Re: [Peterhead] Fuillet surname

  • Ray Hennessy
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 6, 2006
      Hi Jayston

      Welcome to the group.

      FUILLET isn't in my books of Surnames. I would
      suggest you have a look at the original film. It may
      be a mis-transcription by one of the 10,000 LDS
      volunteers. FULLER looks like a possible alternative.
      [Neither is in our tree though, sorry.]

      Unfortunately, FULLER isn't in the FreeCEN 1841
      Census either, and Soundex doesn't find any useful
      alternative.

      If it is actually FUILLET, then French is a fair guess.
      Google & Yahoo each get 500-600 hits and most of
      the primary ones are French surnames.

      There are few rules for the Lists, but there are some
      conventions. Surnames in capitals is a good principle
      although some Listers seem to think it a waste of their
      typing time. I personally think it helps recipients spot
      "their" surnames which is the whole point of the Lists.

      Good luck

      Best wishes

      Ray Hennessy
      Forenames website: www.whatsinaname.net