of 19 , Jan 18, 2007
                  Got them,

                  William Angus, Carter in Peterhead
                  and Ann Muirson his wife a son William
                  born 1 May 1845 bap 1 June 1845
                  before the Free Church Congregation

                  William Angus, Carter in Peterhead
                  and Ann Muirson his wife a son James Muirson
                  born 30 Jan 1852 bap 29 Feb 1852
                  before the Free Church Congregation

                  William Angus, Carter in Peterhead
                  a son Arthur born 21 June 1843 bap 5 July 1843
                  before Arthur Muirson and Peter Beaton

                  Date:
                  > 1/16/2007

                  1/17/2007

                • Cci
                  Message 8 of 19 , Jan 18, 2007
                    1861 census
                    11 Cairntrodlie, Peterhead
                    William Angus, head, mar, 58, occ Drainage, born Longside
                    Ann Angus, wife, mar, 49, born Peterhead
                    James M. Angus, son, 9, scholar, born Peterhead
                    Margaret Angus, dau, 5, scholar, born Peterhead

                    Date:
                    > 1/16/2007

                    1/17/2007

                  • roy_henderson_1955
                    Message 9 of 19 , Jan 18, 2007
                      Excellent Catherine - thank you!

                      Interesting that there is a spelling variation on Ann's surname. I
                      have always had that as Murrison rather than Muirson.

                      Three of William's children died either in infancy or early
                      childhood whilst a fourth, Edward, died on a voyage to New Zealand.
                      I don't have any details yet regarding the vessel or whether or not
                      he was a passenger travelling to NZ or if he was a member of the
                      crew.

                      James went on to lose 5 children - 4 in infancy and the 5th, Murdoch
                      McLeod Angus, KIA in France in June 1918 aged 34. His body is
                      interred in France but there is a headstone in the Kirkyard to him
                      and also to my g-grandfather, George Reid Henderson, who was KIA in
                      France in July 1918 aged 34.

                      Where did you find birth/baptism information?

                      Date:
                      > 1/17/2007

                      1/17/2007

                    • Cci
                      Message 10 of 19 , Jan 18, 2007
                        Hi Roy,
                        Ancestry.
                        Is there anything else you need looked up, not promising I can find it.
                        Catherine

                        Date:
                        > 1/17/2007

                        1/17/2007

                      • roy_henderson_1955
                        Message 11 of 19 , Jan 18, 2007
                          That's a very dangerous offer Catherine! I'll send you my list of
                          104 names from my tree database shall I?

                          Seriously however, thank you for the assistance so far and also the
                          offer - most appreciated. I'm going to update and review my database
                          and then I may well come back with a request if that's ok.

                          Thanks,

                          Date:
                          > 1/17/2007

                          1/17/2007

                        • Celtic Mist
                          Message 12 of 19 , Jan 24, 2007
                            My James CORDINER & Christian DANIEL Courtesty Of Cousin, Thanks Ken

                            2. Christian DANIEL (b.Abt 1812-,Cruden,Aberdeen,Scotland)

                            sp: James CORDINER (b.Abt 1810-,,Aberdeen,Scotland;m.25 Jan 1834)

                            3. James CORDINER (b.24 Feb 1835-,Cruden,Aberdeen,Scotland)

                            3. Isabella CORDINER (b.24 Aug 1836-,Cruden,Aberdeen,Scotland)

                            3. Christian CORDINER (b.15 Jun 1839-,Cruden,Aberdeen,Scotland)

                            3. Elizabeth CORDINER (b.16 Aug 1841-,Cruden,Aberdeen,Scotland)

                            sp: William MURRAY (b.Abt 1841-,Peterhead,Aberdeen,Scotland;m.24 Jul 1866

                            Does This Help Any One?

                            Strange there is no mention of Isabella. I have her marriage entry
                            of 04-JUL-1873 to James Angus. She is aged 21 at that point which
                            puts her birth around 1852. Her parents are listed as James
                            Cordiner, Cooper and Jane Cordiner, ms Robertson.

                            From her gravestone I have "Also his wife Isabella Cordiner died
                            26th May 1931 aged 79 years" which again confirms the 1852 birth.

                            Please don't tell me I have taken a wrong branch!

