Re: James CORDINER c1820 - 23 Sept 1898

  • nz.scot
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 4, 2006
      Hi there Steve,

      Thanks for your reply. Yes, we are related through Janet and
      Christian. I would certainly be interested in info on Janet
      Cordiners side of the family. She certainly seems to have a large
      number of descendants.

      I do have some info already and have contacted you direct so that we
      might sift through the common data we both have, and then we can fill
      in the gaps on our respective research.

      Cheers
      Ken
      New Zealand

      --- In Peterhead@yahoogroups.com, "stephenbroekmann" <lawmen@...>
      wrote:

      > Hi Ken,
      >
      > I am descended from Christian Cordiner's parents, I think. William
      > and Janet. So I have a little information on them and their
      > antecedents if you need it. Please let me know. Sorry I can't help
      > on James' birth date. My tree is blank there. I only have James
      who
      > was born in 1801. Presumably the uncle of your James.
      >
      > Steve
      > Cape Town
      >

      > --- In Peterhead@yahoogroups.com, "nz.scot" <kenjeanmay@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi Folks,
      > >
      > > I seem to have run up against a brick wall in trying to establish
      > > the date of birth of my gg grandfather JAMES CORDINER (c1820 - 23
      > > Sep 1896) and would greatly appreciate some help in trying to
      find
      > > his actual birth date.
      > >
      > > James parents were ALEXANDER CORDINER (c1790 - 1842) and
      CHRISTIAN
      > > CORDINER (1791 - 1867). He had eleven known siblings who were
      all
      > > born at Boddam or Peterhead.
      > >
      > > James married JANE ROBERTSON (c1821 - 11 Jun 1907) at Peterhead
      on
      > > 23 Nov 1843. They had 6 known children... James 1845, Alexander
      > > 1847, William c1850, Isabella c1852, Robertson 1854 and John 1856.
      > >
      > > If you have any knowledge of the above individuals I would
      > certainly
      > > appreciate hearing from you.
      > >
      > > Cheers
      > > Ken
      > > New Zealand

    • Steve Broekmann
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 4, 2006
        Hi Ken,

        Apologies for the silence. I am under pressure at work so I'll probably only get to think about this on the weekend. I have a photo of Janet Cordiner which I will scan and share with you if you are interested.

        Cheers for the moment.