McConnachy

  • mcconnking
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 4, 2007
      Hello. I am doing my family tree research. I am particularly interested
      in my my great, great grandfather who I believe he was born in
      Peterhead in either 1842 or 1846.

      I believe his father was John McConnachy and that he may have had at
      least one brother maybe called John or James. I also believe that Peter
      was a shipwright or carpenter.

      I haven't been able to check the census for Peterhead in 1851 or 1861
      to see if Peter was indeed from Peterhead.

      Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.
    • M La Rooij
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 4, 2007
        The FreeBDM now has Peterhead online. There is a large McCONNACHY family listed at the Bridge of Don, born Peterhead. Father John in the Coast Guard.

        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 5, 2007
          1851 census Old Machar
          address Coastguard Station,
          Bridge of Don, Old Machar

          John McConnachy, 44, Boatman Coastguard, born Argyllshire
          Mary McConnachy, 39, b Peterhead
          Helen McConnachy, 16, b Peterhead
          John McConnachy, 15, b Peterhead
          Robert McConnachy, 14, b Peterhead
          Alexander McConnachy, 11, b Peterhead
          Peter McConnachy, 9, b Peterhead
          Jane B. McConnachy, 7, b Peterhead
          Mary McConnachy, 5, b Peterhead
          James McConnachy, 1, b Old Machar

          1861 census
          8 Fish Street,
          St. Nicholas

          John McConnachie, 56, Costguard, b Saddle Argyll
          Mary McConnachie, 50, b Peterhead
          Ellen McConnachie, dau, 27, Milliner, b Peterhead
          Robert McConnachie, son, 23, General clerk
          Alexander McConnachie, son, 21, Ship carpenter, b Peterhead
          Peter McConnachie, son, 19, Sip carpenter, b Peterhead
          Jane McConnachie, dau, 16, Housekeeper, b Peterhead
          Mary McConnachie, dau, 14, b Peterhead
          James McConnachie, son, 11, b Old Machar
          Margaret McConnachie, dau, 8, b Old Machar
          Archibald McConnachie, son, 6, b Old Machar

          Catherine