                            Roy

                            --- In Peterhead@yahoogrou ps.com, "Cci" <cci@...> wrote:

                            > Hi Roy,
                            > Welcome.
                            > I'm not related to the Robertson's or Cordiner's.
                            > from Catherine
                            >
                            > James Cordiner, Cooper in Peterhead and Jane Robertson
                            > his wife a son James born 1 March 1845 bap 10 March 1845
                            > before Alexander Cordiner snr and jnr
                            >
                            > James Cordiner, Cooper in Peterhead and Jane Robertson
                            > his wife a son Alexander born 7 Nov 1847 bap 14 Nov 1847
                            > before Alexander Cordiner and William Robertson
                            >
                            > James Cordiner, Cooper in Peterhead and jane Robertson
                            > his wife a son Robertson born 27 Aug 1854 bap 20 Sept 1854
                            > before William Robertson snr and jnr
                            >
                            > IGI
                            > James b 1845
                            > Alexander b 1847
                            > Robertson b 1854
                            > John b 1856
                            >
                            > 1851 census
                            > Boddam
                            > James Cordiner, Cooper, 32, born Boddam
                            > Jane Cordiner, wfie, 31, born Peterhead
                            > James Cordiner, son, 5, scholar, born Boddam
                            > Alexander Cordiner, son, 3, born Boddam
                            > Robertson Cordiner, son, 1, born Boddam
                            >
                            > 1861 census
                            > 2 Brook Street, Peterhead
                            > Jean Cordiner, head, 41, Coopers wife, born Peterhead
                            > Alexander Cordiner, son, 13, Errand boy grocer, born Boddam
                            > William Cordiner, son, 11, Errand boy grocer, born Peterhead
                            > Robertson Cordiner, son, 7, scholar, born Peterhead
                            > John Cordiner, son, 5, scholar, born Peterhead

                            1/16/2007

                            Checked by AVG Free Edition.

                          • Jen
                            Message 13 of 19 , Jan 31, 2007
                              Hi,

                              I don't suppose you know who Christian Daniel's parents were. Mine was the daughter of William Daniel and Christian Robertson. Not sure when she was born. It was her brother, James Daniel born 1810, Cruden, who was my direct ancestor so I am just looking for possible links with anyone who may know more about the family.

                              Cheers,

                              Jen

                              Strange there is no mention of Isabella. I have her marriage entry
                              of 04-JUL-1873 to James Angus. She is aged 21 at that point which
                              puts her birth around 1852. Her parents are listed as James
                              Cordiner, Cooper and Jane Cordiner, ms Robertson.

                              From her gravestone I have "Also his wife Isabella Cordiner died
                              26th May 1931 aged 79 years" which again confirms the 1852 birth.

                              Please don't tell me I have taken a wrong branch!

                              Roy

                              --- In Peterhead@yahoogrou ps.com, "Cci" <cci@...> wrote:

                              > Hi Roy,
                              > Welcome.
                              > I'm not related to the Robertson's or Cordiner's.
                              > from Catherine
                              >
                              > James Cordiner, Cooper in Peterhead and Jane Robertson
                              > his wife a son James born 1 March 1845 bap 10 March 1845
                              > before Alexander Cordiner snr and jnr
                              >
                              > James Cordiner, Cooper in Peterhead and Jane Robertson
                              > his wife a son Alexander born 7 Nov 1847 bap 14 Nov 1847
                              > before Alexander Cordiner and William Robertson
                              >
                              > James Cordiner, Cooper in Peterhead and jane Robertson
                              > his wife a son Robertson born 27 Aug 1854 bap 20 Sept 1854
                              > before William Robertson snr and jnr
                              >
                              > IGI
                              > James b 1845
                              > Alexander b 1847
                              > Robertson b 1854
                              > John b 1856
                              >
                              > 1851 census
                              > Boddam
                              > James Cordiner, Cooper, 32, born Boddam
                              > Jane Cordiner, wfie, 31, born Peterhead
                              > James Cordiner, son, 5, scholar, born Boddam
                              > Alexander Cordiner, son, 3, born Boddam
                              > Robertson Cordiner, son, 1, born Boddam
                              >
                              > 1861 census
                              > 2 Brook Street, Peterhead
                              > Jean Cordiner, head, 41, Coopers wife, born Peterhead
                              > Alexander Cordiner, son, 13, Errand boy grocer, born Boddam
                              > William Cordiner, son, 11, Errand boy grocer, born Peterhead
                              > Robertson Cordiner, son, 7, scholar, born Peterhead
                              > John Cordiner, son, 5, scholar, born Peterhead

                              1/16/2007

                              Checked by AVG Free Edition.

