RE: [Peterhead] Re: FUILLET

  • whyteres
    Message 1 of 19 , Nov 14, 2006
      Hi Alison,

      My GGrandfather Alexander Whyte was born illegitimately and I have had
      trouble proving which Alexander Whyte was his father. Through my research I
      have found a relation that had information from her mother that Alexander
      Whyte, my GGrandfather had two brothers, a bus driver and a Shop Owner.

      I understand that James Whyte who married Mary Fuillet on 25th March 1891
      owned a shop in Peterhead and his brother was a bus driver. I was hoping
      that you may know something of this extension of the family and could
      confirm the shop ownership in Marischal Street. My interests are really the
      Whytes but I was hoping you may know information about Mary Fuillet and her
      children to confirm information I have. This will in turn confirm for me
      that I have thr right Alexander Whyte as my GGGrandfather.

      I hope this makes sense and that you can help me.

      with my best wishes from a very dry South Australia.

      Colin Whyte
      1 Cormorant Way
      Mawson Lakes, South Australia. 5095

      Phone: 61 8260 7524 (home)
      Message 2 of 19 , Nov 14, 2006
        The wee grocery shop was on the south side of Marischal Street and we knew it as Mrs. Whyte's. It was on the east side of the close that led into a stable, Peter's Chip Shop was on the other side of the close. These shops were just a few doors east of the Regal Picture House.
        I went to school at the same time as Fuillet White and althogh not in his class I did know him.My time at school was 1939-1948.

        Jim Adams
        Calgary Albeta

        Message 3 of 19 , Nov 15, 2006
          Many, many thanks for the information Jim.

          with my best wishes,

          Message 4 of 19 , Jan 2, 2007
            A little belated Alison but many thanks. I appreciate your efforts.

            with my best wishes,

            Colin Whyte
            Mawson Lakes, South Australia. 5095