                            • Celtic Mist
                              Message 14 of 19 , Feb 1 4:29 AM
                                Jen Does This Help

                                1. Alexander DANIEL (b.Est 1770-,,Aberdeen,Scotland)

                                sp: Christian CASTLE (b.Est 1770-,,Aberdeen,Scotland;m.2 May 1795)

                                2. Anne DANIEL (c.20 May 1796-,Longside,Aberdeen,Scotland)

                                2. Robert DANIEL (c.26 Jan 1798-,Longside,Aberdeen,Scotland)

                                2. Margaret DANIEL (c.7 Jan 1800-,Longside,Aberdeen,Scotland;d.10 Oct 1878-,Cruden,Aberdeen,Scotland)

                                sp: James ROBERTSON (b.Abt 1800-,,Aberdeen,Scotland;m.22 Jan 1839;d.1840/1878-,,Aberdeen,Scotland)

                                3. Margaret ROBERTSON (b.26 Jun 1840-,Cruden,Aberdeen,Scotland)

                                2. Alexander DANIEL (c.8 Sep 1802-,Longside,Aberdeen,Scotland;d.26 Dec 1874-,Cruden,Aberdeen,Scotland)

                                sp: Jean ROBB (b.Abt 1808/1811-,Cruden,Aberdeen,Scotland;m.29 Aug 1836;d.27 May 1903-Aberdeen,SM,A,Scotland)

                                3. Alexander DANIEL (b.Abt 1831-,,Aberdeen,Scotland)

                                3. George DANIEL (b.Abt 1834-,Cruden,Aberdeen,Scotland;d.1877/1881-,,Aberdeen,Scotland)

                                sp: Harriet HALL (b.15 Jul 1833-,Old Deer,Aberdeen,Scotland;m.29 May 1858;d.1901-Boddam,,Aberdeen,Scotland)

                                4. Margaret Robb DANIEL (b.19 Dec 1858-,Peterhead,Aberdeen,Scotland)

                                sp: UNKNOWN

                                5. James ROBB (b.11 Jul 1878-Stirling Hill,Peterhead,Aberdeen,Scotland)

                                4. Janet Addison DANIEL (b.30 Jan 1861-,Peterhead,Aberdeen,Scotland;d.28 May 1937-Sherbrooke,,Quebec,Canada)

                                sp: Alexander DUNCAN (m.Not married)

                                5. Isabella Shepherd DANIEL (b.11 Mar 1879-Stirling Hill,Peterhead,A,Scotland;d.9 Jan 1962-Regina,,S,Canada)

                                sp: William John YOUNGSON (b.Abt 1877-,Lonmay,A,Scotland;m.29 Dec 1897;d.6 Feb 1955-,,S,Canada)

                                6. William John YOUNGSON (b.28 Jun 1898-Aberdeen,,Aberdeen,Scotland;d.16 Mar 1976-Regina,,S,Canada)

                                sp: Eula Winifred WEBSTER (b.Abt 1902;m.Apr 1922;d.May 1988-,,Saskatchewan,Canada)

                                6. Leslie George Daniel YOUNGSON (b.1901-,,,Ireland;d.26 May 1979-,,,Canada)

                                sp: Muriel ARMSTRONG

                                6. Herbert YOUNGSON (b.1904-Arcola,,Saskatchewan,Canada;d.Oct 1959-,,,Canada)

                                sp: Alice DANIEL

                                6. Alexander YOUNGSON

                                sp: William James THOMSON (b.25 Oct 1862-,Longside,A,Scotland;m.31 May 1884;d.28 Aug 1927-Newport,O,V,USA)

                                5. Isabella Shepherd DANIEL (b.11 Mar 1879-Stirling Hill,Peterhead,A,Scotland;d.9 Jan 1962-) ** Printed on Page 1 **

                                5. Mary Ellen THOMSON (b.7 Jun 1883-,Lonmay,Aberdeen,Scotland;d.7 Jan 1961-Aberdeen,,Aberdeen,Scotland)

                                sp: Thomas SHAND (b.12 Aug 1869-,Belhelvie,A,Scotland;m.Not married;d.26 May 1929-Glasgow,P,L,Scotland)

                                6. Jessie Ann Shand THOMSON (b.5 Jul 1902-,Belhelvie,Aberdeen,Scotland;d.22 Jan 1971-Stirling,,S,Scotland)

                                sp: Charles COULL (b.13 May 1899-D,F,K,Scotland;m.17 Jun 1921;d.15 Dec 1952-RH,Fordoun,K,Scotland)

                                sp: Robert HADDEN (m.Abt 1959)

                                sp: William Fowlie ADAMS (b.Abt 1875-,Ythan Wells,A,Scotland;m.1910;d.18 Sep 1954-Aberdeen,,A,Scotland)

                                6. Jessie Ann Shand THOMSON (b.5 Jul 1902-,Belhelvie,A,Scotland;d.22 Jan 1971-) ** Printed on Page 1 **

                                6. Jean ADAMS (b.Abt 1902-,,,Scotland)

                                sp: Stewart CRIGGIE (d.Bef 1946-,,,Scotland)

                                sp: James WILSON (b.Abt 1898-,,,Scotland;m.15 Feb 1946)

                                6. Charles ADAMS (b.Abt 1906-,,,Scotland;d.Bef 17 Nov 1954-,,,Scotland)

                                sp: Elizabeth (b.Abt 1910-,,,Scotland;d.25 Oct 1997-,,,Scotland)

                                6. William ADAMS (d.Bef 1939-Milnathort,,Fife,Scotland)

                                sp: Isabella (d.Bef 1939-Milnathort,,Fife,Scotland)

                                6. Mabel Patricia ADAMS (b.10 May 1908-Aberdeen,SN,Aberdeen,Scotland;d.12 May 1996-G,,York,England)

                                Descendants of Alexander DANIEL

                                Page 2

                                sp: Edward BRECKON (b.Abt 1921-,,,England;m.11 Apr 1942)

                                5. William THOMSON (b.Oct 1884-,,Aberdeen,Scotland;d.3 Mar 1907-at sea)

                                5. George THOMSON (b.Dec 1886-,,Aberdeen,Scotland;d.Jan 1887-,,Aberdeen,Scotland)

                                5. Alexander THOMSON (b.4 Jan 1888-,Pitsligo,Aberdeen,Scotland;d.28 Nov 1949-Manhattan,,New York,USA)

                                sp: Lillian Ann STUART (b.2 May 1895-,KE,A,Scotland;m.4 Jun 1915;d.26 Aug 1969-St. Cloud,,Minnesota,USA)

                                6. Helen Isabella THOMSON (b.22 Mar 1916-Aberdeen,,Aberdeen,Scotland;d.7 Nov 1996-Palm Springs,,C,USA)

                                sp: Peter Boyle SLOAN (b.27 Mar 1909-Carluke,,L,Scotland;m.27 Jun 1934;d.Oct 1982-NV,Tioga,NY,USA)

                                6. Jessie Daniel THOMSON (b.29 Jan 1920-Beebe,,Quebec,Canada;d.20 Sep 1989-,,,USA)

                                sp: Thomas RAE (b.17 Mar 1901;d.Oct 1980-Owego,Tioga,New York,USA)

                                6. Alexander THOMSON (b.13 Mar 1922-Beebe,,Quebec,Canada)

                                sp: Katherine FEDOCK (b.17 Nov 1919;m.9 Mar 1945;d.2 Jan 1988-Elizabeth,Union,New Jersey,USA)

                                6. William James THOMSON (b.21 May 1923-North Derby,,Vermont,USA;d.19 Jul 2006-New Brunswick,,NJ,USA)

                                sp: Lorraine Magdalenia FISHER (b.4 May 1928-,,,USA;m.8 Oct 1945)

                                6. Arthur Edward THOMSON (b.1 Jun 1925-Kirby,,Vermont,USA;d.12 Jun 2002-,,,USA)

                                sp: Eleanor Learria PIENKOWSKI (b.6 Nov 1922;m.10 Jun 1950;d.11 Jan 1983-,,,USA)

                                sp: Patricia Ann BRADY (m.25 Feb 1984)

                                6. Robert THOMSON (b.15 Jan 1928-Olyphant,,Pennsylvania,USA;d.3 Apr 1987-San Fernando,,California,USA)

                                sp: Teresa Margaret TURLEY (b.12 Jun 1929-,,,USA;m.12 Jun 1948)

                                6. John Albert THOMSON (b.9 Mar 1929-Olyphant,,Pennsylvania,USA)

                                sp: Gwendolynne Mae HIXSON (b.Aug 1934-Pittsburgh,,Pennsylvania,USA;m.(Div))

                                sp: Judith Grace MEYERS

                                sp: Rosa Armida MARTINEZ (b.15 Sep 1923-Jama,,,Ecuador;m.3 Jun 1978)

                                6. Walter THOMSON (b.24 Jul 1931-Scranton,,Pennsylvania,USA;d.13 Feb 2006-Norfolk,,Virginia,USA)

                                sp: Joan CUNNINGHAM (m.17 Jan 1962)

                                6. Lorraine Mary THOMSON (b.4 Nov 1938-Scranton,,Pennsylvania,USA)

                                sp: Myles John ELWELL (b.19 May 1936-Oak Park,,Minnesota,USA;m.27 Jul 1957(Div))

                                sp: Duane Aldin DUNDAS (m.4 Aug 1990;d.4 Aug 1990-Long Beach,,California,USA)

                                5. Harriet Elizabeth THOMSON (b.1891-Aberdeen,Saint Nicholas,A,Scotland;d.21 Oct 1938-Sherbrooke,,Q,Canada)

                                sp: UNKNOWN

                                6. James THOMSON (b.21 Jun 1915-,,,Canada;d.10 May 2003-Gravenhurst,,Ontario,Canada)

                                sp: Anne JAMES (d.7 May 1977-,,Ontario,Canada)

                                sp: George Alexander KENNETT

                                6. James THOMSON (b.21 Jun 1915-,,,Canada;d.10 May 2003-Gravenhurst,,O,Canada) ** Printed on Page 2 **

                                6. George Alexander KENNETT Jr. (b.3 Feb 1920-St. Gerard,,Quebec,Canada)

                                sp: Mary SCRIVEN (m.(Div))

                                sp: Elizabeth Barbara OTTOWAY (b.21 Sep 1927-Toronto,,Ontario,Canada;m.10 Sep 1954)

                                6. KENNETT (b.3 Feb 1920-St. Gerard,,Quebec,Canada;d.1920-St. Gerard,,Quebec,Canada)

                                5. John THOMSON (b.8 Apr 1893-Stirling Hill,Peterhead,Aberdeen,Scotland;d.9 Apr 1917-killed in action)

                                5. Georgina THOMSON (b.12 Oct 1895-Aberdeen,,Aberdeen,Scotland;d.12 Oct 1980-Sherbrooke,,Quebec,Canada)

                                sp: James Smith WILSON (b.20 Sep 1891-,OM,A,Scotland;m.22 Jun 1917;d.4 Apr 1939-Beebe,,Quebec,Canada)

                                6. James WILSON (b.8 Oct 1917-Beebe,,Quebec,Canada;d.28 Apr 1981-Sherbrooke,,Quebec,Canada)

                                sp: Ruth Viola REDIKER (m.15 Aug 1942)

                                6. Mary Helene WILSON (b.20 Dec 1918-Beebe,,Quebec,Canada;d.3 Feb 1975-Victoria,,British Columbia,Canada)

                                Descendants of Alexander DANIEL

                                Page 3

                                sp: Donald James DOBBIE (m.26 Jul 1946)

                                6. Alexander Riddel WILSON (b.27 Aug 1920-Beebe,,Quebec,Canada;d.10 May 1928-Beebe,,Quebec,Canada)

                                6. John Andrew WILSON (b.28 Jan 1925-Beebe,,Quebec,Canada;d.18 Aug 2005-Stanstead,,Quebec,Canada)

                                sp: Stella Rowena LORIMER

                                sp: Elane Percival HUNTER (b.20 Jun 1931-Knowlton,,Quebec,Canada;m.3 Sep 1955)

                                6. George WILSON (b.16 Jul 1931-Beebe,,Quebec,Canada;d.16 Jul 1931-Beebe,,Quebec,Canada)

                                6. Patricia Ann WILSON (b.13 Apr 1934-Beebe,,Quebec,Canada)

                                sp: Robert Arthur STEVENSON (m.31 Jul 1953;d.19 Apr 1997-Oshawa,,Ontario,Canada)

                                5. James Robert THOMSON (b.Jan 1897-,,,Scotland;d.25 Nov 1921-Beebe,,Quebec,Canada)

                                5. THOMSON (b.Jan 1897-,,,Scotland;d.Jan 1897-,,,Scotland)

                                5. Andrew THOMSON (b.Jun 1899-Aberdeen,,Aberdeen,Scotland;d.Dec 1910)

                                5. Margaret Jessie THOMSON (b.18 Mar 1902-Newry,,Down,Ireland;d.26 Jan 1987-Manhattan,,New York,USA)

                                sp: Walter Francis Theadore SCHULZE (b.7 Sep 1897-Goettingen,,,Germany;m.18 Jul 1925;d.20 May 1967-)

                                4. Mary Ann DANIEL (b.26 Jul 1863-,Peterhead,Aberdeen,Scotland)

                                sp: James GRANT (b.28 Jun 1856-,Glenmuick,Aberdeen,Scotland;m.13 Jun 1891)

                                5. James GRANT (b.Abt 1885-,Peterhead,Aberdeen,Scotland)

                                4. Harriet DANIEL (b.5 Oct 1865-,Peterhead,Aberdeen,Scotland)

                                4. George DANIEL (b.5 Jul 1868-,Peterhead,Aberdeen,Scotland)

                                4. Alexander DANIEL (b.31 May 1870-,Peterhead,Aberdeen,Scotland)

                                4. William DANIEL (b.10 Jun 1873-,Peterhead,Aberdeen,Scotland)

                                sp: Florence WATSON

                                4. John DANIEL (b.Abt 1877-,Peterhead,Aberdeen,Scotland)

                                sp: Christina MUTCH

                                5. Alice DANIEL

                                sp: Herbert YOUNGSON (b.1904-Arcola,,Saskatchewan,Canada;d.Oct 1959-,,,Canada)

                                5. Alexander DANIEL (b.Abt 1909-,,,Ireland)

                                sp: Eleanor CLIFFORD

                                3. James DANIEL (b.Abt 1836-,,Aberdeen,Scotland)

                                3. Christian DANIEL (b.Abt 1837-,,Aberdeen,Scotland)

                                sp: James SLESSOR (m.2 Jan 1858)

                                4. Jean Robb SLESSOR (b.5 Feb 1858-,Peterhead,Aberdeen,Scotland)

                                4. Christian SLESSOR (b.3 Jun 1859-,Cruden,Aberdeen,Scotland)

                                sp: William CAMERON (b.Abt 1844-,Cluny,Aberdeen,Scotland)

                                5. Christina CAMERON (b.Abt 1877-,Cruden,Aberdeen,Scotland)

                                5. William CAMERON (b.Abt 1878-,Cruden,Aberdeen,Scotland)

                                5. Jane CAMERON (b.Abt 1880-,Cruden,Aberdeen,Scotland)

                                4. Robert SLESSOR (b.3 Nov 1860-,Cruden,Aberdeen,Scotland)

                                4. Alexander SLESSOR (b.8 Jan 1864-,Cruden,Aberdeen,Scotland)

                                sp: Agnes HENDERSON (m.3 Dec 1886)

                                5. Thomas George SLESSOR (b.27 Mar 1893-,Cruden,Aberdeen,Scotland)

                                3. Margaret DANIEL (c.20 Jun 1838-,Cruden,Aberdeen,Scotland)

                                3. Anne DANIEL (c.20 Jun 1838-,Cruden,Aberdeen,Scotland)

                                sp: George SMITH (m.Not married)

                                Descendants of Alexander DANIEL

                                Page 4

                                4. Margaret SMITH (b.5 Sep 1871-,Cruden,Aberdeen,Scotland)

                                3. Robert DANIEL (b.24 Mar 1840-,Cruden,Aberdeen,Scotland)

                                3. John DANIEL (b.3 Apr 1844-,Cruden,Aberdeen,Scotland)

                                3. William DANIEL (b.9 Sep 1849-,Cruden,Aberdeen,Scotland;d.1875/1881-,,Aberdeen,Scotland)

                                sp: Ann MUTCH (b.22 Jul 1850-,Peterhead,Aberdeen,Scotland;m.11 Jun 1874)

                                4. Williamina Mary DANIEL (b.Abt 1876-,Peterhead,Aberdeen,Scotland)

                                3. Robert DANIEL (b.Abt 1851-,Cruden,Aberdeen,Scotland)

                                2. John DANIEL (c.4 Oct 1807-,Cruden,Aberdeen,Scotland)

                                2. Christian DANIEL (b.Abt 1812-,Cruden,Aberdeen,Scotland)

                                sp: James CORDINER (b.Abt 1810-,,Aberdeen,Scotland;m.25 Jan 1834)

                                3. James CORDINER (b.24 Feb 1835-,Cruden,Aberdeen,Scotland)

                                3. Isabella CORDINER (b.24 Aug 1836-,Cruden,Aberdeen,Scotland)

                                3. Christian CORDINER (b.15 Jun 1839-,Cruden,Aberdeen,Scotland)

                                3. Elizabeth CORDINER (b.16 Aug 1841-,Cruden,Aberdeen,Scotland)

                                sp: William MURRAY (b.Abt 1841-,Peterhead,Aberdeen,Scotland;m.24 Jul 1866)

                                4. Eliza Cordiner MURRAY (b.22 Apr 1867-,Peterhead,Aberdeen,Scotland)

                                4. Christian Daniel MURRAY (b.27 Mar 1868-,Peterhead,Aberdeen,Scotland)

                                4. William MURRAY (b.6 Apr 1869-,Peterhead,Aberdeen,Scotland)

                                3. Agnes CORDINER (b.17 Jan 1845-,Cruden,Aberdeen,Scotland)

                                I don't suppose you know who Christian Daniel's parents were. Mine was the daughter of William Daniel and Christian Robertson. Not sure when she was born. It was her brother, James Daniel born 1810, Cruden, who was my direct ancestor so I am just looking for possible links with anyone who may know more about the family.

                                Cheers,

                                Jen

                                Strange there is no mention of Isabella. I have her marriage entry
                                of 04-JUL-1873 to James Angus. She is aged 21 at that point which
                                puts her birth around 1852. Her parents are listed as James
                                Cordiner, Cooper and Jane Cordiner, ms Robertson.

                                From her gravestone I have "Also his wife Isabella Cordiner died
                                26th May 1931 aged 79 years" which again confirms the 1852 birth.

                                Please don't tell me I have taken a wrong branch!

                                Roy

                                --- In Peterhead@yahoogrou ps.com, "Cci" <cci@...> wrote:

                                > Hi Roy,
                                > Welcome.
                                > I'm not related to the Robertson's or Cordiner's.
                                > from Catherine
                                >
                                > James Cordiner, Cooper in Peterhead and Jane Robertson
                                > his wife a son James born 1 March 1845 bap 10 March 1845
                                > before Alexander Cordiner snr and jnr
                                >
                                > James Cordiner, Cooper in Peterhead and Jane Robertson
                                > his wife a son Alexander born 7 Nov 1847 bap 14 Nov 1847
                                > before Alexander Cordiner and William Robertson
                                >
                                > James Cordiner, Cooper in Peterhead and jane Robertson
                                > his wife a son Robertson born 27 Aug 1854 bap 20 Sept 1854
                                > before William Robertson snr and jnr
                                >
                                > IGI
                                > James b 1845
                                > Alexander b 1847
                                > Robertson b 1854
                                > John b 1856
                                >
                                > 1851 census
                                > Boddam
                                > James Cordiner, Cooper, 32, born Boddam
                                > Jane Cordiner, wfie, 31, born Peterhead
                                > James Cordiner, son, 5, scholar, born Boddam
                                > Alexander Cordiner, son, 3, born Boddam
                                > Robertson Cordiner, son, 1, born Boddam
                                >
                                > 1861 census
                                > 2 Brook Street, Peterhead
                                > Jean Cordiner, head, 41, Coopers wife, born Peterhead
                                > Alexander Cordiner, son, 13, Errand boy grocer, born Boddam
                                > William Cordiner, son, 11, Errand boy grocer, born Peterhead
                                > Robertson Cordiner, son, 7, scholar, born Peterhead
                                > John Cordiner, son, 5, scholar, born Peterhead

                                1/16/2007

                                Checked by AVG Free Edition.

                                Do you Yahoo!?
                                http://new.mail yahoo.com

                              • Celtic Mist
                                Message 15 of 19 , Feb 8 10:18 AM
                                  i hve no further information at this time however i forwarded it to my cousin who supplied me the other information i have sent